370 4th Ave, Brooklyn, New York, 11215, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Worst Hotel In Brooklyn

This hotel is not what it seems at all. The reviews on TravelAdvisor were all wrong and they was nothing charming about this place at all. I really think they write there own reviews. The hotel was dirty and the we had cold water in our showers the whole entire stay. The staff did nothing to try to make our stay better. Plus we got no newspaper and the litttle box breakfast was a joke...please stay clear of this bad hotel

Unique Quality: NO BUSINESS CENTER
    NO POOL

More about Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu won't give you the bleus

by TripAdvisor Member gastizar

I recently stayed at Hotel Le Bleu and was presently surprise. I had read some reviews good and bad. However, I chose the hotel for the location in park slope. I am so glad I did not listen to the bad. The room was beautiful. The price was a little on the high side for me, but great compared to the prices I was quoted in Manhattan. There is supposed to be a restraunt which they said will be opened in June. breakfast was ok though. They bring it up to your room so you don't have to get it from the little room in the lobby, and they gave me a list of different places that delivered to my room. 5th ave was very close only a 2 minute walk. I was amazed to see the choices of restaurants and little shops and bars. Then I walked to Prospect Park which I found to be just as nice and less crowded than central park. I barely went into Manhattan. The staff at the hotel was very nice. They were training a new person at the desk, but I was so tired from my plane trip that the gentleman checked me in real quick. The bed was really comfortable. I almost never got up. All in all I think I got my money's worth. I already made my reservation for July.

Hotel Le Bleu made us blue

by TripAdvisor Member UkTiny

I have just returned to the UK after spending 6 nights at Hotel Le Bleu. I was duped not only by the official website and the promises made at the time of booking but throughout my stay. In relation to the hotel or brothel as it appeared to be, due to the comings and goings, cool and chic are not words that I would consider to describe this place. It has unprofessional, discourteous, inexperienced and staff, the local industrial area is okay if that is what you are expecting, the promised views of Manhattan’s skyline were in fact of U-Haul's depot, the taxi rank, the hotel's trash or the hotel's car park, the weird bathrooms (you have to be in a secure relationship to use it not ideal for honeymooners or those of a squeamish nature), no guest facilities (no room service, concierge, no breakfast, the adequately stocked mini bar etc.. consisted of two bottles of water), the promised fancy restaurant which is only just starting to be built and will not open for at least another 6 months according to the contractors, doors that are broken (one to our tiny balcony the handle was loose and shook when it was windy and the door couldn't be opened and the wardrobe door did not close) paying through the nose for a room and not then getting the room you paid for, This hotel is horrendous. If you do not book with the hotel directly, you receive a substandard service and are told to take it up with the people that you booked the hotel with. Throughout our stay we were informed that we did not get the King Superior room that we had booked and paid for as we had booked htrough Expedia and they had given our room away. We were given a basic double room overlooking the htoel car park and taxi rank. Ensure you pay by cash for the security deposit otherwise as we were told we could not have our money back (a public discussion and refusal to take no for an answer, take photos of the things that you are not happy with, resolved this), no room rates are displayed in the lobby, sadly I could continue about this bad experience. I was not able to find another hotel for the length of my stay as everywhere else was booked. I also had paid up front for this hotel as I did not book with the hotel directly; this is the nightmare and reality for overseas travellers.

I love Brooklyn having lived in Garfield Place and 7th Ave, 10 yrs ago. I have come away from the US still loving Brooklyn, and the character of the borough. Manhattan with all it new builds seems to have lost the soul that Brooklyn and Park Slope have maintained. Development is required for future success but it needs to be done in a thoughtful and responsible manner to reflect what currently exists in a neighbourhood. Hotel Le Bleu not only has got it wrong, but also the way in which it deals with its guests will have a truly negative impact not only on the hotel but also the surrounding area as bad experiences inevitably do. It would be a real shame if guests come away from Brooklyn and Park Slope with only opinions of Hotel Le Bleu and not that of the vibrant community from 5th Avenue and beyond.

Nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member blazz

We checked in early but the stff made us feel right at home offering us drinks and gettintg a room ready for us right away.

The room was modern and cool. The glass shower was wild. The beds were very comfortable and like sleeping on a cloud.

During our stay the Front Desk staff helped us to find restaurants and bars in the area and always greeted us as we retuurned from a long day out.

We can't wait for the restaurant to open as the breakfast was suficient but the area has no place to sit down.

we would definately stay at hotel le bleu again.

Steer clear of this place - the bad reviews are accurate

by TripAdvisor Member janydany86

On a recent trip to New York I decided to avoid the high Manhattan hotel prices and stay closer to family and friends, so I booked a room at the Hotel Le Bleu. BAD DECISION. The hotel is still undergoing construction and should not be open for business yet. The construction work is loud and very disturbing as is the constant stream of construction workers coming in and out of the building with sheet rock and tools. We rented a car but there was no room in the parking lot since it was overrun but construction trucks. The staff needs more training. The front desk clerk was very condescending and confused this hotel with a four star Manhattan establishment, something is clearly is not. He was very untrained and ill at ease answering even the most basic questions regarding the hotel and the area. The bellboy was also confused. He seemed to believe he was a bouncer at an elite nightclub and even propositioned me as I stood in the lobby waiting. It appears that the hotel gets is fair share of "hourly" customers given the way I was treated by the staff and the location of the hotel, which is in an industrial area and overlooks at auto repair shop and a storage facility. The "breakfast" was served in the "lobby" which would more accurately be described as a closet and can only accommodate about five people safely. It was cramped and there was no table or room to sit, let alone have a nice meal with my family. The rooms are also very small and musty smelling, possibly due to the ongoing construction in the facility. The comforter was stained and the water pressure was low. It was not enjoyable at all to shower in ice cold water. My advice, pay a bit extra and go to a hotel in Manhattan. It would be well worth the extra money spent. If you are set on staying in Brooklyn, stay at the Marriott nearby or even the Holiday Inn a couple of blocks away. At least you'll get a clean, decent room in a safe location without the uppity attitude and construction noise at this place.

