La Posada De Santa Fe Resort & Spa

La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa
La Posada Santa Fe Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Get the feel (sort of) of living in a pueblo

This hotel certainly has its charm. The grounds are gorgeous and the hotel was built in pueblo style.

The lowest priced rooms are extremely small. The first time we stayed there, I think we got the smallest room in the hotel. In fact, it is possible they converted a broom closet at the last minute to accommodate us. The mid-priced rooms are quite a bit roomier.

Centrally located. You can walk everywhere you need to go in the main Santa Fe area.

More about La Posada De Santa Fe Resort

Absolutely Wonderful

I think most of the reviews are truly harsh ..... and honestly find them hard to believe. I recently stayed at the La Posada de Santa Fe and I found it to be charming and the staff and management absolutely wonderful. The grounds are well groomed and spacious - quite a little oasis right in Santa Fe. We enjoyed relaxing not only in the Spa, which happens to be right on property, but in the Staab House lounge and library. Rooms were cozy and we enjoyed having a wood burning fireplace too! The one true aspect that made the stay memorable was the staff themselves, from our welcome as we drove in, to the staff upon check-in, to our room escort, we were made to feel extrememly pampered. Honestly, I hope those of you who had a "terrible time" do stay away - who needs your sourpuss stories in such a beautiful place. Trust me when I say we'll return, the La Posada was our little "Heaven on Earth". Thank you to all the staff at La Posada de Santa Fe and the absolutely wonderful experience you created for us.

Romantic getaway

We just returned from a very nice stay at La Posada. The management and staff were very accomodating, even upgrading our room to a deluxe room with a fireplace. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. We will definitely return.

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member tetheredincolorado

My son and I stayed at La Posada on February 8-10th and were fairly disappointed. We must have been assigned one of the depressing rooms others have referred to even though I requested at check-in that we not get a room in the original building because of what I had read about it in Trip Advisor and in my Lonely Planet guide.

The room was dark and very small. The bathroom was clean, but tiny...fixtures looked like my grandmother's who lives in a house built in the late 30's. The main thing that encouraged me to write this review was the shower. I am 5'2" tall and had to lean so far backward in the shower that it made my back hurt. The shower head was entirely too low on the wall. I can only imagine the trouble my 6'2" husband would have had.

What's more, somehow, the plastic liner of the tub was not in contact with the cement or whatever the foundation is below it. So, whenever I moved, the tub gave about 1/2 inch downward until it came in contact with the harder surface below. It was pretty disconcerting. I had the sensation that I was about to plummet through the floor.

Now, for the food. There are no reasonably priced places to eat at the hotel which would have been fine if it had been just my husband and me. Seemed to me they needed an informal place for lunch and dinner. My son and I ventured off site for lunches and dinners each day. Breakfast was included in our package, but only up to $30.00 each day for the 2 of us which was tough to do as cereal alone costs over 10 bucks!

All in all, I wouldn't stay there again. It was a nice place with interesting art work and grounds, but as we walked extensively around Santa Fe, we realized that there were certainly better choices which were cheaper as well. If you stay there, do not let them put you into the old building which is directly across the valet entrance from the lobby...and count on $40 for a steak (sides not included) in the evening unless you venture off property.

Freezing Cold at La Posada

by TripAdvisor Member traveldiva10

Do not get rooms without the double paned windows in the winter time. We had a large suite and had frost on the inside of the windows every morning. Heater was not sufficient to even warm up the room to take showers or get out of bed. No rugs on the ceramic tile floors! Interesting that the lesser dollar rooms had double panes. Heaters do not work in bathrooms and rooms are quite dark. You would need to be very specific when making reservations and ask a lot of questions. They did refund some of our money but it still did not make up for being uncomfortable for the holidays. Obviously we asked to make a room change but natually nothing was available

the net-net on la posada

by TripAdvisor Member thetate

I have stayed at la posada 4 times. Twice in the early/mid 90's when it was a low key, but comfortable hotel, and twice in the 00's (the last time Feb. 04) after it became a high end resort and spa. I stayed in a casita w/ a wood burning fireplace each time and my comments will refer only to them. The Common areas are quite nice, the casitas are fairly nice, the staff can be helpful and courteous or indifferent and inefficient. My sense is that la posada wants to be a high caliber resort but doesn't want to spend the money to upgrade and maintain ALL of its rooms or hire, train, and retain a high quality staff. The net-net is if you can get a low rate (under $150 or so-including parking, resort, or other fees) for a casita room, I think it's well worth it. When Sante Fe is busy and la posada is over $200, then I would look elsewhere. Lastly, do check your bill. As others have noted on tripadvisor, la posada tends to make "mistakes".

College Kids Run This Joint And It Shows

I will start with the check in. We got to the hotel about 1:30 pm. They told us the room was not ready. Check back in 1 hour. No problem we where hungry anyway. We got back around 2:30 and they said the room was still not ready, and actually the check in time was 4:00 pm.. but check back in 1/2 hour. We check back at 3:00pm still was not ready. They said check back in 30min. came back at 3:30 not ready.. give us a few min it might be ready. We waited tell 3:55. I went to the front desk and asked if the room was ready....UMMMM the guy at the front desk said... let me see. "ITS READY".. Turns out it was ready for sometime, but the front desk was not informed. Don't you think after I have been asking for about 3 hours he might have asked the maid staff if it was ready instead of looking at that darn computer..He was young and I guess people of his age think if the computer says no that is as good as GOD telling him so. Next... The sevice was Ok not the best. WHEN MY DRINK IS EMPTY PLEASE FILL IT OR ASK IF I NEED ANOTHER!!! Last but not least. My Wife had her earings stolen from her bag.. We told the front desk..but it is hard to blame someone with no proof, so we asked if they are found please call... I just think the place was way over rated and to many college age kids running the place

Believe the bad reviews, we did not

We looked at tripadvisor.com to help plan our honeymoon in Santa Fe, NM. We did not believe the bad reviews for La Posada. We are are sorry now. The place is definately not worth the money. I wanted to book a room that was on the second level and had a fire place. I was informed by the hotel that it was not possible to guarantee such a room unless I upgraded to one of their top suites. I paid the extra money and upgraded to a room guaranteed to have a fire place and a private patio. The reservations people lied to me. We were checked into a room without a patio and a cheesy fireplace. When I complained, the person at the desk asked me if I wanted to fill out a comment card regarding my stay. The place is a joke. We will never go back.

Darn Ghosts!

FIne but a bit overpriced. Spent the night in the original home owners bedroom which we found out later that she committed suicide in in the 1880s. We had heard the ghost stories but never expected them to come alive in the middle of the night. My wife awoke after her hair was pulled and tugged at twice. The toilet flushed once and we could not get rid of the cold spots throughout the room. IF hunting ghosts is your thing then its a great place. The restaurant was nice but the menu was a little strange. Tumble weed salad should be taken off. Nice historic feel to it. Nice bar attached to hotel which is part of the original house.

Comments