Post Offices and buying stamps
Well - this isn't really a "favorite thing" - but I figured that buying stamps and mailing stuff falls under general tips, so here it its:
You can find post offices in the final locations:
1) Binghamton Main Office, 607-773-2145, 115 Henry St, Binghamton, NY 13902
2) Westview Station, 607-773-8692, 146 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905
3) Southview Station, 607-773-8679, 1213 Vestal Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903
4) Johnson City Main Office, 607-729-4066, 307 Main St, Johnson City, NY 13790
5) Vestal Main Office, 607-798-1772, 117 Rano Blvd, Vestal, NY 13850
6) Binghamton Annex, 607-773-2148, 120 Chenango St, Binghamton, NY 13902
7) Vestal Main Office, 607-798-1772, 117 Rano Blvd, Vestal, NY 13850
8) Endwell Branch, 607-748-2498, 3223 Lawndale St, Endwell, NY 13762
9) Endicott Main Office, 607-748-8207, 200 Washington Ave, Endicott, NY 13760
10) Union Station, 607-785-1181, 311 Exchange Ave, Endicott, NY 13760
You can also buy stamps around town in various places like at Wegmans (in JC), and at most CVS and Eckerd Drug Stores.
AA Eastern League baseball
Check out the Binghamton-Mets (The B-Mets) play at NYSEG stadium. They are an affiliate of the NY Mets. There are about 140 games between May and September. Night games are at 7, day games are at 1:30. Tickets are normally $8 for box seats and $7 for reserved and grandstand seat. Tuesday nights often have specials like 2-for-1 tickets, beer, and/or hot dogs. The stadium has a seating capacity of about 6,000.
This is one of only a couple Thai restaurants in the area, so I had high hopes for it, so I wouldn't have to take a trip to Ithaca or Syracuse for really great Thai food. However, this was the WORST Thai food I've had!
If you like bland food, take the trip. Otherwise, go somewhere else. The Thom Kha soup was really bland - it tasted like just the coconut milk with no spices in it. The Pad Thai had ketchup in it! EEWWW! It was like a Thai version of spaghetti - with bean sprouts. Not good. The curry was decent, but wasn't spicy at all, even though we ordered it hot.
Definitely stay away from the Pad Thai if you go; the other stuff was ok if you aren't into the Thai flavorings.
Binghamton - my college town
Went to Binghamton University, where I graduated in 2002 with a BA in philosophy. I miss the town here and there, it's definitely a college town. Has some pretty good restaurants (and fairly cheap too!)