Imhotep New York Bed & Breakfast

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Brooklyn

Enjoying my JWEnjoying my JW

Bistec encebollado with saladBistec encebollado with salad

Another tasty view of my ice creamAnother tasty view of my ice cream

They don't build 'em like this anymore.They don't build 'em like this anymore.

manhattan to flatbush avenue

by MissThing606

hi,

can anyone tell which buses would run to flatbush avenue on a saturday morning? the Subway is an option but I'd like to see the streets etc.

I'll be staying in min midtown East, Manhattan.

btw, does anyone know how much manhattan to brooklyn costs in a cab?

RE: manhattan to flatbush avenue

by penpoison

I would say the B41 runs the length of flatbush ave but it is slow going down since flatbush ave runs the length of brooklyn all the way to marine park. the cost of a cab would vary depending on location but i pay for $20 and i live close to the city. the subway runs all hours of the day and would be a cheaper alternative to the cab.

Travel Tips for Brooklyn

Neighborhoods--Brighton Beach

by PA2AKgirl

I've decided to list a few of the neighborhoods of which I am the most familiar, mostly because when I lived in Bklyn, I lived near these places.

Brighton is an interesting place...it was once mostly a Jewish neighborhood, with Yiddish being the primary language. Not uncommon in some parts of Brooklyn...
However, in the late 1970s, Brighton Beach was declining with an increase in crime and empty store fronts. After that time, a sort of revitalization took place and today, Brighton is largely a Russian neighborhood. I have gone to a bar there and walked around during the daytime, but they (the BB community alliance website) claim to have excellent Russian clubs and I know there are great restaurants. They are also known for their performers...

Like I said, I have not been in Brighton at night, but I do know there are some people who advise against it, as they do Coney Island after dark.

perfect beach picnic

by zismnder

if you're on brighton beach in the summer, don't bother eating at any of those overpriced restaurants on the boardwalk; instead, buy some food at any of the russian stores like Odessa, National and my personal favorite, Brighton Bazaar on Brighton 11th street (be sure to get the "shashlick" and "salat olivye") and make yourself a nice picnic on the beach; it's way cheaper than any of those restaurants and you actually get to see the food before you buy it.

Avoid Cafe Kashkar (brighton 14th street) at all costs: it was the worst meal of my life, dogs wouldn't have eaten that food. Don't know why the NY Times gave it a good review.

Catch a show or do some dancing

by cjg1 about Explorer's (Caribbean Princess)

The Explorer's Lounge is one of the larger lounges aboard the Caribbean Princess . The space has numerous chairs, sofas, a bar area and a stage/dance floor area. The decor of the lounge is done up in blues and gold with Egyptian and Indian themed artwork and acents. There are seats at the bar or you can have a seat at many of the tables,chairs and couches. Waitress/waiter service is provided if you are not seated at the bar. The full wine, champagne and cocktail menu is available here.

During the day there are various seminars, lectures and even art auctions here in the lounge. We enjoyed a watch seminar and the Champagne Art Auction.

We spent signifiant amounts of time here at night enjoying the nightly band and dancing as well as some fantastic comedy shows. We often grabbed a table for four (just in case my Mom and Hal decided to join us). The band was excellent and they played some smotth jazz as well as some more modern tunes. The commedian Darrell (forgot his last name) was a laugh riot. We had seen him on a previous cruise and he was just as funy as we remembered. We had some fun times here being entertained and enjoying their Signature Margaritas. During the day smart casual is fine fot attending lectures, seminars and auctions.

In the evening is is best to be dressed semi-formal to formal to enjoy the night entertainment.

Polish restaurant in Greenpoint

by barryg23

My Polish friend, Lukasz, spent a lot of time in Brooklyn and whenever I travelled out here with him we’d go to a Polish restaurant in Green point (called Cristina’s if I remember correctly). There were a lot of Polish people living in this area so it’s no surprise to find a few Polish restaurants here. I’d never been to Poland or had hadPolish food before but I quickly grew to like it. I also had my first Polish beer in Cristina’s and I’ve been enjoying them ever since!

The soul of Mexico in Brooklyn- with a roof deck!

by jglsongs about Alma

Alma means soul in Spanish, and it's pretty clear that there's soul in this restaurant. The food is probably one of, if not THE best Mexican restaurants in NYC, let alone Brooklyn. The roof deck is the perfect place to see sunset over the NY harbor with the skyline and the Statue of Liberty in the distance. Everything, but if there was one dish to pick, it's probably the pork-stuffed chile rellenos with olives and raisins. The Mole Poblano is great too, and the different flavored margaritas will get you hooked.

Comments