The Lodge At Santa Fe

750 N St Francis Drive, (formerly Radisson Hotel), Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, United States
The Lodge at Santa Fe
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about The Lodge At Santa Fe

Nice, great value

by TripAdvisor Member attractiveprof

We stayed there at a bargain price and were happy. The room and bathroom are not large but nicely decorated in Southwestern style. We liked the restaurant at night but had to deal with slow service in the morning.
The free plaza shuttle comes in very handy, especially during the recent snow storm.

Horrible!!!

by TripAdvisor Member larjay62

Horrible experience as soon as we opened the door to our "semi-suit" room that went for $149/night. There were noticeable stains on the walls, chair cushions were dirty, a hole in the shower ceiling, only one (filthly) chair on the balcony, pidgeon poop all over the balcony railing...you couldn't even lean on it! We changed rooms, but not much better. There was no chain lock on the door to the second room so we didn't get any sleep, note pads were cut in half to save money, the pillows were paper thin (and no extra ones in the closet), the lamp by the bed had been broken in several pcs. yet glued back together, and the bathroom door wouldn't shut properly. We had a reservation for three nights, yet checked out after the first night and found a wonderful hotel downtown for the same rate.

An interesting stay!

We stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights in April during a car drive across the USA from New York to San Francisco having booked it on the internet several nights previously. It took us a long time to find the hotel and we had to eventually ask. The sign post is not very clear unlike most US hotels where the sign is visible for at least half a mile beforehand!

The checking in also took some time as (a) there was no record of our booking - luckily I had a copy and (b) there was only one desk clerk to handle a constantly ringing telephone and numerous enquiries at the desk. However this clerk (Fritz) was a saint who handled everyone in an efficient manner and made us feel very welcome.

Our room was OK except that the window faced the pool area so there was zero privacy unless the blind was closed.

Breakfast was a la carte not a buffet which is unusual. This did however break the norm of most hotel breakfasts in that it was warm and freshly cooked. I thought that $2.50 for juice (no top up offered) was steep however the overall cost of the breakfast was $10 a head with tip which was reasonable. We also had a table which overlooked the mountains which was good and the staff were cheerful and friendly although undermanned.

We also ate in the bar in the evening and that was fine.

The decor is I assume is supposed to be 'rustic'. I am no expert but I assume that crooked light and power switches and creaking wardrobes are not supposed to come within this description?

Overall it was an interesting expereince and one of the better hotels we stayed in during our trip across America.

Nice!

We moved to this hotel for the last night of our stay after not being able to find hardly anything else with availability or that wasn't exorbitantly priced. I actually thought it was pretty nice, and we only paid $89 walk-up rate for a Friday night during the summer. I thought they did a pretty good job of disguising how long the hotel had been around - something like 25-30 years. We thought the hotel was new. The room was very nice (and large!) as was the bathroom. Both were decorated in a Southwestern motif. You definitely need to either take the Radisson shuttle or drive your own car from the hotel to the historic district because it is not within walking distance. The reception staff was very courteous and offered us frozen towels to try to dampen the heat of the afternoon. Would definitely stay here again for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member iadggm

This hotel has serious administrative problems. We paid in advance for a 2 bedroom suite for our party of 4, but were given a room with one king bed, a letter that said, "sorry we changed your reservation", and 4 breakfast coupons. We ended up spending 2 hours waiting in the lobby while the one desk clerk tried to figure out what to do with us -- let alone the lobby full of other unhappy guests with botched reservations. We were told that the manager was on his way back to work to help guests, but he never showed up. About 9:00pm that night, we finally got a room. We were exhausted. Most of the people who booked through Expedia ended up with some sort of room while those who booked through Orbitz got nothing. I would never stay at this hotel again. Don't let the "Radisson" name fool you -- is hotel is understaffed and the workers are poorly trained.

