3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Le Jolie

Hotel Le Jolie....Comfy!!

by TripAdvisor Member atwtfan

We stayed at the Hotel Le Jolie and absolutely fell in love with it. The rooms are small, but very luxurious. Staff was very nice and helpful. Very convenient to subway!! Good eating places close. We would definitely recommend it to any one.

Nice rooms, horrible neighborhood & bring earplugs!

by TripAdvisor Member mohargis

I stayed for one night at the Hotel Le Jolie, and have to say, I will never stay there again. Let's go to the positive first. I'm very picky about rooms, but while the rooms were small, they were tastefully decorated, very modern, an incredibly comfortable bed and a nice flat screen TV. The staff were all incredibly friendly.

Now the negative (brace yoursefl). I have no idea what hotel some of the comments below are referring too.

1) I had serious doubts my car would be there in the morning, as only pimps & prositutes were on the streets and there was no more space in the very small lot. In fact, I took a cab into the city because I was too scared to walk to my car. Keep in mind that I am 30, a boxer, and used to live in an 'up and coming' area in Boston.

2) My room was on I was on the first floor, and all night I heard the 'friendly' neighbors stumble in drunk, and the nice security guard had to forcefully expell them. I guess that also explains the underlying smell of vomit in the lobby.

3) The continental breakfast was a joke. The muffins were all stale - at least a couple of days old. I chucked mine and went to a starbucks instead. The apple was lovely though.

4) My room was LOUD. Between the drunk homeless people, people returning to their rooms, and random police cruisers speeding by I got a grand total of 4 hours sleep.

Don't walk, RUN, to another hotel. While this one was very, very convenient to the city, next time I'll stay in a safer neighborhood or pay the extra $100 bucks to get a good nights rest in one of the more settled areas in Brooklyn. P.S. My car made it - although the one behind it had its window smashed out. Go figure.

Great base to 'do' New York

by TripAdvisor Member ncruk

Recently spent a week at this hotel. This was our third trip to New York and having previously sampled the delights and prices(!!) of Manhatton we wanted something 'out of town' for a base. Neighbourhood in vicinity of hotel rather run down but once through the hotel door found ourselves in a clean, neat and modern hotel. Staff polite, efficient and very helpful. Breakfast basic but more than adequate. Room was fine for two of us, bed very comfortable and facilities good. Daily room service excellent. Perhaps tea/coffee makings in the room for early cuppa would be a bonus. Ideally situated for trips into town (subway nearby)with great variety of local restaurants/bars/cafes providing meals for all tastes etc. at very reasonable prices within a convenient ,safe, walking distance. Noted 'good' and some 'not so good reviews' prior to booking but we definately side on the 'good'. Certainly value for money. We will return if we find ourselves Brooklyn way again. Thanks to all for an enjoyable stay.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member silver_kitten63

My husband and I stayed three nights here while on our honeymoon. The hotel was pretty easy to find, and almost looks a little out of place in the surrounding Brooklyn neighborhood. Our room was small, but everything in it was very nice. The king bed was very comfortable, there is a closet and plenty of drawers for your luggage, and our room had a mini fridge. We had a nice view of Manhattan. The bathroom doesn't have a counter for your toiletries, but we managed. Wireless internet was decently fast. We never made it down for breakfast, but the eating area looked very clean. The hotel staff was friendly and gave us directions on how to ride the subway to Manhattan. The nearest subway stop is only a few blocks away and the neighborhood seemed pretty safe. The hotel parking lot is very small but remains well lit at night. Overall we were very happy with our stay here.

Good for the price and location

by TripAdvisor Member rakitty

We stayed here from May 24th, 2008 to May 31st, 2008. We liked the hotel. It is the relative size for rooms in the NY area. We had a corner room on the 5th floor with a city view. We had no problem with our bathroom size and location in the room. I used to be a Mid-Town native so this was great for the price. The hotel staff was very friendly and informative.
The Williamsburg neighborhood was safe and very close to everything. The bakery nearby has awesome bread. The butcher shop has all of your supplies for the mini-fridge. We were rolling back into our room after long days at about 3am. The couple block walk to the L train is not bad at all and very safe. The smell from the bakery is wonderful at that time in the morning. The fat pigeons waiting for the samples from guys loading the bread trucks under the overpass is fun to watch as your ending your day.
The beds are very comfortable and the plasma tv is a great touch. The hotel is clean, the staff are great, and the quick breakfast in the morning is just what you need for when you are on the go. The only drawbacks to the place is that there are no vending machines at the property for sodas and snacks. Well, at least when we were there. Visitors should also be aware that there is not a lobby bathroom. If you gotta go...get to your room. If you need a later checkout you may have an issue also. It is a little tough to get one. I assume this is due to the smaller size of the hotel. They seem to be rather booked, so it does make the late checkouts difficult. The staff will do everyting they can to help you out. They are willing to send a car to the airport if you need it. They are great with directions, and seem to do well with strange requests.
The maid service is very trustworthy. We had several expensive items, jewelry, and amounts of cash stashed places. Nothing was moved, or out of place at all. We will probably return to this hotel on our next trip back. It is a great place to stay for the price. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is very relaxing and quiet. For NY that is tough to get at times. If you want hip, swank, and the oooh it was so nice we have to impress our friends factor; then pay the outrageous prices in the city. If you want local flavor and comfort this is the place to go!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tippy0412

