317 Kit Carson Rd, Taos, New Mexico, 87571, United States

El Monte Sagrado, Autograph Collection
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Worst customer service

Initial arrival 3pm, we were advised the casita was not ready. So we gave our cell # and went to the Taos plaza. 4pm and we never received a call. We returned to checkin and found out as a Marriott Platium member we were not given a king bed as reserved but a queen bed since all others were already occupied. The room was pleasant. The check in members were rude acting as if customers owe them for staying at this hotel.. Everything is over priced and they charge for all items you request. It may be Taos but this place sucks. I didnt achieve Platium level by taking poor service, rude people as the norm. Never will we stay at this over rated hotel. Recomend any where but this place.

• Beautiful place but terrible service!

When we checked in, we were initially told that there was no casita for us, and that room type was not guaranteed. When I showed my printed reservation for a casita, we were told that there was a casita, and given a key to Caballo Casita. When we arrived and opened the door to our room, someone else's suitcase was in it. We returned to the check in desk and were told that we would have to wait an hour (4:30-5:30 p.m.) for the room to be evicted and cleaned. In an hour we returned and were given the green light to reenter, which we did. However, we discovered several additional problems with the room: the sheets had not been replaced and were dirty, there was no bathtub (even though we had been told there was one), one of the two lights in the bathroom was burned out, and the casita was very small and overcrowded with furniture. Our lovely fall weekend was totally spoiled for me, even though the location and SOME of the rooms were lovely. This place needs a new manager!

Unique Quality: lovely spot but very poor service

• Beautiful Accommodations, Disappointing Service

While the concept behind this resort is amazing, the execution leaves quite a bit to be desired. The staff, while sweet and full of smiles, has litttle idea of how to run a resort of this caliber. Given the high cost, I definitely expected more. To begin with, I was informed upon arrival the package I had reserved would not be fulfilled. Little was done to accommodate this great inconvenience and disappointment. The restaraunt food was mediocre and overpriced, the wait service pathetic! We had to listen to dance music from the bar during our dinner.. sounds like a minor inconvenience, but when you're paying these prices in such an elegant atmosphere, you want to relax and enjoy- clearly the management doesn't have a clue.

Unique Quality: The grounds are stunning, as was our room. The basis of the resort's healing energy, eco friendly design, and world class treatments are what appealed to us most. Unfortunately, we've decided the best way to be in touch with Taos' healing energy and alternative treatments will be better found in offbeat, smaller, locally owned accommodations and looking a little harder to find the providers of treatments not usually offered in a coorporate environment.
    Even on the level of just another coorporate hotel chain, however, the service was extremely disappointing.

Directions: Located near the main plaza.

More about El Monte Sagrado Living Resort

El Monte Sagrado-Disappointing & $$$

by uaamom about El Monte Sagrado

Disappointing food and service - twice. And this is world class $$$. There are much better places to eat in Taos for far less money and more authentic atmosphere. The managers need to work on the service and the food.

Don't bother...

by TripAdvisor Member rockybalboa08

I just got back from one night at El Monte Sagrado. I had heard great things about the hotel and was anxious to give it a try.
Overall, it was average, but for the price they're charging it was very disappointing. The staff is very incompetent and inexperienced-- from the valet, to the waitstaff, spa and room service. For example, I called room service for some coffee in the morning and was rudely told how busy they happened to be at the time and couldn't I just brew some of the coffee that they had in my room (yeah, I guess I could but that's not why I chose to stay at El Monte Sagrado). It was this kind of attitude that I encountered again and again with the staff.
Overall, I felt like the staff didn't want to be bothered. That's my recommendation to others- don't bother- spend your money elsewhere.

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Branchman

We celebrated our 5th anniversary last week by staying at El Monte Sagrado. We could not have had a better time. The staff was superb (all of them saying, "the anniversary couple!" as we would encounter them through out the resort). Our suite had a Morroccan theme and was so enchanting we didn't want to leave. The resort itself is amazing and totallly built with an "earth friendly" concept, all resorts should be built like this. The spa facilities, the pool, the restaurants and Anaconda bar were top notch. We had one of the most spiritual and romantic stays of our 5 year marriage. Thanks El Monte Sagrado, we can't wait to return.

