980 Wyckoff Ave, Brooklyn, New York, 11237, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Red Carpet Inn

Good place to stay in Plattsburgh

by 807Wheaton about Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

We thought this Econo Lodge was about average. We spent one night here and paid a Sixty Plus Rate of $55.10. The actual part of the hotel where the rooms are located is in a separate place in the back. There is no access to the lobby from the rooms. Econo Lodge is not part of the Choice privileges program so we were given no airline points. There is a fridge and a micro wave in the room but strangely, no coffee maker. There is a good selection of TV Channels and the lighting in the room was very good.
The room was good size and things were clean but the bed was not good.
The deluxe continental breakfast was served in a separate room in the lodging part of this place. It was right next to the pool area. Breakfast was a choice of two dry cereals, juice, bagels, toast and some pastry. The coffee was very good. No fresh fruit was offered.
The pool here is great. There is no hot tub.
Check-in and Check-out staff was very friendly. I would have to say there are not really any outstanding characteristics about this Econo Lodge except it is clean and in a safe area for a very reasonable price. It's right off Interstate 87 and is a good place to be for getting to the ferry that goes to Vermont.
This hotel was listed as #4 out of 12 hotels in Plattsburgh on www.tripadvisor.com and is a good place to stop for a night on a road trip.

Lake Placid

by Leipzig

Actually, Lake Placid is a small village in Essex County. It became popular as host of the Olympic Games in 1932 and 1980. Today the village just consists of numerous hotels, hostels and B & Bs. There is not much to discover in the village itself but the surrounding Adirondack State Park, the largest state park in the US, invites winter sport fans each year.

ALBANY

by moiraistyx

New York State is loaded with history and for historical buildings you'll find loads of them in Albany. The Empire Plaza alone has ten buildings of significance. There are also dozens of churches that carry historical and architectural significance. Albany has every type of entertainment you could want including museums, sports, concerts, fairs etc. There are also top notch restaurants located through out the city and upscale as well as lower end hotels. I loved visiting this city again after being gone for so long. I lived in the area until I was 11. The city is very walkable but also has a great bus system and is drivable. I've been here for lobby day when my agency was lobbying for funding for the Neighborhood Preservation Companies. Albany is busiest during the week but is also nice on the weekends.

Banff National Park (Canadian Rockies)

by Toughluck

The Canadian Rockies are a spectacular range of mountains. While there may be others as spectacular, few have the access and the luxury of these. There are a series of Canadian Parks that provide easy access, convenient services and wonderful scenery. In the north is Jasper National Park. Immediately to it's south is Banff National Park. While I've not spent time in Jasper, it's on my list for further ventures. The Columbia Ice Fields (on the border with Banff is a unique opportunity to venture on to a living, moving glacier. The Trans-Canadian Viarail stops in the town of Jasper. It is said (and the pictures are gorgeous) that the rail journey through the mountains is a once in a lifetime experience. Banff, being further south and closer to Calgary is easier to reach. The townsite of Banff has many hotels and there are several hanging on the side of the mountains. Here the Bow River rushes over rapids and into a narrow canyon running towards the Great Plains.

Packing List

by Luthorkeeper

Carry on bags are a good idea in this day and age . You can buy ANYTHING you need here . Again you can buy ANYHTING you need here . If you can't buy all new clothes , be aware , we have SEVERE variances in weather here , Again , do your homework ( no shorts in Michigan in February ) . Any and all styles of clothing and shoes are fair game here . We midwesterners can spot a euorpean from a mile away . Many medical supplies are available by prescription only , so bring what you need , or be prepared to go to Mexico or Canada .If you have a specific medical issue , you should call ahead . All hotels and motels are fully stocked with a bewildering supply of toiletries . We never neglect our asses here . Most all showers are first rate . We do like to bathe . Often . Again you can buy ANYTHING you want . The whole country is wired for 110 volt service . So bring converters if you need them . Power is extremly reliable . Outages are rare . Know where you are going . The entire country is full of great campsites , we cherish our woodlands ( most of us ) . Most campsites have adequate supplies of gear and foodstuffs nearby. money and a sense of humor

My pepsiMy pepsi

My two sisters, my two cousins, my brother, meMy two sisters, my two cousins, my brother, me

The Promenade viewing NorthThe Promenade viewing North

EXAMING THE ROCKEXAMING THE ROCK

is it safe in Clinton Hill area?

by magdalenawaw

Hello,
I am another person trying to rent an apartment in Brooklynfor a New Year visit to NY. I found an offer of a flat on the Urbanliving website, the place is located in Brooklyn / Clinton Hill, Washington Avenue/Clinton Avenue/Fulton Street.
Any bad or good things you could tell me about it before I make any contributions? All help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Magda

by footstool

it's definitely undergoing gentrification. It's alot safer, today, than it was 5 years ago. And 5 years from now, it will be safer still. Have ALL the poor people and criminal types been priced out of Clinton Hill yet, as in Park Slope or Brooklyn Heights? No, it is still "dodgy," as they say in England. For how long are you staying over New Year?

by magdalenawaw

Hi! Thanks for the hints :-) I understand that we won't be risking our lives everytime we walk out of the flat, however being slightly cautious won't hurt, right?
We are three women, so we would really like to be sure that the neighbourhood is rather safe... We'll be spending 10 days in NY.
BTW, I checked the hostel you display on your pages, but they are full. If you know any other places you could recommend, I'd be more than grateful... Thanks a lot!

by footstool

No, you will not be risking your life every day! They say that NYC is the safest big city in the US. I have lived here All my life, and I do feel safer here than I did in the 1970s and 1980s. Naturally, in any big city, you must always realize who is standing near you, avoid darkly-lit areas, do not sit alone in a subway car, briskly walk past beggars, etc. Go to world-famous Junior's Restaurant, the bright yellow place on the NW corner of Flatbush Ave and DeKalb Ave. You MUST have their cheesecake (don't have the deep-fried cheesecake, tho). Please see my homepage for more tips.

by penpoison

for a new year's visit, fork up the money and stay in manhattan if that is where you are planning. it is very difficult to get a cab and public transportation stinks during new year's eve and you want to be as close to the festivities as possible.

by penpoison

check this website:

www.affinia.com

they have suite hotels at good prices. i would suggest that you stay close during new year's eve and day. stay somewhere else for the other days.

Accomodation in New York July 18 -31st

by testhero

Hi I am Visiting a friend New York for two weeks arriving on 18 July and need a recomendation of where to stay preferably in Manhatten or Queens .but anywhere close to a subway station will suit me.

I am staying for 14 nites and have a budget of 700Euro -US$850aprox .

Would realy apreciate any recomendations of Apartments or hotels

Thanks Vaughan

weekend trip websites

by nicolaitan

now that our weekend in S. Florida has been blown away I wondered if anyone knew any websites that specialized in last minute weekenders within driving distance of the New York City metropolitan area. Hotels, B&B's, whatever. Not camping. Thanx.

RE: weekend trip websites

by kymbanm

This may or may not help you ..... but it's the best I can do :)
I haven't used them yet - but got the link from another VTer. Good luck!

Comments