The One Hundred

100 Fort Greene Place, Brooklyn, New York, 11217, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Brooklyn

Enjoying some wine and good companyEnjoying some wine and good company

I'll have a Guiness of Course!I'll have a Guiness of Course!

Colorful tank and fishColorful tank and fish

Pic taken in 2006!Pic taken in 2006!

kings highway brooklyn, ny pizza

by nyny15

Looking to take a trip back after 20 years. Here is what I'd like to go back too. Thanks in advance..

I really hope someone from Brooklyn, NY can help me. Try not to make this too long. 20 years ago I live in Brooklyn, NY but worked in Manhattan.
Hope I can remember all of this correctly. I remember that the last train I took was the D train from Manhattan to Brooklyn. I got off at the Kings Highway stop. When I would cross over the street after getting off the subway to catch a bus to go about another mile home, I would always grab a slice of pizza. This place was basically right there were I crossed the street. If I remember correctly, it was just on the other side of the road from the steps I came down from the subway.
If it helps, I also remember a Wendy's around there to , but this seems to come to mind as being like upstairs nearer to the subway train area?
Now, it may just be a young kid remembering the best slice of pizza ever because he was hungry, or just young..lol, but it was always great. I would just love to know the name of this place and if it is still there..?
Also, what part of Brooklyn is this area called or known as?
I lived off this pizza! Want to tell others about it if it's still there?
Drazy thing about this being such good pizza is that this area seemed to be a Jewish area? Or at least where I lived was?
Maybe it was further than I thought, as far as the bus ride home, once I got off the train, grabbed my pizza, then caught the bus.
At the corner where the bus left me off, down the road was where I lived. There was a grocery store on one corner and a Jewish House of worship on the other corner.
I would also love to remember the name of this road, and cannot.
I wish I could remember what direction I went on bus...
It was cool, I was young and rented a basement apartment for cheap in a cool brownstone from a Jewish family who sort of took me in..what times those were.
I must have gone either south or west on the highway on the bus.
Anyway, sorry this was so long and thanks for your time.
Great memories.

RE: kings highway brooklyn, ny pizza

by sonia44

I took a trip back to canarsie brooklyn ny , brooklyn does have the best pizza i left there 26 yrs ago . i visit every once in a while . in brooklyn i took many buses and trains. it was great. i have great memories of brooklyn . when i moved to long island i just didnt fit in and still dont, i feel brooklyn well always be with me . well i could go on and on but i wont it will be to long. i thank you about writing about my favorite place .did you go to school in brooklyn?

RE: kings highway brooklyn, ny pizza

by LizHirsch

If you got off the D train at Kings Highway you were at the corner of Kings Highway and McDonald Avenue. I lived a block away on Dahill Road.

Re: kings highway brooklyn, ny pizza

by MrMonkey

The only reason I can't help is because after 9/11 the D train changed its route. Now the Kings Highway stop on the D IS on McDonald but perhaps before it was on East 16th. I live in Coney Island so I cant really tell you off the top of my head if that exact pizza shop is still there, BUT I can tell you that if you go elsewhere for pizza you won't be dissapointed. My top picks for pizza is Delmars on Sheapshead Bay Road (Q train goes straight there). I myself however am biased to this because thats what I lived off of for a few years.

Travel Tips for Brooklyn

NOT confuse the Brooklyn...

by quan_zou

NOT confuse the Brooklyn Botanic Garden with the New York Botanical Garden, the BBG occupies 52 green acres right next to Prospect Park. In addition to over 12,000 different kinds of plants in its outdoor and indoor collections, the garden is renowned for its C.V. Starr Bonsai Museum, the oldest and largest collection of the dwarf potted trees in the country. The Garden for the Blind is filled with dozens of brilliantly scented and textured plants; for those with more plebeian tastes, there's a great assortment of ice cream treats in the open-air snack bar.

The BBG offers a wide assortment of classes related to gardening, including a certificate in horticulture, gardening and landscaping workshops, health, herbs and cooking classes, crafts, trips, family programs, art classes and more.

Horseriding

by Nathalie_B

This sport activity takes place in the Prospect Park as well, but there is more you have to know about it. You may rent a horse everyday from 10:00 am until sunset, lessons are available for $45 per hour ($25 for children)
Horses are provided by the Kensington Stables located just accros the road from the park. Well, it is kind of difficult to find the place 'cause it's situated on a side street one block from the Coney Island park Circle.
Make your reservations in advance

Europe shab

by chodearm about DOC Wine Bar

Yeah, I know its dark, but this is the lighting in true form. The hushed atmosphere is one of DOC's best features beyond the amazing Italian Wine selection and Italian tapas selection. The darkness was broken table by table by a single candle flicker exposing the dark weathered woodwork that hovered around us. Leaning towards the center of the table to help send my whisper to Yuki's ear my hand will involuntarily grab the stem of the wine glass and chase my mouth back to my sitting up straight position. The bottles contents need great attention paid to pay respects to the years of knowledge in every sip. The neighborhoody feel gains its strength with the freindliness of owners and staff. My favorite Wine Bar, by a steep margin.

Different Brooklyn

by Nathalie_B about Tatiana

This Russian cafe-restaurant located in Brighton Beach is very popular. Situated right on the Broadwalk it has great views on the ocean.
You have several options at Tatiana, it has shows at night times, lunch and dinner, and the cafe outside. There is no special dressing code for sitting in the outside area, but if you are coming for a dinner and show be a little bit more creative about what you wear.

Hand Made Delicious Ice Cream

by Gypsystravels about Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory

Located at the foot of Fulton Landing, next door to the River Café is the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. The ice cream is hand made and is quite delicious, velvety and very creamy. They have a limited selection of flavors like your favorites which include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry just to name a few. I’m quite predicable when it comes to ice creams, so I had my fave flavored ice cream (chocolate) on a waffle cone and Ferni had the vanilla regular sugar cone, they were both so YUM!!

Comments