Second time around

This was my second time staying at El Monte Sagrado. The first being last year. I thought it was nice then, but had a few issues, nothing that would make me not go back. This time around, come to find out that it had been purchased by the Kessler Corp. which all I can say is BIG mistake! You can tell that it has become a corporation.

One of the best things about this resort was the staff, maybe not always 5 star service, but nice people, that were always ready and eager to please you. If something was not right, they made it right. Now, nobody is really aware of how to treat a guest. There are these new charges for parking and resort fee??? What the hell is that! I thought my $400/night was enough of a fee to stay there. Not to mention when you ask what the fee is for, you get some lame excuse that does not make any sense. Unfortunaley, I think all the people who had their hearts there are no longer working there, so I won't be going back. I much rather take my $400 and spend it somewhere where the people are happy to see you and treat you like a normal human being, not like you are bothering them.

Will they ever solve the air conditioning problem???? Money can go into expansions, but not solve the problems at hand! Corporations...gotta love em!

Awful service, ruined the night!

by TripAdvisor Member GringoRubio

The service was terrible and it ruined our one-year anniversary. The only reason I gave this an ‘Terrible' was because the food was good. I had called ahead and talked to the manager to create the reservation and let him know that this was our one-year anniversary. He assured me it would be very special. There was definitely some build up to the expectations at De La Tierra. The waiter came by and asked if we would like some water, we obliged. Once our water glasses were filled, he abruptly asked if we were ready to order…? Ready to order? How about asking if we would like a cocktail or an appetizer? THIS WAS OUR ANNIVERSARY! After we told him that we would like a few drinks, he shrugged and later returned with the drinks. He then asked again if we were ready to order our main entrée. I told him that we would like an appetizer. We then ordered the Caesar salads. After we ordered the Caesar salads and they arrived at our table, I HAD TO ASK if they had any dinner specialties for the night. He rudely said ‘no’ and rehearsed that they had a Tapas appetizer special and rambled for a bit. Keep in mind this is after we ordered our appetizers. At this point, I was pissed. What about our special night? What about mentioning ‘happy anniversary’? There are too many (---) up’s to mention; About how they forgot the bread…. About coming by and saying ‘you get a free dessert, what do you want’? I can go on and on but I am reliving a terrible experience. I would never go back to this establishment and will tell all my acquaintances to stay away from De La Tierra and El Monte Sagrado Resort. Thanks for the special night and special memory!

Truly a sanctuary

by TripAdvisor Member Hathor

Me and my mother decided to have a nice little get away weekend for her birthday and decided to venture up to Monte Sagrado. The bellman were very friendly and very prompt. After you check in you get a tour of the property and an escort to your room. We had a small casita. The casita had a private herb garden in the back and it had another small patio in the front full of herbs and flowers. The Biolarium was very nice with it's hot tubs and pool. As were were out in our patio we looked above to notice turkey vultures and hawks flying around. The property is very quiet and serene. I really loved the spa amenities in the room. Breakfast was very yummy and very healthy. I would highly suggest this place to anyone who wants a quiet property with the best to offer. I suggest if you want a larger room then to book a suite. If you want a larger patio/garden area then to book a casita. The colorful casita I stated in was called "Trout".

Disappointing and embarrassing

by TripAdvisor Member Pinotgirl

My Boyfriend and I were invited to a wedding at the Resort, so we decided to splurge and just stay there as the rooms are very $$$ - The rooms were highly overrated - they were hot, air conditioning went down, the facility was dirty and the service was horrible, everyone that worked there looked as if they were still in high school and no one could answer our questions or would pick up the phone (Room Service). We went to the bar on evening and there was nobody there for over 1/2 an hour, when we asked the hostess where they were she told us they quit, we asked to see a manger and she told us that they went home for the day? I was embarressed for the Bride and Groom as there were so many of us that were staying there and we al witnessed the same mistakes and service issues we were all so disappointed.

Very Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member verneta

I enjoyed a very relaxing and wonderful time at El Monte. Taos also has a lot to offer. I can't wait to return. The rooms are nothing like I have ever seen and I have traveled around the world.

Comments