Capri Whitestone Hotel

Agoda.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Bronx

Grand Concourse above kIngsbridge RoadGrand Concourse above kIngsbridge Road

NY's chippy play kept them in the game...NY's chippy play kept them in the game...

Hot dog anyone.....Hot dog anyone.....

Liz and I enjoying Yankee Stadium (2010)Liz and I enjoying Yankee Stadium (2010)

Days Inn

by phoneman

How is the area around the Days Inn Motel

Re: Days Inn

by nicolaitan

not really pleased with the morrisania location in the bronx. not bad if you are using your own car, new and apparently pretty decent for a days inn, but requires a bus to get to the subway thru a less than optimal neighborhood. by public transit close to an hour to get to midtown manhattan. and definitely not where you want to be wandering around in the late hours of the night.

Travel Tips for Bronx

Trip to Yankee Stadium

by travelfrosch

We were able to visit Yankee Stadium on the second-to-last regular season game ever played here. "The House that (Babe) Ruth Built," or as Red Sox fans say, "The House that was Built for Ruth," will be torn down after the end of the season. Either way, it will undoubtedly go down in history is one of the "Cathedrals of Baseball." The home of the most successful Major League Baseball franchise in the 20th Century (and one of the most successful teams in the history of modern sports) for 85 years, Yankee Stadium has seen its share of unparalleled moments.

We came here on a Saturday afternoon to see the Yankees play the Baltimore Orioles. Sara was able to get us some excellent tickets in the upper deck directly behind home plate for a (relatively) reasonable price. While the game itself won't go down in history as one of the best games ever played, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We left at the end of the 8th Inning, when the score was till 0-0 and after Mariano Rivera (arguably the best Relief Pitcher ever) was announced as coming into the game. We knew the outcome would almost certainly be a Yankee win, and we'd be much happier getting a head start on the traffic. Sure enough, we got out of the Bronx in time, and sure enough, the Yankees ended up winning, 1-0. Still, even I reluctantly admit the end was fitting.

Yankee Match

by barryg23

Though our seats were quite high up, we still had a great view of home base. This was the first time i had gone to a baseball game and i wasn't expecting too much - being brought up on soccer, hurling, rugby and tennis had given me disdain for American sports - shame on me :)
Boy, was i wrong. There were 3 home runs in the first innings and lots of excitement. The game was so good I almost forgot to go get beer and hot-dogs! For the record the Yankess beat Texas Rangers 9-7.

The "Bronx" Accent

by cjg1

The "Bronx" Accent is a very distinct one. Liz was born and raised in the Bronx but for the most part you'd never know by her everyday speech (she does an excellent job is disguising it). Only when she is tired or gets mad does her "Bronx" come out. Her "ing" from the word running becomes "runnin". Then comes the mix of Italian and English words...It's quite amusing honestly...almost a Marissa Tomei from my cousin Vinny....

PACK ACCORDING TO THE SEASON

by moiraistyx

NYC is just like every other part of New York State. There are 4 very distinct seasons that all have weather that can vary from day to day. Try to check the area forecast a day or so before leaving to come here that way you can pack accordingly. The one thing I suggest you definately pack is a good pair of walking shoes. Also bring something to wear out dancing. A camera is a must. I don't suggest swimming here unless its at a pool in the hotel.

New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium

by Gypsystravels

Everyone should see a Yankee game at least once at Yankee Stadium. The stadium is always packed, the fans are nuts and you just have a great time. As recent as a few years back I'd attend at least 4 or 5 a year, not much but always had a good time while I was there. For the most part we would hang out for a few innings and then leave before the crowd.

I haven't been to a Yankee game in over a year, but I do go to the Mets games, my babe is a season ticket holder and you'll see me at Shea Stadium helping him root for his team.

Comments