10 Flint Road, Amherst, NY, 14226
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about HOTEL INDIGO AMHERST

First Rate!

by TripAdvisor Member abroadminded

I booked the Hotel Indigo for it's "Stay-Park-Fly" deal. I had a flight out of Buffalo Airport and this hotel offers shuttle service to and from the airport along with parking. I liked the hotel's parking lot and felt very safe leaving my car there. The shuttle service uses a Cadillac Escalade, so that was a nice, comfortable ride! The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were beautiful and I loved the decor; very trendy and colourful but still warm and inviting. I had a great night's sleep on the bed. Nice touches like Aveda bathroom products.
Unfortunately, I had similar experiences as those who wrote about kids and noise. I could hear kids who were using the hallway as a playground and when I went to the pool, the teens who had been in there earlier had left the place a mess. There was a devoured chicken wing on the pool deck floor and empty fast food containers all over the tables (even though there is a sign posted that no outside food is permitted). The hotel management/staff really needs to better stay on top of this.

But I'm giving it a 4-point rating because, other than that, it really was a beautiful hotel with personable, energetic staff, where I felt no inkling of the heebie-jeebies in the bed or using the bathroom or dresser drawers. It was a tad pricey, but I splurged for this first night of my vacation and felt like a million bucks.
Oh, and it was also in a very convenient location, close to many restaurants and shopping.

Visually a very appealing hotel . . .

by TripAdvisor Member debcav

Visually, this is a very appealing hotel. The lobby/bar/checkin are very updated. There are some funky adriondak type chairs in the bar area that I would love to have at home.

Checkin and Checkout were speedy and pleasant.

The rooms are nicely appointed with "fake" hardwood floors and tile. No carpet -- which I liked (at first). The room is full of nice shades of blue. Also, the room was very clean.

The bed was wonderful. Very comfortable and liked the bedding.

The pool area (we did not use it) looked nice and was a nice size for the hotel.

Overall, a nice looking hotel. But, not a usable hotel. It is as if whoever designed the rooms, never stayed in them. On first glance the non-carpet floors are nice. That is until you get someone in the room above yours with high heels or with the running feet of a toddler. Then, that is all you hear . . . feet going back and forth on the floor above.

Another sound issue had to do with what I am guessing is the thickness of the walls. I'm not trying to disgust anyone . . . but you could actually hear someone going to the bathroom in another room! I kid you not!!!! And, when they took a shower in the room above us, we could hear every drop of it.

The rooms have nice wooden doors -- nice looking, but not practical. All night long we heard people slamming doors. The were not easy to close because of the tight fit, so it turned into a regular slam fest!

Over all, I don't think I would stay at this hotel for more than a night. While I really like the look of it, I can't see getting a good nights sleep there. It is just too noisy!

When I first walked in to the hotel, I would have given it a rating of 4 or 5 . . . but because of the lack of sound proofing, I have to give it a 3.

Great spot close to highway

by TripAdvisor Member Vamanos4

Very nice hotel with fun contemporary decor. Bright colored paintings,cool lighting and nice wood floors. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. Service was excellent; we walked in and asked for a room and the desk clerk did not hesitate to match the price I saw on Orbitz when mentioned by me. Did not get a chance to use the pool, etc. but looked very nice.

A different hotel -spa style

by TripAdvisor Member magel86

I loved the lobby area. It has fun, helpful check-in staff. It is bright and colorful. We spent time at the bar with some fun patrons. We did not try the coffee/cafe area.
Our room was pretty but the comforter covers were stained. Upon asking for clean covers housekeeping took the comforter covers to clean them w/o a problem but did not replace them.(Odd)
The shower was nice and had Aveda products.
A nice flat screen tv.
On the down side two or three hockey teams were staying in the hotel. Playing (in-line) hockey in the parking lots and hallways. They were loud and kept us up past 2 am. I got our hallway to be quiet but the floor above us were older teens who were quite loud.

I will stay here again , I pray no sports teams are there at the same time.

Retro Funky Place

by TripAdvisor Member Kdmel2007

I stayed here for a recent business trip and after booking my original stay at the Marriott downtown (that hotel was AWFUL) the a/c did not work, the decor was atrocious; backdated from the 70's- dont let the pictures of the illustrious lobby fool you...anyway back to the Indigo- my colleague suggested this spot and i was hesitant..but when I walked in I was very pleasantly surprised. Its very colorful and the rooms do not look like traditional hotel rooms. It was spacious and very up to date. I will stay here again and highly recommend it!

Comments