Red Roof Albany

ST MARYS CHURCHST MARYS CHURCH

Schuyler Mansion exteriorSchuyler Mansion exterior

The NY State Education BuildingThe NY State Education Building

Travel Tips for Albany

saratoga springs is a quaint...

by tripster

saratoga springs is a quaint town about an hours drive north of albany. one month a year they have horse racing and parties galore. downtown broadway street in saratoga springs is a lovely place to sit with a cup of coffee, read the newspaper and soak up the sun at an outdoor cafe.

It Was Convenient!

by Bwana_Brown about Dragon City Take-out

OK, I had been eating out at restaurants for three straight nights and I did not want to do it again! I had some work to get done on my laptop, so I decided to use the list supplied by the Holiday Inn of nearby restaurants that Deliver. I still had not had my quota of spicey food on the trip so I opted for a Chinese dish - hoping that I would have a good experience like the time I was recently in Oklahoma. Wrong! The main dish of Szechuan Chicken was not too bad, not quite spicey enough, but the rice was like paste. I threw a bit of soy sauce on it to juice it up a bit and also chucked some of it into my meal sauces. Luckily I had a Heineken beer to help comfort me. Actually, I did not regret ordering the meal, it served my purposes for that night and only cost $10 with a tip (service was fast).

ST MARYS CHURCH

by moiraistyx

The thing that caught my eye about this small but historically significant church was the angel on top of the steeple. For some strange reason I was drawn to this church. After researching it and finding out more about the church I understand why. St. Isaac Jogues blessed this site when he hid in a nearby barn when he escaped from Mohawk Indians. This is the third church to reside on this site. The previous two were torn down to build a larger church to accomodate the growing parish. Construction of the present church began in August of 1867. It was designed in the Romanesque Rivival style by Charles Nichols. The church cost an estimated 100 thousand dollars to build and was dedicated by Reverand John Conroy the second Bishop of Albany.

KatWoman's new Albany Page

by KatWoman

I came to Albany in September from Canada. I work as a nurse here. It is a pretty nice city however, I prefer to be near the water. I enjoy fishing, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, and being in remote areas where there aren't too many people. I don't like over crouded beaches.

I hope to go to the California or Florida areas next. Does anyone know of any kool places to live that fit the above description?

Comments