800 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, New York, 12211, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Albany

roadside pic of the Barnsider (GoogleMap)roadside pic of the Barnsider (GoogleMap)

Albany City HallAlbany City Hall

Washington Street ArmoryWashington Street Armory

Travel Tips for Albany

Fine University Grounds

by Bwana_Brown

In my short drive into the city, I passed by at least three educational facilities whose architecture and grounds appealed to me. I tried to get a photo of the State University of New York (Albany Campus) that conveyed the feeling, but I did not really succeed. I needed more time to wander around looking for better angles, instead of just pulling over into a parking space at the side of the Avenue!

RETRO DINNER WITH GREAT BURGERS

by moiraistyx about Johnny Rockets

Just this past weekend my mother and I went out clearance shopping. While we were walking the mall we came across this great retro style dinner which reminded my mom of growing up in the 50's. I got her to go in by telling her I would pay for lunch. We were as far from being disappointed with this dinner as one could be. I ordered the Patty Melt and my mom decided on the Chili Cheese Fries. Mom also got a Root Beer Float. The fries were served first just as they were when my mom was a girl. They were fantastic and full of flavor. When my burger came I was equally pleased. It was done just right and was juicy but not greasy. They best part of the dinner is the wait staff. At one point during our meal, Staying Alive by the Bee Gees came on and the entire wait staff got up and did the John Travolta dance from Saturday Night Fever. It was a real crowd pleaser. This place is definately family friendly and easy on the pocket book. The Patty Melt

The Egg

by mrclay2000

By far the most interesting building on the Empire State Plaza, the Meeting Center (popularly known as "the Egg" from its form) is the only curvilinear building amid the modern complex. Its design at once sets off the plaza as an ultramodern setting, though the other buildings generally follow a strictly functional form. Turning one's back on the state capitol and looking over the plaza, it is the Egg (which holds two auditoriums) which soothes the eye from a endless supply of right angles.

Home away from Home

by cjg1

I was fortunate enough to have several very good friends in the area. This afforded me countless opportuntities to come visit and explore this town. I want to thank them all for everything they gave me during those years.

Comments