Bed and Breakfast on the Park

113 Prospect Park W, Brooklyn, New York, 11215, United States

More about Bed and Breakfast on the Park

Perfect romantic (or otherwise) spot on Prospect Park

by TripAdvisor Member Gavintripad

We stayed in the lady liberty. The website does no justice to the lady liberty or any other room in the house. The entire residence is bursting with art and character. The staff was friendly and actually caring - we got the sense they would do whatever it takes to ensure a good experience. Truly a special spot. We will be planning another valentines day stay at this gem.

Perfect Oasis in Brooklyn

by TripAdvisor Member flourgirl419

I used to live around the corner from the Bed & Breakfast on the Park and had always wanted to stay. Now that I, sadly, don't live around the corner, I jumped at the opportunity to try it out. It is truly a special little spot. I already know and love Park Slope, but my boyfriend had never been and, being a New Englander, had preconceived notions regarding New York. I wanted him to have a wonderful experience and learn to love Park Slope as much as I do and thought staying at the Bed & Breakfast would accomplish this. I was right. Everyone at the Bed & Breakfast was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. When we had an issue with our initial room, they quickly looked into the situation and offered us a new room in exchange. The breakfasts were beautifully laid-out as well as extremely delicious. The worst part was having to check out and leave. I highly recommend staying here whenever you want a quiet, special place a little off the beaten path.

Highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member hhellis

The Inn is lovely, spotlessly clean, in a safe location with accommodating, likeable personnel. I had no hesitancy walking day or night to a business section of Park Slope about 10 to 15 minutes away. My visit related to a family medical matter, not a vacation. The Inn provided me with wonderfully comfortable rooms located so I could avoid the activities and exchanges with other guests when I wished. I liked the quality of the guests I did meet. There were hugh, delicious, and lively breakfasts, but I always chose to have the other offering which was brought to my room the night before. My schedule had to be very flexible and these in-room breakfasts were varied and delicious. I have no hesitancy recommending this bed and breakfast.

Avoided the snow storm at home

by TripAdvisor Member crullr01

The accommodations were first class. The staff treated us like royalty. They not only met our every need, but they had good suggestions on where to visit, shop and dine. The breakfast adds a new dimension to Bed & "Breakfast." We'll never think of that meal the same. We will visit Brooklyn again to see our daughter. There is no doubt where we will stay.

Feels like going home

by TripAdvisor Member Kierans_grandma

We have stayed at Bed & Breakfast on the Park several times. After the first time, it always felt like going to visit old friends. The staff, which is beyond wonderful, are the same people you met before. Sometimes, even the guests are the same. The rooms are beautiful. There is a full kitchen for the use of the guests. The breakfasts are incredible and typically include an original recipe from the endlessly inventive young woman who presides over the kitchen. Allergic to something -- no problem, just tell a staff member and you'll get an alternate treat. Breakfast is served in a beautiful family dining room at one large table encouraging lively conversation with fellow guests. The rates are somewhat higher than other bed and breakfasts in the area -- and it's worth every penny.

great location!

by TripAdvisor Member UncleCarmelo

On the positive side... Nice location, centrally located. Prospect Park is wonderful and the area is relatively safe. Staff were pleasant though somewhat seemingly harried. Food quality was very good.

On the left -to- be- desired side... We would have preferred a modest, continental breakfast to the sumptuous Full-Breakfast Extravaganza. Since breakfast begins at 9.00 a.m., any chance of leaving early before the crowds gather is lost.

We did not appreciate the "political table"- that is, left-wing political discussion actively encouraged by the hostess.

The modest community kitchen is adequate though we would have preferred a refrigerator in our room for privacy. Also, we would have preferred early morning through evening coffee service made and maintained by staff.

Also, the rooms do not lock from the outside. When you exit your room the door does not lock.

Parking is atrocious (certainly not the B&B's fault!)! Block out 10 - 30 minutes (in our experiences) whenever you leave the hotel to find another space upon your return.

