Econo Lodge Inn And Suites Binghamton

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Binghamton

local carousel horselocal carousel horse

Binghamton/Johnson CityBinghamton/Johnson City

Hoping to Move to Area

by mrshodge

I've been searching real estate ads through out the Broome, Delaware, Chenango, Otsego and Tioga Counties. I need help to narrow down my search to afew towns. I'm looking for some where quiet with a good school system to raise our children 15 and 13. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mrshodge

Re: Hoping to Move to Area

by denaligriz

I work in Binghamton but live in Pa. The area you listed is quite large. Will you be working? if so, in what field? What kind of environment do you want, rural, suburban, city, small town? The answer will definitely make a difference in the cost of real estate.

Re: Re: Hoping to Move to Area

by mrshodge

My husband in an IT Supervisor and will most likely be working in Bringhamton. We're looking for a small town. And like everyone searching for real estate-the worst home in the best area. I hope not to be working and do any minor refinishing or small handy man jobs on the house myself. Mrshodge

Re: Re: Hoping to Move to Area

by williewest

I prefer Chenango and Otsego,
Home prices are very reasonable.
I also like Johnson City, Conklin, and Kirkwood. I also lived in Pa and worked in Binghamton. Great Bend, Pa is a nice area.
But don't forget that snow is the
name of the game in Binghamton. And if you move too far away from the job, Your trek home will be icy and dangerous. Go to www.bestplaces.net and compare the towns nearby. Go to www.realtor.com for the current prices for home in the area.
I hope you find your dream town.
Will

Re: Hoping to Move to Area

by dmgreene

I know this will be a biased response since I have lived in this town my whole life (51 yrs). But if you are looking for a place that is safe and clean with a good school system and easy commute to Binghamton, then Whitney Point, NY is it.
The village has a population of 1000 with Dorchester Lake and County Park approx. 2 miles from town. Right on I81 at exit 8, you can be in Binghamton in less than 15 minutes.
You probably won't find housing at a better bargain anywhere in the southerntier area.
Yes it's cloudier than the national average, and yes there's snow most of the winter. But all 4 seasons are distinct and picturesque.
Good luck!
Doug

RE: RE: Hoping to Move to Area

by rscottpaton

I am an out of town owner of a 4,000 sq ft remodeled ranch house Tioga County.
It has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths upstairs, inground swing pool out back, and 3/4 of an acre of beautiful country setting on top of the hill between Owego and Endicott. Best of all it is in the Union Endicott school district. UE schools are well known to be the best around. If it is location you are looking for, this is a perfect setting. In one direction the new Locheed facility is going up 6 miles down the road, just before you get to the quent town of Owego, then on to Elmira and the beautiful finger lakes region. The other direction is the village of Endicott, the birthplace of IBM, then Vestal, home of B.U. and on to the city of Binghamton. The picture posted is deceiving, there is a large addition on the rear of the house with cathedral ceilings, great room with a grand fireplace open to a large kitchen with new appliances. The addition includes a hollywood bath and upstairs laundry room. The walkout basement is fully finished, with a huge ??? room with a fireplace, full bath, and 2 bedrooms

RE: Hoping to Move to Area

by rscottpaton

Hello
I sent some info on a home in campille, did you receive it ?
If you are interested, i can sent more info and photos.
Roger
rscottpaton@hotmail.com

Travel Tips for Binghamton

South Central NYS

by cjg1

Binghamton is one of those towns easily passed through on the way to somewhere else. But like anywhere, there are things to see and do here.

If I am passing through in the evening or visiting family not far off I will try to see a baseball or hockey game.

Golf Courses

by kooka3

Places to go:
1) Binghamton Country Club: 1401 Robinson Hill Road, Endwell. 797-5828
2) Apalachin: S. Apalachin Road off of Pennsylvania Ave. 625-2682
3) En-Joie GC: 722 W. Main Street, Endicott. 785-1661
4) Ely Park: Upper Ridge Road, Binghamton. 722-7231
5) Traditions at the Glen: Watson Blvd, Johnson City. 797-2381
6) Conklins Players Club: Conlin Road, Conklin. 775-3042.

Check out the Fajitas

by kooka3 about Los Tapatios

The food here is really good, and the portions are huge. I went with a group, and everyone enjoyed what they had. The fajitas were different than what I was used to - Instead of having the meat and veggies separate, they were all grilled together. The pieces were actually bite-sized, too so they weren't falling out of the tortilla. The only down side is that they didn't bring nearly enough tortillas - but when we asked for more, they had more out to us within about a minute and a half! Service in general was excellent! The people were very nice, attentive, and quick.

The ambiance is ok - it could've been really great, except for all the paper streamers in the Mexican flag colors . . . oh well. I've only had the fajitas so far, but intend to go back to try more. Another person in the group had enchiladas and liked them.

Their homemade tortilla chips are addicting!

Almost every dish on the menu was between $6 and $10. Lunch and combo dishes were usually $5-6.

Comments