4758 State Highway 28, Cooperstown, New York, 13326, United States
Expedia.com IHG Orbitz.com

More about Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown

Nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member MttK2

Spur of the moment trip to Cooperstown and stayed here... We all were pleasantly surprised especially after reading some reviews. Both rooms seemed brand new, furniture, bathroom, etc. Had requested adjouning rooms because we traveled with friends, had no problem getting them. Kids had a ball running from room to room and in the pool and hot tub. Pool area was small but that didn't bother them at all. Continental breakfast was ok too... and the Room was really nice where they served breakfast. Nice TV on the mantel to watch the Yankess!!!! We walked the whole hotel and it all looked new or very recently renovated. So we would definately stay there again.

Can't go wrong with this choice

by TripAdvisor Member ohiodude

I have stayed at several hotels within an hour drive of Cooperstown, and this one is easily the best and most convenient. It is a short drive from the Baseball Hall of Fame (5-15 minutes, if I remember right). The rooms are very nicely decorated and the place still looks new. It is right next to a plaza with several food choices...hard to find in the Cooperstown area. The free breakfast was good...not as good as Hampton Inn breakfasts, but good enough for free. I will stay here again next time I am in the area.

Husband's 30th Birthday Trip

I took my husband to the Baseball Hall of Fame for his 30th birthday and was quite pleased with our stay. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the Hall of Fame but is a nice drive. The room was huge and nicer than many 4 stars that we had stayed in. The staff were plesant and the breakfast was a great start to the morning. The tv has tons of channels and there is a great work out room. I would not recommend the steak house restaurant that is near by. The food and prices are crap and definitely not worth it. Overall a great experience!

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member SSOceanlover

We stayed one night in a 2 queen suite. Great price, place was immaculate. Every person on staff was very pleasant and couteous. Continental breakfast, and pool were a big plus. Very convenient to the baseball Hall of Fame. Highly recommend.

Great Hotel at a good price for the area

by TripAdvisor Member ewcstats

Face it - Cooperstown is a tourist spot, and hotels are high!
We stayed at this HI Express shortly after it opened and we were more than impressed.
There was a little league team staying there, whose parents decided to party (very drunkly) outside our room at night. One call to the front desk and it was taken care of right away.
Breakfast was great and the staff was superb. We had driven up from Florida, and they let us put our freezer packs in their freezer so we could use them on the trip home.
A little bit of a drive out of main street, but not unreasonable for city dwellers like ourselves.
Go to the Hall of Fame early in the morning, and you can easily find street parking on the side streets for no charge!

Okay

by TripAdvisor Member EcstaticAboutTravel

I stayed in this hotel in June 2005, and overall, it was decent. The best attribute of this hotel is the continental breakfast and the spacious eating area. A lot of families stayed here because of its proximity to the National Baseball Hall of Fame (approximately 10 minutes south). I never went in the pool, yet it was indoor and seemed decent. The lobby was very clean, and I felt like it was an average to good stay, for the most part. Sadly, there is not much offered at all in the Cooperstown area, and there are really not all that many places to eat or stay.

Having a room on the very bottom floor (called the below ground floor) was a disappointment because the floor was wet. It made my mother very uncomfortable, and we had to walk around with our shoes on. If you stay in this hotel, request that you get a room on the ground floor (1st floor) or highest floor (2nd). Also I feel it's important to mention there are adjoining doors to the next room, so if you travel with another family, hopefully you can get a room next to your fellow traveler.

Cooperstown countryside Oasis at the H.I. Express

by TripAdvisor Member GenesisFan

I am writing this review from the Holiday Inn Express room we stayed on May 1 2006, on the free high speed internet! This hotel is A+ and all that I hoped for. It reminds me of a room we have stayed in at the Doubletree chain, minus of course the chocolate chip cookie! A 5 min drive from the National Baseball Hall of Fame, this Holiday Inn Express is an oasis in the beautiful Cooperstown area countryside. I almost wished I had booked 2 nights here, but we were glad to have it as a stop over point on our way to Niagara Falls.