Wonderful place to stay in Brooklyn

by TripAdvisor Member Westendall

This is a wonderful place to stay if work, family or preference leads you to Brooklyn. It is in a beautiful neighborhood, not far from the subway, across from Prospect Park (more beautiful than Central Park). Our room was in the front, but somehow not particularly noisy at night--Brooklyn really quiets down at night. Lovely, old victorian place with some quirks, but no more than was charming. Our hostess was very friendly and helpful; breakfast was excellent, and we enjoyed the opportunity of meeting our fellow guests. We were easily accommodated with an early breakfast set up for us on our last day. A charming bed and breakfast.

Welcoming, Elegant and Personalized

by TripAdvisor Member HenrysNana

We have stayed in this historic and chic B & B several times over the last 4 years, and always look forward to our return visits. The staff is most welcoming and provides individual attention. Start the day with a bountiful, delicious breakfast, beautifully presented. Special dishes were made to accommodate our "lo carb" diets and our daughter and grandson were even invited to the table one morning. We always find that our fellow guests are from interesting and varied backgrounds, and we have frequently lingered over breakfast to learn something new, hear a different perspective or get a hint on a local site or event of interest.

Every aspect of our stay was facilitated by the staff's attention to detail and willingness to make suggestions and anticipate our needs. For us, this was a great find in a neighborhood that we visit frequently.

The most perfect place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member HappyOslo

We stayed at the B&B on the Park for a weekend in April and loved it!
The location is perfect next to the Prospect Park, and you soon feel like one of "the Brooklyn family". You may walk through the park to the Botanical Garden and then to the Brooklyn Museum. The subway is not far and the F-train brings you to Manhatten and even to Queens, in the other direction as far as Coney Island. There are lots of nice places to eat and drink in the neighbourhood and the staff is happy to help with quidance if needed.
The whole house is decorated with antiques and art - the interior is beautiful, and Lars Olaf - being a cabinet-maker - found it very interesting and inspiring! Downstairs is a sitting area with newspapers and even free internet use. In the kitchen you may help yourselves to a snack (the cakes are very good!) and there is juice and yogurth in the fridge.There is a pleasent garden in the backyard.
We stayed on the top floor in the "Lady Liberty" with our own private terrace, nicely decorated with flowers and furnitures - the view was amazing - the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline! The room was like the rest of the house - beautiful! The bed was impressive with lace linnen - being quite small myself, I actually had to use the little ladder to climb in - I felt like a queen! Trough the terrace door, we had the perfect view of Miss Liberty!
The bathroom is large and furnished in the same style, naturally not top modern, but more than adequate.
The staff had left for us water bottles and snacks and we had our own coffee-maker. Every morning we woke up to the birds singing in the trees in the back-yard, we made ourselves a cup of coffee and sat down at the terrace before going down to the breakfast. The breakfast is held in the dining-room at a beautiful set table also with antiques an porselane. The friendliy staff served us - we didn`t have to lift a finger. Every morning there was a special "warm treat" in addition to rolls, marmelade, cakes etc. Being Norvegians, we were a bit anxious for the "small-talk" at the table. But the staff (I think this beeing Linda?) sat down with us and made conversation with lots of humour and great spirit! The other guests were so nice and inspiring and they all gave us ideas on things to do during the day.
And there is of course Bella - the most friendly and welcoming little dog!
When sitting down at the terrace late at night for a last drink , we agreed upon that this is the perfect place to stay - we could easily get used to it! And hopfully we will return!
Birte & Lars Olaf, Norway

A unique, pleasurable experience

by TripAdvisor Member Harrisons57

Bed and Breakfast on the Park was recommended in The Sunday Times and lived up to the review. The staff were kind and helpful and provided lots of good help and advice (it was our first time in Brooklyn). The room was charming and met all our needs. Breakfasts were a delight. If you want to be near Manhattan but not in it, this is an ideal location. We could not recommend it highly enough.

Stuart and Val Harrison, Cambridgeshire, UK

Menu of coffe drinks, teas and specialtiesMenu of coffe drinks, teas and specialties

Signature brownstone with stoopSignature brownstone with stoop

The QuadrigaThe Quadriga