Substandard Raddison

by TripAdvisor Member NYCPeter

Some problems on arrival caused irritation and revealed a poorly trained front desk. Arriving at 3pm, I was told my room was still being cleaned and told to return at 4. At 4:30, when I returned, I was given a key to a room and lugged my luggage down to the room only to find it already occupied. That guest said she had moved in there earlier that day after herself being given the wrong room. When I returned to the front desk, two very confused young women were unable to find cleaned rooms on the computer system and eventually told me they would move the guest from the room I had been given, but it would need to be cleaned again. No apologies or acknowledgement of any inconvenience was made. I asked to speak to the manager, who seemed competent but then her assistant contradicted her from the abck and found a cleaned room. Meanwhile, while I waited, another guest asked for passes to the nearby health club and was told they didn't exist whilst the manager said they did exist but no one knew where they were.

I was eventually given a room which was probably the darkest motel room in New Mexico. The fittings were ok but not terribly tasteful or comfortable. I was tired so I just accepted it. THe nights were cool so I left the window open but a gate to the pool made such a clang shutting that I got woked up whenever anyone passed through it.

During my four days, house keeping knocked and woke me two mornings despite a do not disturb sign on the door. Towels were not replaced one day; the pillows were all moved to one of the beds one day; the ac was turned on low one day despite the cool weather.

Upon checking out, the front desk manager (not the same as the first day) asked how my stay was. I said "Alright" but he could tell I wasn't thrilled. He said, on his own,' We're working to make things better" so they seem to acknowledge there are issues. It seems the facility is a limitation, though, feeling more like a dated motel that a hotel, and that trained staff are no where to be found. A large sign on the hotel says it will soon be "The Lodge at Santa Fe" so I suspect it is being de-Raddisonised.

Avoid it if you can

by TripAdvisor Member HanaBay

I stayed here with a last minute reservation for business. First of all, they are short staffed so don't expect quick service even though the one person at the front desk tried really hard. Second, the hotel is a bit run down with very dark hallways and rooms. Third, bathroom toilet water pressure is so strong that when you flush, the water spurts upwards out of the toilet by about 1-2 feet. They couldn't fix this problem so I had to always flush with top down. It was not a good problem to have. They are in the process of converting to new ownership so hopefully they'll improve a few things.

Pretty nice

by TripAdvisor Member zzbeach

I was worried after reading some of the other reviews that my week-long stay at this hotel would be horrible. It was pretty pleasant. The inside corridors were deceiving since they leave the outside doors open until well after dark. The pool area was well landscaped and well maintained. The room I was in had no problems, although my only view was of some apartments adjacent to the hotel. I was there for a meeting and didn't spend much time in the room anyhow. Several other folks who were attending this meeting arrived by cab or shuttle only to find out their rooms were not going to be available (the hotel overbooked). The hotel did put these folks up in a sister hotel in the downtown area and most I talked to were very pleased with the arrangements.

This hotel has poor service and run-down facilities.

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a local wedding on 10/1/05. The hotel facilities were very old. The star rating shows three stars, but I think it is closer to 2 stars. The pool was green colored and roped off. We stayed in the 2-bedroom condo in the A-wing. The rooms were tiny, even though they were described as large and spacious by the front desk person. The decor was cluttered and the room was overall in poor-moderate condition. The toilet ran when flushed. When checking in, we had to wait for 30+ minutes because the front desk was understaffed and had to continually answer the telephone in the middle of our transaction of checking in. We were promised a roll-away bed, but we did not receive one until the second night. Once the housekeeping staff goes home, there was nobody to help us with the rollaway bed issue, and my brother had to sleep on the floor for the first night. The staff tried to be helpful, but they were desperately understaffed and overloaded. We called the front desk for assistance during our stay, and we were put on hold for a long time before we just gave up. Checking out was likewise an ordeal and took almost as long as checking in. I would definitely NOT stay here again, and I do not recommend it to anyone else. The hotel will soon be changing it's name to "The Lodge." Apparently "Radisson" is wisely taking its name off this one!

Poorly Managed

The hotel is situated in a lovely spot. That is the best part. It seemed like it was the first day of work for everyone at the front desk. My ground floor room had no way to lock the window, they missed wake up calls. At no time did any of their front desk personnell seem to know what was going on. I have been double billed and noone has returned my phone calls. Pretty scenery, bad service.

Comments