Hotel is classy, with a nice common area where they serve breakfast in the a.m. with a flat screen large tv with big leather chairs and dining tables. Nice view of the countryside from here.

Small refrig where you can keep your soda, water, or adult beverages, in room mircrowave as well. This is a travelers dream. Very nice bathroom and nicely appointed room with very friendly staff make this an excellent stay! A nice dinner recommendation was the 'Pepper Mill' which was a 4 minute drive north on Rt. 28

Price was about 100.00 which is a bit on the pricey side - because of the lack of real nice accomodations like this hotel in the area, Cooperstown is a wonderful place to visit and I suspect the rate goes higher in the summer when the crowds come here. This didn't damper my review though, I still feel it's a quality hotel with a lot of nice features. Oh yes, need some auto parts? Look right across the street there is a NAPA there, and a quarter mile from McDonalds and Pizza Hut, a steak house and food market.

Holiday Inn Express-Great Family Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Somersmom

We just came back from three nights in Cooperstown. The Holiday Inn Express is great for families -- we had the Kids' Suite. It was almost like a small two-bedroom apartment: living room with sleeper couch, kitchen with microwave, full-size refrigerator and coffeemaker, a kids' bedroom with bunk bed, beanbag chairs, TV/DVD/Playstation, and another bedroom with a king-size bed. Lots of room for us and our two boys. Very short drive to the village of Cooperstown.

Room rate includes continental breakfast -- cereals, muffins, fruit, hardboiled eggs, that kind of thing.

My only complaints -- really minor, however: the kitchen should come with some basics -- eg, a few bowls, cups, plates and cutlery -- the way Marriott's Residence Inns do. And the A/C wasn't working all that well in the living room. When we complained, it was fixed while we were out, but it seemed to go on the blink again this morning (but we were checking out anyhow).

Also, there's an indoor pool and hot tub (the sign outside calls it a spa, but I think that it's just a hot tub). The kids enjoyed the pool, the hot tub was fine, and everything seemed very clean.

Overall, very highly recommended.

Horrible Staff

We begged for towels, breakfast, TV in lobby, and any semblence of a friendly attitude by the staff. We stayed there two years running and now we're just running away! The facility is beautiful and it's in real contrast to the horrible staff attitude and poor service. We actually ate breakfast at the McDonalds next door because of the demanding attitude and very limited food selection at the continental breakfast.

We had to go to the Best Western (just past the McDonalds) to watch baseball playoffs past 9pm. The staff shut down the lobby at that time. We complained to their national chain. The staff should be in their own "Hall of Fame"

better than average

by TripAdvisor Member vbreeding

we stayed at the holiday inn express in coopertown for two nights in may
2006.we found this hotel to be very clean,modern and fairly close to attractions.
the only complaint would be that the beds were not as comfortable as we would have liked.also the pillows were a bit thin. we had to request more pillows from the desk clerk,which were brought promptly.the bathroom was lovely with wonderful toiletries that i wish i could find back at home.heating and cooling system were very efficient. we did have a slight problem with the bathroom fan which ran all night and we could not shut off.
we had no complaints with the staff at all.breakfast was better than expected with cereal, yogurt ,fresh fruit,english muffins,danish and boiled eggs offered.the room's fridge and microwave oven were very convenient.
the pool was small and allegedy heated. we found the water to be very cold when we were there.all in all for the price we paid we felt that we got a good value. we would definitely stay at the holiday inn express in cooperstown again.

Front entrance (just off Main Street)Front entrance (just off Main Street)

Nice local Belgian style golden aleNice local Belgian style golden ale

Grandson with photo of Hank Aaron's 715th homerunGrandson with photo of Hank Aaron's 715th homerun

JumpingMICHAEL, Vter MLW20, Cooperstown, NYJumpingMICHAEL, Vter MLW20, Cooperstown, NY

Comments