Clean, new, nice rooms. Strange lobby.

by TripAdvisor Member ts60611

I stayed at this hotel in Nov. 07 and thought the rooms were very nice. Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, upscale and trendy everything. It was also VERY easy to park there - not a small feat in NY. There were some strange aspects to the place though -- I didn't get a clean washcloth on my second day, and the breakfast situation was ridiculous. They had no space at all in the lobby to sit down and eat. In general, the lobby is non-existent. Don't plan on sitting there and working or waiting for someone. They only had two chairs when I was there. I chalk most of this up to opening jitters though and hopefully they have fixed these things by now. I would stay there again.

Not Ready For Prime Time

by TripAdvisor Member eisiek

This hotel should not have opened yet. The staff has not been properly trained, the restaurant is not open and things don't quite work. One day our room was not made up -- and not well handled by the front desk person. The style is ultra modern, with emphasis on form over function. The hotel is new -- yet the glass panels in the halls and elevators are already cracked and the place looks old. A bare minimal breakfast was set up in a closet off the lobby, with styrofoam plates and no place to sit. At those prices that was hardly acceptable. The rooms are a bit cramped, the closet is minute and the drawers tiny. We had a lovely view of the Statue of Liberty... and a U-Haul parking lot. If you stay here -- be sure to get instructions on how to get hot water in the shower! Don't stay if you are squeamish about an all glass shower and toilet quite close to the bed. Pluses are convenience to the Subway and the restaurants on 5th Ave.

great rooms, inexperienced staff

by TripAdvisor Member jojo2626

The rooms are gorgeous, but the service is lacking. The staff are very nice, but inexperienced. Our room wasn''t made up even though we were gone from 9 am until 4 pm. The ultramodern bath has a tile shower with no curtain, which gets the floor very wet regardless of how careful one is. The beds are unbelievably comfortable. Very nice amenities (whole wheat lotion and flax shampoo). Location is convenient to Park Slope, downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan, its a rare treat to have parking, and the price is great for the level of hotel. .

we sure got the blues

by TripAdvisor Member Miltonhill

We stayed four nights. Had hoped the dining room would be open, but no. We ate breakfast standing in a small store room, spilling cereal out of a tiny polystyrene bowl, using a plastic teaspoon. We could have taken a tray to the room, but there was only one chair, no table and the beds were too high to sit on the edge.It made a depressing start to the day.
4th Avenue was noisy nearly all night, heavy traffic and a taxi parking area next door, and a bit of a mess at the moment. The only good thing about the location of the hotel was its proximity to other places! We asked a staff member how to get to Prospect Park. She said it was too far to walk, but wasn't too sure where it was. It is an easy ten minute stroll!
Niggles with the room include a tiny wardrobe, with a door that would not close, no window to open for a bit of air. There was no minibar. The wash basin was not separate from the sleeping area and the glass clad toilet meant if you used either of these when someone was asleep, you woke them up! We could hear the conversation of the people in the next room.
Finally, time to go and we asked the receptionist to call a taxi to take us to the airport, expecting a yellow cab. How much? 45 dollars he said, pulling a number from his wallet. Some guy turns up in his car, after setting off says he wants 65 dollars. For a 25 minute drive. With a plane to catch we were stuck, but others beware of this.
One positive note, the beds were very comfy, but for what we paid I really feel we did not get value,or much pleasure staying there. We are returning to Brooklyn, but staying elsewhere.

Pure Comfort

by TripAdvisor Member Elyse1316

My stay was much better than expected! I assumed all rooms in NY were tiny and overpriced. We arrived after the longest day of driving ever, so i would have settled for a squeaky bed and dingy carpet as long as i could sleep. I didn't know what to expect as the reviews weren't great and you can never really tell how a hotel is from pictures.

The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful and i was in my room within a few minutes of arrival. The room was huge by city standards. The bed was perfectly firm yet comforting with a feather bed on top. The linens were very high quality as well as the bath amenities from Davies Gate. The side lamps were some of my favorites, the Flos Miss K by Phillipe Starck. I could have stayed in the shower for an hour with the over head rain fixture as well as detachable shower head keeping my legs warm.

The two strikes against the property is that, one, the restaurant is still under construction, but they make up for it with a free continental breakfast and a host of delivery menus in the room.
And two, the in-room Bose sound system can be heard through the walls. I'm a very heavy sleeper, so it wasn't a problem for me, but if someone in the next room really went crazy with the volume, i might get annoyed.

For only staying in the room for less than 12 hours, it was very enjoyable and i would definitely stay here again.

Comments