1574 Route 22, Brewster, NY, 10509

Good For No Data

More about Brewster

Huge Apple TurnoverHuge Apple Turnover

Delicious Vanilla MilkshakesDelicious Vanilla Milkshakes

Liz is ready for her breakfastLiz is ready for her breakfast

Anticipating my meal...Anticipating my meal...

Travel Tips for Brewster

Brewster

by cjg1

rewster is a small town in Putnam County New York. Liz and I have friends that are local to the neighboring towns so we often find ourselves meeting up here at the Everready Diner for a meal or for a shake when passing through the area.

Brewster, New York

by tbaurley

Brewster, New York is a quaint little town in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Conveniently located within a decent distance to New York City, train service can get you downtown from these hilly lands with lakes and rivers, hiking trails to NYC in 45 minutes. I used to live in the small village of Putnam Lake once in 1984 with my brother Bill, and again in 1999-2000 with my wife (ex-wife now) Hena.

Picture above:
Me and my best friend Rachel, visiting them just outside of Brewster, in Danbury, CT.

June 1999 - our house in Putnam Lake

by tbaurley

"June 29, 1999 - our house in Putnam Lake, NY (outs"

Ah, the memories of the little cabin we had on Putnam Lake, a small village part of the town of Patterson, of the city of Brewster. Interesting little area. Here are some house shots of wildlife that came into our yard.

June 29, 1999
I remember the day like it was yesterday - I was working on projects for several of my clients, finishing up the DHR and Flheritage.com pages, and webmaster manual; and I spied a deer walking around outside the front yard. We had recently moved to Putnam Lake, NY from Tallahassee, Florida because Hena, my wife at the time, wanted to become a star - she was a very talented actress and musician, so we thought we'd move close to Broadway. I still was in my "country-living" mode, so required we still lived in the woods. We found an intermediary place, a small cottage right on the lake with frequent visits of deer in our backyard. Yet a bus would stop every couple hours in front of our house to take people to the train station, from where you could be in downtown New York City in 45 minutes. A 10 minute drive the opposite direction can be skiing or hiking on the Apalachian Trail. It was a wonderful location, just a too-small house. At the time, I was working from home on Leafworks Web Design my web firm; Hena was working for Alden and Associates, a job locator firm. She had to commute to White Plains every day. Our adventure in New York had begun, though we didn't enjoy the overload of work that lay before us.

View Journal memory post on this day

Comments