Four Points Buffalo Airport

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Four Points Buffalo Airport

terrible hotel

by TripAdvisor Member habsfan93

I know why they call it the Millenium, it'll be another millenium before we stay there again.

Please let me emphasize that my wife and I are not overly picky or difficult to please
but I can't believe some websites consider this a 3-4 star hotel.

The room are a good size but smell like smoke, the room was very shabby and run down, carpet was threadbare.

The indoor pool smelled foul and if you have an interior room, expect lots and lots of noise day and night.

Sweaty,hot, musty, miserable hotel. What a waste of money

by TripAdvisor Member uniquenames

What an awful experience. We booked Millennium for their park and fly package. We got to the hotel and it was so hot. When I walk into a hotel room, I usually am greeted by a blast of cold air, and crisp cool sheets. Instead what I got was a heavy warm muggy room with a musty, moldy smell and a dripping air conditioner. We called the front desk who sent up a repair man, but after waiting another 20 minutes, it was still the same temp! I called down to the front desk and requested another room. They said they would promptly send up another card. We waiting another 20 minutes before having to go down ourselves to the front desk. (Keeping in mind that we had to be up at 4 a.m. for a flight, and it was already 9 p.m.) The people at the front desk told us that there was nothing wrong, and that it was just us. HOwever, we confirmed that the building had been hit by lightening. The clerk actually said "well it's been 90 degrees today, of course it's warm." Yes, why would I expect air conditioning in a hotel when it's summer time? Jeez, how stupid am I? Anyways, we got to our next room, which was still hot and I slept with the sheets off. We were above their indoor pool area which was hosting some kind of party/wedding and the music was just blaring. Between the noise and the sweating, I think I was lucky to get three hours sleep. What a miserable way to start a vacation. It actually hurts to think I gave them 130 dollars for that experience. I will never, NEVER do that again.

an awful place

by TripAdvisor Member noramary

My husband and I stayed two nights in this hotel over Labor Day weekend. It was not a pleasant experience. We were booked in a non-smoking room on the first floor. The hallways stunk of smoke; we both have allergies and could barely breath in the hall when we had to use it, which, unfortunately was alot since we got locked out of our room on three different occasions, most of the time in the pouring rain.

The room itself was dirty and extremely dated. The carpeting and chair had very visible stains. The shower was very small. There was very poor lighting and no exhaust fan in the washroom.

Overall, I considered it a waste of $300.00. I will never stay in a Millennium-related property again. The management of this hotel should take immediate action. We never dreamed an airport hotel would be as bad as this was.

DON'T STAY HERE !!!

by TripAdvisor Member raidcan

We originally stayed at this hotel in Nov 2004, when it was a Four Points Sheraton, primarily for it's proximity to Buffalo Airport, the free airport shuttle, and the 14 day free parking. We again stayed in Jan 2006, now as the Millenium, again for and early morning flight, with another night booked after a late arrival back in Buffalo.
We found the rooms to be seedy, scruffy, with threadbare carpet, badly in need of renovation, painting and wallpapering. The bathroom had cracked tiles, stained, ceiling tiles, dirty grout and leaking taps. The rooms facing the pool area on the first floor had regular glass, resulting in everyone walking past the window being able to stare directly into the room.
As a result of an overcharge in Waldens restaurant on our first night, we were assured by the front desk, at 5:00 am checkout that it would be adjusted on our return stay ten days later.
Needless to say, on our return, no-one knew anything about this, nor were they interested in finding out.
As a result of a written complaint, the restaurent overcharge was corrected, and we were offered a certificate good for a complimentary night's stay.
We must have had a brain cramp, because against our better judgement, we used this offer in Dec 2006, as we were in the Buffalo area. The hotel has deteriorated further, the rooms are dirtier, with more faults becoming apparent. There is a musty smoky smell, in the hallways, despite the fact that all rooms in that area are non-smoking, probably resulting from housekeeping staff smoking in the hallways.
Again we were overcharged in Waldens, this time at breakfast, on noticing it at checkout, we drew it to the attention of the front desk staff, who basically said it had nothing to do with them, they couldn't have cared less.
The hotel corridors are noisy at night, probably resulting from the fact that they cater to a large number of overnighting airline crews, who come and go at all hours.

Fine for the price

by TripAdvisor Member cdw1982

Stayed at this hotel on Sunday, February 4. Was travelling West on I-90 and needed a hotel, because highway was closed south of Buffalo, do to heavy snow and high winds. I was able to have my brother get me a room on Priceline for $29 + tax! The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient at check-in and check-out. When I first entered the room everything looked very nice. The carpet appeared to be new, as did the bedding and furnishing. The bathroom was another story. While the bathroom did appear to be clean, I couldn't believe how outdated it looked. This bathroom looked like it was from 1970. An old toilet with a water guzzling tank, small gray floor tiles, lavendar wall tiles, and a cracked and chipped vanity top. After the money they had put into the rest of the room, it seemed strange that hadn't done anything with the bathroom! The heater in the room was a little weak, but that could have been because of the cold outside. I did order room service and had an excellant roast beef sandwich at a very reasonable price. The next morning I ate breakfast in the restaurant and the meal was fine. Overall, except for the bathroom being a bit outdated, my stay was very good, especially for $29!

Comments