We booked this hotel for a concert at the MacCarren Park Pool and it exceeded our expectations. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and the tv was huge - overall a great stay. It was a short (5-10 min) and safe walk to the concert. Good neighborhood, easy to find with mapquest directions. Reasonably priced for New York. Only problem might be with parking - they have a small lot so get there early! We would definately stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Perfect Accomodations in an Icky, Yet Safe Neighborhood

by TripAdvisor Member 1FromTheSticks

I really enjoyed my stay. A friend and I were in town for a concert at McCarren Park Pool which was conveniently a few quick blocks from the hotel. The hotel had free parking. I was a little nervous about bringing my car to Brooklyn, but it was 100% fine and didn't cost me a dime. The free continental breakfast was also much appreciated. The accomodations were clean, new, and classy. Even the provided toiletries smelled awesome. The staff were very courteous except the cleaning people were banging a lot of doors. Even our door banged when we closed it, so maybe cushioning on the door jams (weatherstripping might work) would be good. Lastly, I requested a room away from the highway and preferably not on the first floor since there were only 2 of us and we're both female so I felt safer on a higher floor. I was able to get both of those things and am incredibly appreciative of that. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others including the few people I know in NYC that need places for their guests to stay. This is a great, safe place which would be ideal for hipsters, children, single people, couples, older people, etc. The neighborhood looks a little dirty, but it was safe and my friend and I felt comfortable walking to and from the hotel during the day and at night.

I do not work for this company or know anyone that works there, I just had an awesome stay and was all around impressed.

Comfortable in Brooklyn

by TripAdvisor Member ZWheeler

The hotel was offering a great introductory rate, so we made reservations. We had some early morning activities planned in Brooklyn and the location of the hotel couldn't have been more convenient. Everyone on staff was eager to please and very friendly. The rooms were large by New York standards, and very clean. The beds and linens were comfortable and we didn't have any problems with noise from the city or the freeway. The neighborhood was fine, we felt safe at all hours. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting friends in Brooklyn.

Wonderful, clean, quiet, close to Manh. and extremely helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member Premo73

I stayed in Le Jolie for 4 nights at the end of my 3-week stay in the US. This was the most expensive hotel during the whole trip (I stayed in much less expensive ones in SF, LA, San Diego and LV) and at the same time it offered the smallest room. But I'm not complaining as I noticed that NY hotels are generally small and expensive. However the hospitality was fantastic and everyone was willing to help all the time. The room was spotlessly clean and had many amentities that I even wasn't expecting but got free with the room. The location is great when going to Manhattan (2nd subway stop coming from Manhattan) and the surrounding area is normal and feels safe. 3 minute walk to the subway station.
The only thing that put me off a bit is the BQE highway next to the hotel - however my room was completely quiet even though it was the cheapest room offered and so I had no complaints there.
Will definately stay there again next time I visit

Lovely Brooklyn Williamsburg Spot!

by TripAdvisor Member Prefer-Room-Service

This Brooklyn Williamsburg property is in a perfect location, is new and clean with moderate sized rooms and great rates for the NYC area. For those previous reviewers doubting the area, they must not quite understand where they really were (see: “General Info” below.)

Although not luxurious, this small boutique hotel has a contemporary feel with Pottery-Barn-Style Decor, very comfortable bed - double sheeted comforter and lots-o-pillows, small closet, desk/low dresser combo with six drawers, bedside tables with small refrigerator and more drawers, Hair Dryer, Iron w/Ironing board, a/c, huge flat screen TV with several HBO and specialty channels, bath tub/shower, complementary toiletries, big white fluffy towels.

In comparison with the price for a similar Manhattan hotel, the rate is extremely low. I expected a teeny, tiny room...and, although small, there is still plenty of room to get around.

Do request a higher floor with a view of Manhattan. Although you are still looking at Brooklyn buildings, you do get a nice view of the city skyline, especially at night, and the rooms are quieter than those facing the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Express.)

Complementary continental breakfast is ok for a cup of coffee or tea and a piece of fruit.

GENERAL INFO:
You are within walking distance of several wonderful little restaurants (and yes, the neighborhood is very safe – our son lives there – you are next to the Hassidic Jewish part of Williamsburg.) Directly behind the hotel is “Bamonte’s” (wonderful old style Italian – do make a reservation); “DuMont” (the best range-fed hamburgers and lovely pasta); “Sweetwater” (oh-my-goodness onion rings and pork tenderloin – cash or AMEX only.)

It is an $18/car service ride to Times Square, the East Village or the Waterfront on the Lower East Side. If you are flying into New York, it is only a half hour ride (in heavy traffic) to the hotel from La Guardia Airport.

[NOTE: When getting a cab to “go to Brooklyn” from Manhattan, always let the driver know you are only going to Williamsburg. They are far more likely to take you knowing it’s not way out into the other sections of Brooklyn.]

As other travelers have written, you are very close to the subway that will take you directly into Manhattan. Take time to go to the NYC Subway website and see how easy, cheap and quick the subway is. Get the Pass to save on time and money. I am so the taxi-girl, but even I found the subway a no-big-deal quick and easy way around town.

Odd Tidbit: The reason the pizza dough is so yummy in Brooklyn is the water. The water is truly excellent (and I am very, very picky.) Drink away.

Comments