320 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about Old Santa Fe Inn

Comfortable in a good location

by TripAdvisor Member AEF_9

I stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn for 4 nights. The service was very good and the included buffet breakfast, while not exactly gourmet, had everything I needed. The room was very comfortable, mine was a good size with a kiva fireplace. The room was a bit dark, but unless you plan to send a lot of time there during daylight hours it wouldn't be a problem. The hotel is in a good location, close to everything.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member sherylschwoy

My husband and I stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn for 4 nights. The rooms were very clean and they had nice hot showers. I especially liked the hot breakfast, daily baked cookies, and the two free cook-outs (the cook-outs are every Sun. and Wed.) The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very quiet. The walk to the plaza was not bad at all.
We had a wonderful time.

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member thebee

I recently visited Santa Fe with my teenage daughters to attend a wedding (18 and 14). We had planned on staying at the Ft. Marcy however, we were unable to get our first night's stay. The management group which books the Ft. Marcy also books The Old Santa Fe Inn and thus offered a room there and then transfer to the Ft. Marcy. We arrived late on New Year's Eve and found the Old Fort Marcy to be absolutely lovely. We had an oversized room 2Queens (these are the largest rooms available). The room decor was southwestern charming and obviously recently updated...beautiful! We had a kiva fireplace in the corner of the room and a patio and chairs out the back of the room (it was winter...so we didn't have use of it...but it would be lovely in the spring, fall or summer). This was an absolutely beautiful place for what reall is a motel. Top notch! The attendant who greeted me was extremely friendly and even called the Ft. Marcy to see if possibly they had had a last minute cancellation so that we wouldn't have to move (they didn't but I sure appreciated his kindness). We had a very quiet, restful night at the Old Santa Fe Inn. Next morning we were treated to a full hot and delicious breakfast in their lobby area, complete with glass plates, water glasses, linen napkins and several "hot" entrees. The breakfast was superb and beautifully served. It was not your run of the mill continental breakfast you would find at most "motels". The Old Santa Fe Inn is a charming place and I would stay there again in a flash. If we had not already paid in advance, we probably wouldn't have moved...although the Ft. Marcy was very accomodating also..it is a condo, so a totally different feel.

I would suggest the Old Santa Fe Inn to couples or singles or doubles traveling together. Three in a room was cramped and we had the largest room available. If you are a couple and want a quaint, beautiful stay in Santa Fe, this is the place for you. You are two or three blocks from the Plaza and all the museums and fabulous old churches in the area. The breakfast was perfect and in fact, you could skip lunch..it was so filling!

The Old Santa Fe Inn is classy, accomodating, friendly and reasonable. Close to everything you want to see in Santa Fe.

Great Place at a Great Price

My husband and I found the Old Santa Fe Inn a delightful and pleasing place to stay. We spent 4 nights at the Inn and found the place,while not exactly a world class establishment, a surprisingly pleasant and pleasing place to stay. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous on each and every occasion that we contacted them on several issues. The daily breakfast and dinner that was provided one night was delicious. The Inn itself was within walking distance of the Plaza and close to major highways for other excursions. Overall a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Perfect Laid Back place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member tjbeaches

My husband and I stayed the week-end of Sept. 10th during the Santa Fe Fiesta. The large room was authentic to the area, had a patio and a kiva fireplace. There was a coffee maker, microwave and frig . The shutter blinds were wood and the tile spanish. The bed was big and comfy, and the cottage style hotel surrounds the courtyard parking. We could park right in front of our door. The continental breakfast was good with fresh bakery bread for toasting. The hotel is one block outside the historic district and has easy access to the main highways. That was valuable during crowded fiesta. It is not a place for modern luxury lovers who frequent the Hyatt, but it is perfect for us everyday folks. The price is right and staff very friendly. I will always stay there when I return.

Very Pleased with the Old Santa Fe

by TripAdvisor Member jax777

We were very satisfied with the room (it was simple but very comfortable), the front desk service was excellent, and the location was perfect. We were assisted graciously over the phone to make our reservation. We were concerned about not having our reservation honored...as mentioned in an earlier post. The young woman assured us we would be guaranteed the requested room with queen bed and fireplace; and upon arrival that was indeed the case. The same woman checked us in, she was very pleasant and offered great suggestions for restaurants and shopping.

The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. We only took advantage of it once as we wanted to have a more "New Mexico" style breakfast. But it was nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Loved this hotel

We loved everything about this hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff is friendly and incredibly helpful. The breakfast exceeded our expectations and was served in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is just blocks from the Plaza. Would recommomend to anyone.

if you enjoy noise...then by all means stay here.

by TripAdvisor Member laneTx

Do not stay in room 7 or elsewhere that is close to the maid's re-stocking area. Nor should you take a room that has a "second-floor". What a waste of money. The noise factor was extremely disturbing...i.e. lack of sleep! I could understand every word of the conversation being held @ 2:00 a.m. in the room above me...as well as other sordid affairs. In addition, I had my own personal wake-up notice @ apprx. 7:00 a.m. courtesy of the adjacent room frequented by the oblvious motel staff. My aggravation was tempered only by the fact that my departure was immenent. I don't know if we were put there because we utilized a third-party online reservation service (Orbitz) or the guy at the front- desk was feeling surly. Either way, it was a deplorable experience all-around. Reserve your room with caution

It's the Little Things!

by TripAdvisor Member luna7412

Had a great stay here!

1) Location, location, location
Only a few blocks away from the Plaza - that feature alone is worth staying here.

2) Full Breakfast
Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, juices, coffee, tortillas and salsas...yum. Was such a
treat every morning. And the staff was friendly and helpful.

3) Quaint Rooms
A bit on the small side, but the little touches in the room - tin-framed mirrors,
southwestern historic photos on the wall, tiled bathroom and shower - more than make
up for that. Very comfortable.

4) Fitness Room and Internet Access
Adequate for a short workout (you're on vacation, after all). The "business center" was
fine for a quick check of e-mail.

Overall, made a great choice in staying here, would stay here again!

Blessed KateriBlessed Kateri

Rio Grande, Orilla Verde R.A.Rio Grande, Orilla Verde R.A.

Pink, prickly pear margaritasPink, prickly pear margaritas

set against the blue skyset against the blue sky

Comments