16 Chestnut Street, Cooperstown, New York, 13326, United States

More about The Inn at Cooperstown

The Inn at Cooperstown was very romantic

by TripAdvisor Member Pediatricnurse

I wanted to celebrate my husband's birthday by staying at a B & B--he chose Cooperstown,NY. it took me quite a long time to decide.There are many Inns and hotels and B & B's in that area. I went to the Chamber of Commerce and they helped. The Inn at Cooperstown was wonderful.
I looked at their website and was impressed. I also called the Inn directly. The owner was extremely helpful. He helped me arrange a wonderful time for both of us. My husband loves baseball and his special birthday gift was waiting--wrapped especially for him--in our room. I appreciated this extra treatment.
The Inn was so cozy and romantic. There was a fireplace in every public room. It was so nice in the evening curling up on a comfy sofa with a fire burning brightly.
The Inn has a very nice breakfast.It is served in a lovely manner.
This was a nice time of year. There were no crowds and the prices for the rooms were affordable. It did rain but who cared--we were close to town--and in the evening we had a lovely place to go.This was a very memorable birthday for both of us.

Baseball Mania

by TripAdvisor Member nanjing

Excellent Inn, great location, really terrific breakfast, walking distance to Baseball Hall of Fame and fine restaurants, can walk to Farmers Museum and Fennimore Mu of Art ( a gem), though it is maybe a mile walk, but very pleasant. Owners are there and really care. We will go back as often as we can. Cooperstown is a lovely town, and there is a lot to do there.

Nearby Ommegang Brewery has the best Belgian beer in the US, and Fly Creek CIder mill has great apples, cider, and other stuff in a very nice location (near a good cafe).

Great weekend in Cooperstown

by TripAdvisor Member JoeFazz

We had a delightful fall weekend at the Inn. The accommodations were charming - we were in the 2nd floor suite (with the only TV in a room), and it was very comfortable. The common rooms in the Inn are pleasant, with antiques and nice decorations throughout. Breakfast was included with our room, and the choices were very nice - fresh muffins, fruit, frittata, and choice of hot or cold cereals. The breakfast was family style, so be prepared to sit at a table with another couple. There's lots to do in Cooperstown in addition to the Baseball Hall of Fame, including a wonderful Fenimore Art Museum and the Farm Museum. Just a warning about the Farm Museum - some parts are closed off season.

beautiful guesthouse in great location

by TripAdvisor Member tomcor

The Inn is a beautiful guest house of 17 rooms. The rooms are very nicely appointed. Large enough for a queen bed, side tables and a couple of chairs. Bathrooms only have showers. No televisions or phones in the room but a very nice parlor downstairs where guests gather in the evenings for TV watching or just gabbing. Breakfast is included in the room rate but is mainly just muffins, juice and coffee. The Inn has three floors and no elevators so if this is a problem you need to ask for the main floor. Walking distance to the Hall of Fame. Great location for shopping and restaurants.

A wonderful step back in time

by TripAdvisor Member lilyofthevalley57

Cooperstown is a quaint village that is a wonderful step back in time and the Inn at Cooperstown is a perfect accommodation from which to enjoy the idyllic surroundings. The rooms are charming with many special touches, the decor historically accurate, the service personal and friendly, and the breakfast ample and delicious. All that, and the price is reasonable as well. We enjoyed a special weekend that served as a short escape from the stresses of the holidays and left with very fond memories of our stay at the Inn at Cooperstown. We couldn't have hoped for more.

We look forward to coming here each January - a treasure

by TripAdvisor Member NYDelmarTravelers

My husband and I met up with our friends for our annual getaway in January. We found the perfect spot in the Inn at Cooperstown. This is the 3rd year we met up there.

The Inn has been beautifully redecorated and includes a new wide screen TV in the main living area. We brought a DVD and had fun movie night together. The breakfast has expanded to include hot quiches and the like, which was especially nice on a winter morning. The rooms have a much richer, cozier feel - and they were nice before! The new colors on the walls and in the bedding, curtains and furniture add a new but classic dimension to the Inn. I got some great decorating ideas for home.

I left the group for a couple hours just to enjoy a nap in the luxurious bed and peaceful setting ( a great contrast to our busy family life. )

What hasn't changed is the impeccable attention to detail and warm hospitality of the owners , Marc and Sherrie Kingsley ,and their great staff. They always make us feel right at home.

We ate out at a couple different places in the area. For a small town, there's a nice variety and high quality. We walked around Cooperstown this year and discovered the interesting historic architecture in the surrounding neighborhoods. What a gem of a town!

I'm sure this would be a great place in the summer, especially with the Baseball Hall of Fame activities and the Opera, but we plan to be back here next winter!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member marckennedy

What a beautiful hotel!
The rooms are tastefully done and Donna at the desk is extremely helpful and friendly.
We had a chance to meet the owner and expressed our appreciation in person.
Great place for a romantic weekend during the winter!

A perfect getaway

by TripAdvisor Member HannonArtWorks

With our experience in many bed & breakfasts, I can confidently say this was the finest one we had ever visited. Exceptionally clean, well decorated, modern and friendly, the Inn at Cooperstown was the perfect choice for our family. My 10 year old son was thrilled to play board games and loved his bed, stocked high with pillows and the softest sheets he ever felt. Each night he said he was so comfy and didn't want to leave. We didn't need a car since everything is a short walk away. The breakfast was complete and delicious, with a great fresh fruit salad that included mango and raspberries! Marc and Donna made themselves available throughout our stay without being overbearing and the rate was appropriate for the quality of the Inn. The room we had was on the third floor, and being a historic inn, there were no elevators, so if that would be an issue, make sure to ask for the second floor or the handicap accessible room on the first. We also noticed that the noise picked up about 7am outside, with cars and trucks passing by, so a room on the backside of the Inn may have proved quieter.

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member MetsFans

The Inn is my favorite place to stay. My husband is a huge baseball fan, so coming to Cooperstown is an annual pilrimage for us. Staying at the Inn is my favorite part.
The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean and the outdoor porch is the best part! I love sitting on the rocking chairs w/ friends enjoying a drink and watching the cars and people go by.
The new breakfast they have is delicious and very healthy.
We didn't stay in the newly redecorated rooms but the "old" rooms are just fine. Looking forward to coming back next year!!

Comments