Kings Hotel

Kings Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Brooklyn

Enjoying a glass of wine with my wifeEnjoying a glass of wine with my wife

Shrimp & ChipsShrimp & Chips

Entrance from the BroadwalkEntrance from the Broadwalk

Washington St. at waterfront.Washington St. at waterfront.

Taxi and/or car service info needed

by carleneh

Have a collapsible wheelchair and luggage for cruise. Need cheap, reliable transportation for the two of us to motel at 980 Wyckoff and then to cruise dock in Red Hook a few days later.

RE: Taxi and/or car service info needed

by cafonabob

Call any taxi service and ask them to send a van and tell them what you need. There are a lot of them in that neighborhood (Bushwich/Ridgewood). Figure $50 as a regular black cab would charge $25 for the same trip.

I am not sure what you are thinking about the motel. In this neighborhood the motels are not for tourists at all.

RE: Taxi and/or car service info needed

by LatinG

Prisila car service 718 366 88 00
They are very reliable and unexpensive. Its also very close to the motel.

Travel Tips for Brooklyn

Brooklyn Museum

by seagoingJLW

The Brooklyn Museum, which is near the Botanic Garde, has a very extensive Egyptian collection. the museum is the second largest art museum in NYC and one of the largest in the United States. The museum is located on Eastern Parkway, one block from Grand Army Plaza. It is in a complex that also contains Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and the Wildlife Center (zoo.)

The official address is 200 Eastern Parkway. for information phone:
718-638-5000

More sport activities than you can imagine!

by Nathalie_B

And... yes, the Prospect Park again. This place has a lot to offer and I keep giving you some tips about it. Since my house was located just 5 minutes walk from there I used to rollerblade there, my friends were biking or running, other people enjoyed fishing, horseback riding, and even playing football, tennis, or volleyball. On winters ice skating is available. Every one can find a sport activity for him/herself there. You have to remember one thing: children under the age of 14 must ware helmets. And a little suggestion from me, if you rollerblade wear elbow and knee guards, going down the hill can be very rough and sometimes hurt!!!!

It was a "Freakish Side-show"

by Gypsystravels about Cha-Cha's

While visiting friends in Brighton Beach we decided to stop in Coney Island before heading home. We were in the mood for a drink so we decided to stop here. WHAT A FREAKY PLACE!!

The bar is located on the boardwalk with a few scattered tables outside and a full bar inside. The interior is decorated in all things amusment park "tacky". There are so many pictures of stars and such on one wall with an ATM machine and a Pacman video game. As you walk past the bar to the back are tables, a "stage" with dancer (stripper) poles. The place was very divey, and there were all sorts of "characters" that kept us quite amused and a bit apprehensive during our short stay.

I definitely don't think I would have ever ventured inside if I were alone, just seemed creepy to me.

They have a "Freakish Burlesque Side-Show" after 10:00 pm, and I can only imagine the individuals that would frequent during this time.

I don't think we'd come back, just not our type of bar. As we were getting ready to leave, a fight was breaking out, gave use more incentive to split!! We asked for cups and took our drinks with us. Ferni ordered a Heinekin, I had a Blue Moon

Thai Wonderland

by twohandgrab about SEA

Don't miss SEA in Williamsburg. The ambiance is sweet and the food is affordable. Floating orchids, DJ booth, best bathrooms ever! Standards are good, specials are fun. Thom Yum Goong is a standard soup, but sometimes they have a special where they add some rockin' lobster...yummy. Pad Thai, and other standards are quite good, fish is fresh and portions are favorable. My price per person reflects family style sharing with app's, soup, entree, and one drink.

Tasty Pub Lunch

by cjg1 about The Crown Grill (Caribbean Princess)

The Crown Grill is a steakhouse aboard the Caribbean Princess. Normally the restaurant is considered a "specialty restaurant" and charges a $20 per person fee for dining. During our cruise the Crown Grill offered Pub Lunches during sea days (days not in a port) at no additional charge.

The Crown Grill is quite elegant with marble and dark wood accents as well as fireplaces. The dining area has a nice number of booths with ocean views and well as tables to accomodate any size party. We has the pleasure of dining her three times during our voyage for Pub Lunch. Our first lunch here was with my wife, My Mother and her fiancee. Our second and thrid visist included our new friends Roger & Helen from Long island.

The Pub Lunch menu featured typical English Pub grub such as Cottage Pie ( a form of Shepard's pie), Fish & Chips, Bread Pudding, Fried Shrimp, Banger & Mash, Ploughman's Lunch and Curry Chicken. They also had Guiness, Stella Artois and Boddington's to accompany the meal.

The food here was excellent and we did manage to try every item on the menu over the course of three days. The food was well cooked, tasty and presented nicely. The service here was very good and attentive. My favorite dishes were the Fish & Chips and Curry Chicken. The other choices were quite nice but these were my favorites. I also enjoyed that they had Guiness and Boddington's to drink. Even my wife enjoyed a glass of Stella with her meal which is not typical for her.

Comments