119 Park Avenue, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, United States

Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

• keida84's Profile Photo

Las Palomas Inn...you're gonna like it

We took a train trip to visit the Santa Fe area to celebrate 20 years of marriage during the Christmas and New Year break of 2013.

I found the Las Palomas Inn by using the search on Amtrak's website, they had a room sale going on and by perusing the Las Palomas website it looked just great. The Inn is well situated for walking around the downtown area as we did not have a car. There is a shuttle the Inn offers for sites within a 1 mile radius.

Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by Jim and Tina, two of the most hard working Inn keepers, they genuinely want their guests to have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. From the touches of the never empty "Cookie Cauldron" that's what I call the crock pot on the Inn counter filled with fresh white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to the eggnog lattes to the terrific breakfast included in the price of the room. The service that was given made us feel welcome and well fed!

The room was very clean and the bed was superb. There are some spots like the shutters and baseboards that need some attention but this did not bother us as it might others. There was a coffee maker with a nice count of coffee packages not just 1 or 2.

There was a Kiva fireplace in the room but we did not find out that fires in a Kiva fireplace should be built way back in the structure. Ours smoked and did not vent well this cost us a good nights sleep. It would be helpful to have known this fact prior to building a fire. I did find a fire extinguisher the next day but it would have been useless as it was largely outdated and not in working order. However, we were able to cut down on the heater use during the day with "solar" energy that came through the large window on the door.

All in all we truly enjoyed our stay. The Inn has several properties that are actually detached from the main building and are on several connecting streets. We stayed in the Duran House across from the main part of the Inn. This was where we found the magical turn on and off "birdage."

Unique Quality: The bird song turns off and on. No kidding. At first I thought the birds had to be on a tape because how can so many birds go silent at once? You cannot even see these little ones they blend so well into the landscape (scrub brush and trees) but they know when danger lurks or a predator is near as they shut up all at once. It is astonishing. I told my husband and he did not believe me until he heard it for himself. Quite a cacophony of sound. I jokingly said, "Birds off" and they all shut up..we got a good laugh out of that!

Directions: WIthin walking distance of downtown Santa Fe

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

convenience and simplicity

It is the sister property to hotel santa fe so you get to enjoy all the amenities of the other hotel.
    It is 2 1/2 blocks from the tourist part of downtown plaza, walking distance to most attractions, 5 blocks to the railyard and the shops near it, 4 blocks to mall that has 2 supermarkets and las cosas cooking school. They provide a free shuttle to take you to all points within a mile of hotel. 4 local buses stop 1 1/2 block away from the hotel. Free continental breakfast which include: omelette, waffles, muffins, cereals, breads, yogurt, fruit, etc. Free cookies all day long. It is not a 24 hour hotel, they do close the front desk at 10pm after that you have to contact hotel santa fe. There is no lobby. The rooms are casitas equipped with microwave, fridge, iron, can opener, fireplace, tv, desk, dining table, and patio furniture for the outside of some casitas.

Unique Quality: It has a gym but to use the pool, jacuzzi or spa you have to use the free shuttle to go to hotel santa fe.

The casitas are adobe apartments that are all on the outside in a courtyard. The hotel property is spread out as opposed to going up. My room had a skylight in it that kept the place warm even when the heat was turned off.

Some of the casitas are handicap accessible and the main office and dining area is as well.

There is a computer in the main office for use. Internet access in the room only worked on my blackberry but it did not work on my nook.

Directions: downtown

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Associated with the Inn of the Anasazi

This is a wonderful place to stay. Upon check-in, the staff offered up freshly baked chocolate chip cookies from a tagine. Their lobby has a nice sitting area with leather sofas and chairs, a fireplace, videos to rent and plenty of books and magazines to read. The surrounding grounds were lovely. From 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. each morning, a complimentary deluxe Continental Breakfast is available for guests in a communal dining area. This includes croissants, bagels, muffins, butter, cream cheese, cereal, fruit, waffles, coffee, milk and juices. If rain is in the forecast, the staff will gladly loan you an umbrella.

In the off-season (early December), my rate was $99.00 plus tax per night.

