75 North St, Auburn, NY 13021

Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Manager Amber Gansert is Abusive

I stayed at this Holiday Inn recently, and my experience would have been wonderful if it were not for the hotel manager, Amber Gansert.

Amber Gansert tainted my weekend horribly - not because she refused to acknowledge the daily rate I was promised before I drove all the way from Canada...but because of the demeaning, embarrassing way in which she dealt with me as a customer (and in front of other customers).

I actually had no problem paying the extra amount, but Amber was so sarcastic and hostile with me when I tried to explain that another employee had given me a discount before my arrival, that she caused me a great deal of humiliation at check-in and throughout my stay.

Amber Gansert was abusive, demoralizing..and without a trace of even decency when dealing with the public. Thanks to Amber Gansert, I will never return to that Holiday Inn.

More about Holiday Inn Auburn New York

In awe in Auburn

by TripAdvisor Member jjoeandjoan

This spotless hotel boasts excellent staff, a fine breakfast , and excellent amenities. We took their wine-tasting package and couldn't use all the freebies they gave us. The desk often had a bowl of fresh fruit for the guests, morning coffee was free, and the staff in the breakfast room was very attentive. They gave excellent directions, and were helpflu about every detail of our visit.

This is a Holiday Inn?

by TripAdvisor Member SharBuffalo

We don't think much of Holiday Inns, but this one was recommended by a friend. Great surprise, though. Very friendly and competent staff; very clean rooms, in all, a well kept place. Good food at the Murphy's Pub in the hotel. We would go back.
The hotel is convenient to the various wineries we visited over two days. We had a problem with our car, and the hotel staff directed us to a local repair shop which fixed the problem on a Friday afternoon and didn't want to charge us for the 5 minute fix. Now that's local knowledge!

Geat Newly Renovated Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member qdan1

Visited the Finger Lakes wine country and stayed at the fabulous hotel. They have a pub called McMurphy's that is fantastic. I was there for a three day meeting meeting and the banquet food was superb!
Rooms are clean and recently renovated and the staff was friendly and helpful. best of all they had an indoor pool....I'll be back this winter. Overall great hotel.

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member northerngirlatheart

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was wonderful...they always greeted me whenever they were near. The food was amazing, and the town was beautiful. I just couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable experience!!!!! I would stay here again anytime!!!!!

Great Hotel in an Classic Setting - mostly : )

by TripAdvisor Member mcconnelld

As my colleague and I drove into the town of Auburn NY on business, we marveled at how beautiful the contryside was in comparison to our densely-populated home towns back in Florida .

The little town was picturesque with a 'classic' small town look that was refreshing. When we came inside to check in, we were immediately reminded of how likable and eager to please the people of New York are...they offered help with our luggage, asked if we needed restaurant recommendations, etc.

Oh, about that setting.....the hotel is hjust a couple blocks from an attractive 'downtown' area, near the Seward estate, and next to a Church. Don't mind the imposing state prison located a safe distance behind the hotel. It was an odd site at first, but did not bother us.

We boarded the glass-backed elevator to get to our fifth-floor rooms, and were treated to an impressive view of their pool and atrium.

The rooms were up-to-date and very comfortable, with a micro-fridge setup that helped us save a few dollars by enjoying leftovers and cold 2-liter sodas instead of buying soft drinks from the vending machines : )

Nice choice of pillows, very good nightly rate.

I heartily recommend the restaurant/pub, McMurphy's, for darts.

Give it up for the Holiday Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member madcapgirl

Auburn doesn't have much, but it does have a Holiday Inn. Pretty decent accommodations, I was pleasantly surprised to see. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, the bathroom large and spotless. I was happy with the service and the room but there were 2 things that bugged me. One was that there was no window to the outside of our room. The only window overlooked an enclosed pool area. I don't know, just from a fire standpoint that seemed unsettling. Also, we were given a room with 2 double beds and when I asked to have a king instead, I got the "oh absolutely not, this was a pre-paid reservation." Oh , OK, whatever, its the day before Thanksgiving, and its not like this joint is booked up. This Holiday Inn is easily the fanciest thing in all of Auburn and the busiest, with perhaps an execption being the prison down the street.

Also try the McMurphy's Pub, which was an unexpected delight.

Good option for visiting Waterloo Outlets

by TripAdvisor Member BA-traveler

On this website I was looking for a hotel in the vicinity of Waterloo Premium Outlets and this hotel had the best reviews. Because I had some questions I contacted the hotel by e-mail before our arrival. I received a prompt and friendly reply from the hotel manager, giving me a good sense choosing this hotel. I had a coupon from the Outlets with a 20% discount of the hotel standard rate. We arrived in the late afternoon and found the entrance a bit difficult. When you arrive from the north (Highway 34) be aware to turn right at the street before the hotel! You cannot use the only entrance in front, because that is one-way out. (We did use this one, the hotel is in the middle of the city centre and there is very busy traffic so it we couldn’t turn around.)

There were two friendly girls behind the front desk and check-in went smooth. We had a reservation for a King executive room and were given a room with view on the inside swimming pool. The room is very dark, so we had to turn all lights on. There is also a balcony, but we have not been there during our stay. The room is spacious, but scarcely furnished. Just one easy chair with ottoman, a working desk with one chair, the King bed and a closet with the TV set. A sort of wet bar, a sink with a desk above, so you have to kneel a bit to use it, a small refrigerator, a coffee set and a microwave. The bathroom was clean. During the night it was very quiet and we had a good night sleep.

The supermarket is a short drive away and not easy to find, ask for directions at the front desk (they don’t have maps of the area). In the lobby is a computer available for free Internet, for printing you have to ask the front desk. We made our own dinner and breakfast, so I cannot comment the restaurant. The next morning it was a little more than a half hour drive to Waterloo Premium Outlets.

Above average for the chain

by TripAdvisor Member Robert7350

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. I was pleasantly surprized by this hotel. Room was clean and quiet. Staff was friendly with quick service. No problems at all.

I wasn't impressed with McMurphy's pub though. Service was good, but the food portions were small and didn't taste very good. Fortunately, there are several good local and chain restaurants within a 5 minute drive of here.

Above average Holiday Inn -- Will go back!

by TripAdvisor Member CTNana

I frequently stay with relatives about 15 miles south of Auburn. This time I felt I needed a peaceful retreat, as I am an Income Tax Preparer and I checked in on April 17th! So glad I chose this hotel. The pool was refreshing, the service great and MY room was clean, quiet and ample sized. I am glad I did not have an interior room facing the pool - would have been very noisy, as sound echos in the atrium. Lots of families, all having a great time. My 11 year old grandson stayed one night with me, and I felt he was safe when he asked to explore the facility by himself.

We had a great served breakfast in a sunny dining area - no buffet as advertized. One night the entire family ate at the pub. Others may be critical of the Pub food, but honestly there are not very many places to eat other than national chains anywhere along Route 34 from the Weedsport thruway exit until you get to Ithaca. So this is a good facility to try when in Auburn.

I am a Priority Club member with the Holiday Inn chain and was disappointed when I reserved to have the desk clerk tell me the internet rate would not be as good a deal. I fell for the bait and switch and did NOT save money. Breakfast is free at the higher rate, but I never used the whole $20. credit they gave me. Then when I checked my points, they didn't credit me for the extra cost!!!

Will definitely stay there again. Next time I will be more careful about the "comeon's"!

Comments