1395 Washington Ave, Albany, New York, 12206, United States

Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY
Priceline.com Ext. Stay America Booking.com

• Horrible Experience - Worst Ever for a Hotel

I stayed at the Albany Extended Stay America for 12 days out of my planned 45. After the second week's "weekly" refresh, I awoke the next morning covered in bug bites. I called the front desk and they said they would move me to another room after I washed all my clothes in case they had spread through the room. After spending four hours packing up my room, re-washing all the clothes I had just washed the night before and moving into another room. I went to use the bathroom in my new room. As I sat on the toilet, water dripped from the ceiling overhead onto my head. I couldn't even use the toilet in my new room without an umbrella!

I went down to the front desk and told them that if I had to move again, after spending the last 4 hours moving, I was going to move to a different establishment. They couldn't fix the leak so I checked out. I asked for a refund for my stay, and they offered to give me a refund for the unused days I had prepaid. The clerk said he "wasn't authorized" to do more than that. When I received my statement, I found that they reimbursed me for only 1 of the 2 unused nights, because I had checked out after their hotel time requirement of 11:00 AM. Probably because I spent from 8AM - after Noon just moving rooms! You think?

I spoke to the assistant manager the next day and he said he "wasn't authorized" to help me and I should contact the general manager, who wasn't in, but usually was (whatever). I left multiple messages and emails, and even stopped in twice. Finally I received an email nearly 48 hours later saying 'I'm off to a conference, but will try to resolve this when I get back in another 48 hours'. The email that I then received was "I've never had anyone ask for all their money back before." Really? I've never woken up at a hotel covered in bug bites and had the ceiling leaking on my head while I went to the bathroom before!

I then received an email from the senior guest relations manager saying she "wasn't authorized" to resolve the issue and they had opened a claim with their insurance company to "determine liability". So now I'm 'liable' for being bitten by bugs and having their ceiling leak on me?

Seriously - what a joke. Not only was the hotel experience terrible, but they demonstrated a lesson in "How not to resolve a complaint and make a customer even more upset".

Horrible stay. Horrible building. Horrible customer service and problem resolution skills all the way up the chain. Horrible rating.

Comments