Pine Tree Point Resort

Anthony Street, P.O. Box 99, Alexandria Bay, New York, 13607, United States

• heartbreak to watch this Grande dame die

I've been a guest at this "resort" for more than 20 years. I can remember a decade ago enjoying seafood buffets on Friday nights and sumptuous bunches (with jazz piano) on Sundays. Now the place is one rung up from cabin camping ...restaurant is shuttered, bar is closed, rooms are dumpy, property is weedy, buggy and overgrown. Hot tub is closed and dirty pool is freezing. Love or leave it property owners ...this is no way to treat this choice price of property and the guests you sucker in...

• Just Horrible

Oh, Where to begin..... My husband and I had our wedding at the Pine Tree and although we love the location it is very rustic and charming that is about all the place has going for it. I've read many reviews on Pine Tree and all of them are true. The rooms are run-down the worse I have ever seen. There is peeling paint, threadbare rugs, stains all over the place, faded wallpaper, dirt, cobwebs, bugs, un-sturdy railings on the balconies, etc. Pretty much anything you can imagine wrong it’s there.

The resort is huge and was definitely at one time a grand place now it is sadly neglected. You would think that the owners would try to make up for this with customer service and satisfaction; this could not be farther from the truth. My biggest problem with the place was dealing with the owner, Melissa. We could never get ahold of her. We would leave messages to discuss wedding plans and it would take her weeks to get back to us. After we paid the deposit forget it; it was pretty much impossible to get in contact with her. Since the resort is closed during the winter months we had to rely on email and leaving messages at the hotel then waiting weeks for someone to get back to us. We were never given a direct line to anyone and Melissa would tell us one thing then her helper Margo would say something completely different. We would be quoted a certain price then be charged something different. BEWARE there are many hidden costs that are not included in her outrageously overpriced fees. For instance, any chair or table that has to be moved will cost you $2.00 plus tax and gratuity. If you would like a champagne toast for your guests that will also cost you an astronomical amount. As does soda, coffee, or tea with dinner. The rooms are overpriced and dirty and the grounds are a disgusting mess. We would go to the resort in the spring before it was open to try to plan seating arrangements etc. and there would be no one there trying to prepare the place for opening. It was very dis-heartening to see something so beautiful being severely neglected. Melissa is one of those owners who does not care for their property. Melissa also owns another business it is a bar that is called downtown and it is located in the village of Alex Bay. It is obvious that this place is the focus of all of her attention. The night of my wedding we were told we could keep the bar room open later for an extra fee of course, however, at the end of the original four hours the bartender had to close the room down because he had to go to Downtown to work at that bar. We went to the front desk and they tried to get ahold of Melissa but couldn’t. Melissa was not on site or available at all on the day of the event to help with any issues. Unbelievably, later on Melissa herself was spotted at her own bar, Downtown, not working but drinking.

I don’t think I can ever explain the fear my mother and I had the entire time we were putting together this wedding. The food is contracted out with savory café out of Watertown and thank god for that. I shudder to even think about the condition of the kitchens at Pine Tree. Savory Cafe did an excellent job! We were able to get in contact directly with them to arrange our menu and they were great, real professionals. The food that they prepared was excellent they bring in all of their own staff and they were very courteous and polite.

If you are even considering staying or using this place for your wedding I would highly recommend against it!!!!! It is an over-priced mess. The owner will tell you anything you want to hear in order to get your deposit and then not deliver on what was promised and in general you will be unable to get in touch with anyone. Our original impression of Melissa was that she knew what she was doing and everything would be fine. That really is not the case all she cares about is getting your money to sink it into her bar and giving you as little in return.

Comments