Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths

410 Austin, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, 87901, United States

More about Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths

The Blackstone is the premier place to stay in its area.

by TripAdvisor Member Gouthum

The Blackstone has incredibly comfortable beds and linens. Its HD Television package fits a wide range of tastes including XM Satellite radio.

As far as its hot springs tubs, they are comfortable and brand new. I recommend this establishment to all of those who plan on staying or just soaking.

Make sure to upgrade to a wet room pass which has a steam room and waterfall all with natural hot springs mineral water-Crystal Clear Blue scent free, silky smooth.

Blackstone - great place to relax

by TripAdvisor Member Sacagawea

This place is great! We were looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway and Blackstone was a perfect fit. We liked it so much, we actually rearranged the schedule for our travel later in the week so we could go back to Blackstone for our last night in NM. Rooms are clean, well-appointed, and well-designed (larger than they look in the photos on their website).

The owners and staff are terrific - friendly and a great source of info about the area. Definitely upgrade to take advantage of the Wet Room during your stay. Blackstone is much nicer than other lodging in the area, and reasonably priced.

Photos are from the Babaloo. We also had a tour of the new As the World Turns and Jetsons suites, which have even larger spring-fed tubs.

Just wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member Traisk

I stayed with my boyfriend for my birthday. It was absolutely perfect. We loved the wet room, the really comfortable bed and the tub in the bathroom. This place is a GEM! Don't miss it.

Never want to leave!

by TripAdvisor Member DesertMouse

Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths is the most Fabulous place to stay in Truth or Consequences,NM. This is a return trip for us. We love the in-room mineral bath, but the "Wet Room" is the most wonderful place. It has a huge sunken tub with a waterfall, a steam room with a waterfall, and a shower. The tub and the steam room are supplied by the natural hot springs. Mere words cannot convey how special this room is. Our room was spacious and well appointed. If you are looking for a place to relax in comfort and style, this is it. Check in, slip in to the robes in your room and go directly to the Wet Room for a soak. It's all good after that.

Quiet Get Away Spa

by TripAdvisor Member rvalentine

Truth or Consequences is trying for a come back to the glory days of hot springs and parades and the Blackstone has already arrived... at least for those of us who want hot springs in the room, clean facilities, pleasant atmosphere, friendly people and reasonable rates. The bath(s) were new, hot and nurturing and the "wet room" is large, playful and well thought out.

It is a quiet get away, perfect for two; we found it to be an excellent retreat.

Richard and Terri N. Valentine
In from Arizona

A Jewel of a Find

by TripAdvisor Member nmtravlers

Being raised just a few hours south of T or C, I was not only shocked but truly amazed to discover the quaint beauty of this little town that I had passed by numerous times but never stopped in to get more than gas and a Snickers bar. I have to admit, I never even gave the town a second glance. But to the amazment of both my husband and I, we discovered a fabulous little jewel that we will be visiting more often.
Discovering the town of T or C only became possible after I booked an overnight stay at the Blackstone Hot Springs. I knew this was a special place after we had to unexpectedly cancel our initial reservation and I actually spoke to the owner and he graciously helped me re-book another night. Now, I should be clear that this courtesy isn't an automatic one, however because the inn was not booked on the night we planned to stay, and also because I had anticipated having to pay for the missed night and didn't haggle or complain, Rob offered to see if there was availability on another night. Fortunately there was a room available just a few weeks out from our original date and we were able to discover what is now on our "Favorites" list.
When we arrived, Rob came right to our car to greet and welcome us. He showed us into the courtyard that completely took us by surprise. This place is truly a hidden jewel. The inn is in the historic district and upon pulling up, the old structure didn't seem like it would hold much promise. But when we saw Rob's smiling face, we lightened up and soon realized that what was waiting on the otherside of the wall was just the escape we needed. The flagstone paths, native container plants and a covered arbour are the perfect welcome for weary travelers or urbanites needing to get away from the chaos of the city.
Rob continued the tour and showed us to our room (The Golden Girls) and completely wowed us when he opened the door. The room was the perfect mix of contemporary decor with a hint of retro and of course the southwest spa feel so we wouldn't forget what we had come to enjoy.
Considering we paid only $75 a night, I was pleasantly surprised to find a kitchen that was equipt with a sink, stainless steel refrigerator, flatware, dishes, and even sturdy plastic glasware that allowed us to enjoy a cool spring night on the patio with a glass of merlot.
The room was perfect, the atmosphere (inside and out) relaxing but the grand finale was getting the bathhouse to ourselves for an hour to completely unwind in privacy. For a small fee of $25 we had what has probably been the most relaxing 60 minutes we have had in a very long time. Money well spent!
I think for both of us, this little find was more than we could have expected. Although the prices will go up in the early fall, this is still a great place to get away without going broke.
And, I have to say that our host, Rob, is absolutely fabulous. He makes everyone feel welcome and has truly put a great deal into making the Blackstone an enjoyable, relaxing, fun and most of all affordable place to get away to.
We are looking forward to our next escape to the Blackstone.

Do Not Miss This Unbelievably Wonderful Hotsprings

by TripAdvisor Member bobalouLosGatos

A most memorable spot that we will come back to, hopefully year after year. The hosts/owners, Rob and Ralph, are so down to earth and welcoming. They have done an excellant job with each of the rooms and every one of them is special, with a capitol "S". We stayed in the Babalou suite. Mainly because he's Bob and I'm Lou. It was our 13th anniversary. It was our place for 2 days. It was more than we could have imagined, the virtual tour was nice on their website, but in person was so much more. The room was so large and homey/comfy, it sounds lame, but is so true,..we felt at home. Oh my Gosh, the bed was something to die for, we slept like babies. All the ammenities, even supplies coffee and creamer/sugar and plates/utensils. The tub in your private bath is an experience. We were in awe of the hot mineral sping water. We stayed 2 nights and paid the extra $25.00 per days for the Wet Room. Please, please, please experience the Wet Room, it is incredible. You truly feel rejuvinated, relaxed and isn't that what a vacation is for?? We highly recommend Blackstone, I hope many, many people will experience what we did. We LOVE this place.

suprise find

by TripAdvisor Member cmutiff

We might have been the youngest guests by a decade or two, but it was really fun and I'm sure we'll be back again. Stopped by on a road trip and it was the perfect way to relax. Loved the wet room and the town. The Blackstone owners were very friendly and helpful. Don't be deterred by the appearance of the town or the buildings as you drive in - the inside is very quaint and nice.
Definitely try to stay here if you're interested in something off the beaten path.

Blackstone Hotsprings was great

by TripAdvisor Member angel00915

This was our second visit to the Blackstone. This time we took another couple. We all loved it. The new rooms are really great and we'll be going back very soon. Thanks Blackstone, for a great weekend!

Best Value for your dollar

by TripAdvisor Member bogieElPaso

T or C New Mexico is known for its natural flowing therauptic mineral hot springs water. To enjoy mineral baths you have to visit local public bath houses or a high priced hotel. The Blackstone Hotsprings provides an affordable, private, comfortable hotel room AND its own private mineral bath in your room. Plus their "wet room" is private and has a natural mineral water pool and steam room. Looks are deceiving. At first the motel and rooms give the impression of a low rate motel BUT don't be fooled. The rooms are nicely equiped with the most comfortable bed you'll ever sleep in. There is custom Italian coffee plus HD/TV and your own private mineral bath in your room. The motel is being enlarged and remodeled with more rooms. The finished product should be very appealing. This is definitely the place to stay for the value. Walking distance to restaurants. Owners are on site and very helpful and accommodating.

Comments