17 Holland St, Alexandria Bay, New York, 13607, United States

Satisfaction Poor

More about Riveredge Resort

very nice

We spent an extended stay at the Riveredge Resort for Columbus Day weekend. We were very impressed with everything about the resort. The room was very nice (we got a channel view room) and had an excellent view of the St. Lawrence river and Boldt Castle. We had dinner in the Windows on the Bay restaurant two nights and each meal was fantastic. It is located close to down town and the boat tour company. We will definately be back. The only dissapointment was the indoor pool was not heated and was a little chilly for me and my four year old son.

the only problem was there was no room for us to have dinner, we had to order ou

by TripAdvisor Member debbie56

there was no room for us to eat dinner, so we had to order hoagies from a hoagie shop. that was supposed to be a our romantic dinner.

Good Views

by TripAdvisor Member EWLTexas

My husband and I spent a night at this motel style accommodation in early October, 2004. Although our room was well maintained, the facility seemed old and, at that time of year, chilly and damp. We were pleased to have a porch overlooking the St. Lawrence, with a view of Bolt’s Castle. The beautiful colors in the leaves made up for the touristy appearance of Alexandria Bay itself. The weather cooperated and provided a sunny afternoon for a pleasant boat tour conducted by the Uncle Sam Boat Company.

Rooms Are Great, Restaurants??????

We just got back from spending two nights at the Riveredge Resport. The view from our Room (343) was spectacular. The only complaint that we have is the Restaurants. We arrived early afternoon and had lunch at the Windows on The Bay. Terrible service, and the food was ??? It took us 15 minutes to be seated and we were ignored. The service was terrible. We decided to try the dining room upstairs the following evening and it was closed! So back downstairs to give the Windows on the Bay another shot. NOT!! Again it took forever to be seated and it wasn't busy and then after we were seated, we waited and waited....we ended up walking out and going elsewhere. We were told that the Dining Room Manager quit a few days earlier? Overall we enjoyed our stay. The Lounge and Tiki Bar Staff were great. You won't be disappointed if you decide to stay here, but dine elsewhere.

Poor Customer Service

Just came back from spending our wedding anniversary at the Riveredge. The Riveredge seems to be run by a bunch of kids. All staff were very young and seemed very inexperienced. Upon check in to our "concierge" level room, we were thrust a bottle of warm champagne and given a letter explaining the Wine & Cheese Reception and Continental Breakfast was included in our reservation. The Wine & Cheese reception started in 1/2 hour on our floor so after unpacking we went to it. Only nothing was in the room stated. So we called the front office. They insisted it was going on, I explained I was calling them from the empty room and the response was oh well, guess I'll have someone call the kitchen and eventually it will be set up. No apologies, no trying to make it right. Several couples standing around looking for reception were also starting to get angry. As this was included in the considerable cost of a so-so room, we were not happy. Disapointed in the "breakfast"...a couple of pumper pots of coffee, 1 carafe of OJ that was not replenished and stale mini danish on a plate. The Riveredge service was a big dissapointment. The "concierge" room was clean however and the view was pretty. Overpriced compared to quality & service

Love the Riveredge

by TripAdvisor Member smatzke64

My husband and I returned from the riveredge very happy. Alexandria bay is one of the most peaceful places for me to visit. We have spent many years up there for our Anniversary along with our best friends who were married there. Our room was always beautifully clean and well kept. The doormen were always there with a smile for you. And that makes you smile which when your on a vacation how can you not enjoy smiling. The service desk people were very professional, not much of a personality some of them, but pleasant enough for me as I did not have to see them often! The outdoor pool very clean and lots of sunshine to enjoy. I think the rooms are a bit pricey for summer season, but that is part of the tourism up there. I enjoy the fall and spring time up there just as much. And will return many times to the Riverede!

no sympathy

i have stayed at the rivers edge more than a half dozen times and really loved it, i went to be alone ith my husband after having twins at least once a yr for a mini vacation weekends. we live 5 hours away. on 3-31 i had reservations. that morning i got a call from my nephew and my brother had a stroke at 49. i had to fly to west virginia that day, we did not know if he would make it. when i called to postpone the reservations, it was ..to bad, that will cost you one nights fare. i feel that was horrible. where is the compastion? i even told them i would furnish a doctors note and make another reservation within a yr, seeing how i come up all the time..too bad was the attidude.

Nice location but poor service and food quality

by TripAdvisor Member rew345

Location is great (10/10)
Cleaness (6/10)
Service is poor but not rude. (3/10)
I never have seen something similar.
Employees just don't smile and "forget" guests.
You ask for something (wine, a staff for your room) and nobody provides the service even if you ask several times the employees.

Food was average in the restaurant. (5/10)
Except their clums soup which was outstanding (10/10).

Enjoyed our stay at the Riveredge

by TripAdvisor Member MMM3

My husband and I stayed at the Riveredge for our anniversary in August. I read many reviews and visited many websites before finally booking this location which turned out to be the best decision. While we were there we visited many of the other hotels or "resorts" that I had considered. All of the places aside from the Riveredge are not only not resorts they are down right scary looking. Most of them look like dumps that haven't been upkept in 30 years. We went to play mini-golf at the Bonnie Castle Resort property and I was horrified - the greens were full of holes, the water in the "river" and "waterfalls" wasn't working and apparantly hasn't been for a long time. The water was so stagnant it smelled like a swamp. If this is how they upkeep their property I would definetly not want to stay there... But, back to the Riveredge - rooms were average, not anything special, but very clean. Even if the rooms aren't ones with the best view, they are nice. All rooms have a small balcony - very quiet and peacefull in the morning to sit out there and watch the boats go by if you are an early-riser. We booked one of their vacation packages (which I highly recommend). The package included a river boat tour (excellent) with a stop at Boldt Castle (I am a history buff and my husband isn't but he really enjoyed himself). Our package also included 2 breakfasts and a dinner in the Riveredge "Windows on the Bay" resturant. Beautiful views from the resturant. Food and service at breakfast both days was excellent. Service was very slow and inattentive at dinner time, but food was still very good. Overall, I am VERY glad we decided to stay at the Riveredge instead of anywhere else in Alex. Bay.

Never Again

A very nice property done a great disservice by employees. Not upfront about extra charges, housekeeping gratuities. Reserved for a king bed, received two doubles instead. Found sharp staples on the floor. Was told room service was available til 9pm, but could get no answer upon dialing at 8 pm. Cleanliness lacking. Attempted to advise of some of the problems on checking out but received no satisfactory response. On subsequent phone call regarding extra charges, the girl started yelling at me!!! Really a shame as it could be an excellent resort.

places of worshipplaces of worship

street camstreet cam