Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 23% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Beware of this Hotel!!

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Was booked to stay there in November 2010 however immediately checked out after seeing the state of the room. Dirty and run down! Have since encountered two unauthorized charges on my credit card. First one approximately a week after we received a refund they recharged a room to my credit card. Second charge appeared on my card about 6 months after we were supposed to stay there. Still attempting to get the full refund of the 2nd unauthorized charge and an explanation of how this happened not once but twice. 2nd time they refunded less than the amount they charged my card.....After numerous calls and message left with both the accounting department and manager I have still not received a full refund of this unauthorized charge. They don't even have the decency to return phone calls... Frustrating and not to mention all the long distance charges I have incurred trying to get this resolved.

Amazing that this hotel is still in business after all the terrible reviews on every travel site.

• Absolutely dismal. So disappointing

the lobby and Sports bar is fine and conference accommodations are fine, but once you get off the main area and into e rooms, it is terrible. Hallways are rather dark and dirty. the chair in the rooms looks 30 years old and never been cleaned. the ice/vending area is terrible. This is an old hotel that has seen better days. I would not stay here again. The wi- fi availability disappeared every time I entered my room and was weak in the hall. availability is based on finding the closest room with a node and apparently my room was too far away with it. Very upsetting as I had much work to get done. Most of the staff has been helpful except for the front desk not answer g when I called twice. Wish I had read these reviews first.

• Time to remodel

I stayed at the Adams Mark Hotel for three days in late September. I was glad to find out that they have smoking rooms available, however the smoking floor is rather dismal. As soon as I exited the elevator I could smell the smoke. It's kind of dark and dreary. The room service was very good except that they did not remove dirty dishes from the previous night's room service. They provide a little coffee machine but don't give you any sugar or cream. The staff in the restaurant are excellent, I must say. The waitress brought us bottled water to take to the office and disposable coffee cups to take coffee with us. She was fabulous. The gift shop was closed on a weekday at 4:30 pm and when I called them, their message box was full. They opened back up a little while later. It seemed strange that they were closed for a short time and then open again. Maybe the sole employee in the gift shop needed to take a break. The guys at the main desk were pretty friendly. I would stay here again because the location is convenient, but they need to remodel the rooms soon.

More about Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo

Misleading!

by TripAdvisor Member Melanie135

We stayed at the Adam's Mark, thinking it was great (fountains and lobby are very nice). My husband told me that it was the nicest in Buffalo, he had his prom there 20 years ago! I was so disappointed with the room! It is out dated, decorations are old, etc. Not to mention the beds: my husband is 250 lbs and the hotel only had double beds in the rooms (that is what we were told by front desk), when we required a queen or king size bed. I can't believe there are hotel that are misleading customers by their outside decoration and when you open the door, being so disappointing! We went there for a football game weekend, the other team players were staying there too, these tall guys must have felt so uncomfortable in these beds! The dining room staff was very nice even if the food was not the best but we were hungry... We would go back, but not pay more than 80$ for a night, more than that would be way too much. What is nice is that you are at a walking distance from the boardwalk along the Erie. But...seriously, who wants to spend time in Buffalo, if not for a Bills game?

Adam's Mark Has Gone Downhill!

by TripAdvisor Member dmfrescatore

I’ve stayed at the Adams’ Mark several times over the past few years and my most recent visit marks my final visit. After paying $160 for one night, a nearly 100% mark-up over previous years, I felt out right cheated.

The rooms are not being cared for. The wallpaper is peeling away. The shower curtain had mold on it and to add insult to injury, I was charged $3 for a large coffee in the morning. At $160 a night, I expect breakfast courtesy of the hotel let alone an expensive cup of Maxwell House.

To make matters even worse, the Miami Dolphins are no longer staying at the Adam’s Mark meaning I had to go to the Hyatt to meet the team!

If the rate was $80, I might feel differently but for $160, I was flat out cheated! Management needs to take better care of this hotel and the customer as well.

Gust customer service

During a recent stay at the Adam's Mark in Buffalo, NY, I was very happy to see genuine customer service displayed by the staff. I have stayed in hotels that were in better shape physically, but I would be hard pressed to remember a hotel that exemplified a " can do" attitude from the staff better than this hotel. In every area of the place, I was warmly greeted, regardless of the area or time of day. A few concerns I had were addressed immediately and corrected.The hotel itself could use some updating, but the service more than made up for this. The Adam's Mark will definitely be my destination on my future travels to Buffalo.

Nothing Special

by TripAdvisor Member PrincessArlene

Nothing special here. Rooms very dated, circa 1985, carpet quite worn, hallways dreary. Bathrooms well stocked with lots of towels.

Close proximity to HSBC Center, best point of this hotel.

Can't really blame the hotel for ignorant guests who run, yell and slam doors at ++1 a.m. which was an ON-GOING occurence most of the night we stayed.

Wouldn't stay here again, for $109 there are other hotels just as average, for probably much less price.

Everything good, rooms so so....

by TripAdvisor Member bethany329

I recently attended a convention in Buffalo and stayed at the Adams Mark Hotel. The entrance is beautiful, the lobby great! The Bell Staff were one of the most helpful staff I have seen, friendly polite and eager to help us in a flash! The night lobby staff left little to be desired. The hotel accidentally booked me two rooms (I was travelling alone) and upon arrival, stated well its after 11pm so you will be charged..WHAT.. I didnt even book a 2nd room, the next day, the front desk supervisor took care of it and apologized for the rude behavior of the night staff. The dining room VERY VERY VERY slow. Coffee took 25 minutes and came without spoons, milk or sugar.. Bar great (small) but friendly and fast. The rooms need a MAJOR overhaul.. Carpets very dirty, furniture scratched old and very aged. Bathroom was nice however the toilet seat was literally marred, chipped and very gross. My friends room had fresh urine in it upon checking in and her heat did not work, the heating vent was completely out of the wall, sheet rock chipping all over.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. If they would spend some money and refurbish the rooms, it would greatly increase the value for dollar at this hotel. The best part of the stay was the more than helpful bell staff. 5 stars to them!

Hospitality at it Best!

WOW! I booked my weekend rooms at the Adam's Mark Buffalo. I have never been to Buffalo before but will definately return. From the shuttle at the airport to check out, the hotel displayed nothing less than exemplary service and attitude. Hospitality! As a retired hotelier, it is nice to see a hotel that remembers the basics. Not only is the Adam's Mark a great hotel to stay at, the staff were good ambassadors of the city. From the front desk to the restaurant, everyone had great ideas of things for me and my family to do in the area. I will definately return to Buffalo and definately stay at the Adam's Mark.

Not Very good

I have stayed here twice in the last few weeks and there were a few problems... gave me a handicapped room and I didn't ask for one, no water pressure, bathrooms are small, slow internet, top floors are noisy if the wind is blowing and a employee of the lounge was rude. Would not stay again.

Better than I hoped for

by TripAdvisor Member cabowabo77

I was surprized how excellent this place was, yet I was not expecting a whole lot. The rooms were basic and the food was average, but the staff were great, especially in the sports bar and the place had a little of everything.

Just an all out good place for the money.

Comments