210 Don Gaspar Ave., Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kablakistan's Profile Photo

Serene design if small rooms

Other reviewers had commented that the rooms are small, and that is true, but otherwise the St Francis was great. The bedding was soft but still firm enough to give support, the furnishings are very minimal and relaxing. But the best part was the porch where you can sit and read, or have a cocktail. The location is ideal, close to everything.

Directions: Right in downtown Santa Fe

More about Hotel St. Francis

History Delivered

by TripAdvisor Member hachimachi

We booked a stay at the St. Francis through Hotwire, and were pleasantly surprised by its historical charm. The entire place oozed a 1920s feel, but was well-maintained and friendly. Yeah, the room was a tad small, but that was only because it was authentic. Anyone looking for history in Santa Fe should stay here.

perfectly nice OLD hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RosieRobot

When I went to Santa Fe, snow fell like crazy, so I decided to move to a hotel on the Plaza. St. Francis is one block away. I enjoy older, classic hotels, and the St. Francis fit the bill.

The lobby is beautiful and was decorated for Christmas. There are smaller foyers on each floor, with complementary internet access. There was a personal feeling throughout...puzzles set up on the table of the 2nd floor lobby, for example.

Since I was alone, I chose the least expensive room, and it was very small, as is often the case in old hotels. I paid about $90, which is incredibly reasonable for Santa Fe. There was plenty of free parking, which is also great to have, so near the Plaza. The bed was fine, the pillows were a bit stiff for my liking, the TV worked, everything was clean. The bathroom was, again, very small.

The staff was very helpful and competent. The bellguy actually went out and started my car and brushed off the snow (there was about a foot) and helped me figure out the safest way out of the very icy city.

Historic Hotel in a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member ILTravelerHillsboro

The St. Francis is a non-chain, historic hotel. We booked our room at the last minute and had a standard room which was quite small, including the bathroom, which wasn’t totally unexpected. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, but little room for luggage and only a small desk and the queen bed. If I were to stay for more than one night I might upgrade to a deluxe. The price was reasonable for such a good location, one block from the Plaza. The desk staff was helpful, and the hotel has a concierge who speaks six languages, and she did offer us some good advice on restaurants and walking tours. The rate also included free parking next to the hotel.

Going downhill!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sagatabscot

We recently stayed at SFH. This was not our first visit... 3 times actually but clearly the worst. The rooms are tired, the deluxe rooms ($104 per night) are very small and the showers are awful.
While quaint and a good location, I plan to try LaFonda or others next time.
On our last day, when leaving for an early morning pickup, the non-bilingual help were polishing the floors in the lobby which required us to weave our way with luggage through the basement and kitchen to make it to curbside. No thanks to the staff!! Not again, we're through here!!!

Best price and location, too

by TripAdvisor Member Deborah4967

Most luxurious hotel of our southwest trip last week, and lowest price at $89. Historic hotel maintains historic details in halls, rooms and bathroom, so it is very cosy and cramped compared to places where you can spread out on the extra queen-size bed. Great location one block off the square, quiet and convenient parking next door at $5 per day in the hotel's lot. Free internet station on each landing (get key kept at front desk). We loved it.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member Gallitorojo

This hotel was very clean and the employees were super. Our room was somewhat small, but that is what you would expect from a hotel in a very old building in downtown Sante Fe. I will stay there again.

Comments