Unique Quality: Las Palomas offers two types of rooms: Pueblo (featuring wood-burning kiva fireplaces and more Native American influenced decor) and Territorial (featuring gas-lit stove fireplaces and more contemporary Southwestern style decor). My Territorial room was of a decent size and tastefully decorated.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Nice B&B in Great Location

Las Palomas has apartment-like rooms with gas or kiva fireplaces in a quiet neighborhood near the Plaza. Don't judge this place by what you see from the street. The common areas are very nice and there is plenty of parking. The entrance is in the back courtyard, along with the parking.

Unique Quality: Las Palomas has a patnership with the Inn of the Anasazi and the latter's services are available to Las Palomas' guests. Although I said the rates were about average, that still means expensive when you are talking about downtown Santa Fe. It is only about three blocks to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum.

Directions: On West San Francisco Street about three blocks west of the Plaza

More about Las Palomas

Our junior suite was REALLY just a hotel room!

by TripAdvisor Member Jes'peachy

I booked an "Art & Soul of the Southwest" package as a "last minute Delta package" and selected Las Palomas based on the hotel's junior suite printed descriptions, lovely website pictures, and Trip Advisor comments. I have to agree with Fraud's previous comments. I felt a little uneasy when I was told that our room wasn't ready at the check-in time, but the freshly baked cookies at the front desk helped a little. Our room was located in a property Las Palomas "just acquired" across the street (formerly La Tienda). As we entered the courtyard to our property (very charming, except for the pot of flowerless dirt next to our room), we noticed the room across from ours (labelled "Night Manager") was noisily being renovated. Arriving in the room, I looked for the VCR, CD player, small kitchen area, book shelves, etc. mentioned in the Junior Suite amenities--- and saw only a small refrigerator tucked into one side of our closet. (We did have a TV and fireplace as described, but that was all.) The bathroom was 1950's Holiday Inn pink/adobe style with a Mexican tile floor. The bedroom had a worn spotty carpet and little SW artwork.

I inquired about a VCR, the manager immediately brought one to our room... and he did confirm we had a junior suite without a kitchen (and without a couch, stereo equipment, etc.) I told him we would like a kitchen, and he stated they "were totally booked" this weekend and could not move us. During the course of our 5 day/4night stay, there appeared to be other rooms that were never occupied by other travelers.

The breakfasts were good--- made-to-order waffles improved the choices. The VCR movie selections were odd... a combination of opera, a few B&W movies, James Bond, and westerns, nothing that really suited my daughter and I.

I would return to Las Palomas only if I could stay in one of the beautiful Southwestern suites pictures on the website with the amenities advertised.

a great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member NYNando

We spent 6 days during Christmas at this lovely, quaint, very Southwestern hotel. It was a thoroughly enjoyable stay, excellent management and ambiance. Location is perfect - just a couple blocks to the plaza and close to other attractions. We'll definitely choose this as our place to stay for every return visit to Santa Fe!

Is This Manager for Real?

by TripAdvisor Member altitude

I don't know quite how to address our problem to benefit other travelers, but I will give it a try.. We have stayed at Las Palomas many times over the last 7 years. And we always recommend this property to our friends. Some have good reports others not so good. But we always come back. Three or four times a year. After a recent stay, I contacted the Mgr. Mitt to inform him that there was an overcharge on my credit card based on what he and I had discussed He went into a tirade that I never would have expected from a lodging professional and I ended our conversation. This is a good property. The Owner, Neil, is great. The prices are some of the best in town. But everything in the lodging business comes down to customer service. My wife and I hope that the Owner is not related or beholden to this employee and that things will change soon. Give Las Palomas a try but get everything down on paper and ask for more than a credit card receipt at check out.

I Like This Place

by TripAdvisor Member wafurojo

Recently stayed with a group for our third year. They keep making improvements like the new exercise room and soon to be wine list.
Rooms are cozy with fireplaces, small kitchens and pets are ok with a deposit. We look forward to our trip back. Walk across the street to the Piano Bar/Restaurant, Vanessie.

a quick visit to santa fe

by TripAdvisor Member kadler7morristown

our daughter recently moved to new mexico so we decided on a brief visit to santa fe. we stayed one nite at las palomas. we loved our casita with the fireplace, everyone on the staff was gracious and helpful, breakfast was great. it really enhanced our trip to santa fe. Ken and Susan Adler, Morristown New Jersey

Comments