Comfort Inn And Suites Albany

park by Albany City Hallpark by Albany City Hall

Travel Tips for Albany

Old Homes

by Bwana_Brown

As I drove into and back out of the city centre on Western Avenue, I noticed a number of fine old mansions and homes. These are a couple of the smaller houses located not too far from the Holiday Inn Express where I was staying. It shows a construction styles that are common throughout New England and New York.

50's Retro

by Bwana_Brown about Metro 20 Diner

The Metro 20 Diner has a decor that is a throwback to the 1950's and it's large seating area is quite bright and clean.

The service was fast and the food was good, so I was quite happy with my breakfast stop before leaving Albany for points further west in the state! Nothing fancy, just a good helping of 2 eggs over easy (with a big bottle of Tabasco sauce!), a thick slice of ham with mustard, hash brown potatoes, whole wheat toast and coffee. It really hit the spot and only cost US$5.50 before a tip!

Albany museum tour

by paultrip2

"Albany museum tour"

After suggestion of my friend I went to Albany city, which also capital of New York state there architecture of all places remarkable, after arrived there I felt it. It was first time when visited there. All travel kit and reserved done before depart. After reached at airport took our luggage after two our, in between I watched inside the airport area, also taste some sandwich with a cup of coffee, just few minute drive I reached our reserved cheap hotels in albany, nice hotel indoor as well outdoor side, Received our room key and went to our hotel room in behind of hotel man, which carrying our luggage. Nice room it was, as well too big a home rooms, about 7 pm time when I entered to our room, Just refresh and went to near by area restaurant and ate some meal also ice-cream, I loved ice-cream. Next Morning awoke up early morning and went for tour of New York City, it was free, and about 10 am to 2 pm I visited that city. Nice place I watched. After lunch at a famous restaurant think where I went, just walked near the Empire plaza, got lot of entertainment and adventure after watched huge of shop and restaurant, I was full of lunch then not took another food but also ate chocolates. Also looked some museum at that plaza. Came back at starting of night, after obtained a great dinner, took sleep, Next Morning I watched corning tower Observations Deck, it was located at Adirondack foothill. Next day was superb because I got a lot of entertainment at Catskills place, also that place famous for hiking, some time with help of guide watched and know about that place, got some best time moment at during hiking, in nearby are Berkshire hills located, two hours also travel that place. But fourth was wonder and beautiful because I walked at Washington Park, which is the best and ever green park and spread huge area. Also watched free musical live program at playhouse of that park. It was may time and tulip festival held every year, in this program more huge of tulip flowers exhibition show by public, huge of tourist came here for watching that festival and one of the best and evergreen festival on that city. Also I watched live music program at there park, huge of newcomer guys came here for show our talent and did some best music here, watching for that music concert crowd of newcomer and tourist came here. Nice day it was when I travel that city, gained lot of knowledge. Second last day also departed to Thacher state park, it was 2,000-acre park. I did at there some little trails, picnic area of that park awesome and made tremendous scenery all time. Also watched largest museum in all of 50 state at New York state museum, jealous place it was and watched huge of collection with free admission at there. Last day, at half day, went for shopping near the shopping markets, you could get more things at there after bargaining, just rest of last day packed our luggage and came back our home a lot of memory.

Basil R. Bhan's Albany Page

by brbhan

-I have lived in Albany, NY since the last thirty years but now feel that it is time to look for a new home in a warmer clime - perhaps Arizona or California.
-Love classical music and riding my Gold Wing motorcycle.
-Most of my travels were business - paid for! Intend to keep the momentum of seeing two new areas annually. Next stop, within 3 weeks is Bahrain. Learned a lot from VT (here) on the WEB.

Yep, born in India, accountant by profession and a happy father of three Columbia University graduates. What more can I ask for but His continued blessings.

Comments