174 Angola Road, Cornwall, New York, 12518, United States

More about Cromwell Manor Inn

Great Experience at Cromwell Manor Inn

by TripAdvisor Member RJH47

My wife and I had never stayed at a B&B before, and wanted to stay a little north of the Highland Falls NY area, where we both went to college 36 years ago. We had just finished a 11 day cruise with a six star rated cruise line, which did live up to it's six star rating. That was followed by two days in Manhattan at a five star , highly acclaimed hotel .The personal service and attention that we received from Richard and Jack at the Cromwell Manor Inn , and the comfort of the accomodations, was no different than the rest of our trip. Beautiful surrondings, warm and comfortable room, excellent food, and wonderful service by two upbeat innkeepers. How can we not want to go back?

Customer Service Is Not Dead!

by TripAdvisor Member locada

The folks at Cromwell Manor--owner Jack and manager Rich--are living proof that customer service is not dead. Suffice it to say that the beautiful historic inn is well-appointed and impeccably clean, but that does not even begin to tell the story. To wit:
Homemade chocolate chip cookies await you upon your arrival; when my mother mentioned that she is allergic to chocolate, butterscotch cookies shared the plate the next day--and were delivered to our room.
Need to know how to get anywhere? They'll give you directions, and the insider's guide to the short cuts and best routes.
Places to eat? Every recommendation was fabulous.
The food at the inn? Delicious. And special requests are accommodated. (When are you going to serve dinner?)
Other guests? Delightful and friendly.
Shower? Great water pressure, class A shampoo and conditioner, and ROBES!
Treats. Bottled water, pretzels, crackers, granola bars--FREE!
And, last but not least, there's Polly, the 1,000-pound pig on the farm next door. Breakfast scraps are put in Polly's personalized bucket and the lucky get to feed her.
Cromwell Manor is simply one of the best lodging experiences I've ever had, seconded by my mother, who, as a world traveler (all seven continents) knows.
If you want a memorable time, don't think twice.

Cromwell Manor is everything a B & B should be....

by TripAdvisor Member M & C been there

This is a wonderful place to stay. Our son and daughter-In-law have made Cromwell Manor an annual event (they spent their wedding night there) and have now had the entire family join them.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and well laid out. There are complimentary water and snacks in the room (and available 24 hours) and robes in the bathroom closet.
The breakfast room (porch) is nice and the breakfast wonderful. The best part, of course, is the innkeepers, Rich and Jack, who could not have been more accommodating. They are sincerely friendly and helpful in every way. We look forward to coming back.

A New Year's Eve to remember

by TripAdvisor Member Scotty_LJ

After carefully selecting the Cromwell Manor Inn as a great getaway from Manhattan on NYE, my fiancee and I decided that it would be a great location to have a simple wedding on New Year's Eve.

We had set no date but decided to opt for the uncomplicated option whilst we we holidaying. We contacted Jack giving him only five days notice. He emailed us with all the legal requirements and was able to suggest a celebrant who attended and performed the cermony without fuss. Just prior to the occasion Jack presented my fiancee with a beautiful white rose bouquet.

Cromwell is an excellent B&B staffed by Jack who displays great flair and creativity in the kitchen when preparing the filling breakfasts. Manager Richard's enthusiasm is difficult to beat anywhere and between the two of then you will be given all the information, tips, maps, local knowledge. Rest assured their day has not ended until they have booked you into one of the great dining options in the area.

Together they are a very professional team who seem to just bounce off each other displaying an endless energy towards the guests. This makes Cromwell Manor Inn such an unforgettable experience.

All the little trimmings like cookies, chocolates, bottled water, toiletries and tea and coffee just to mention some.

The condition of the inn is remarkable for a property of it's age, it is clean and well maintained and very clean. Hot water is plentiful with good water presure.

If you are looking for a quiet getaway for a few days or just an overnight stay I doubt you'll beat the charm of the Cromwell Manor Inn.

Excellent B&B Experience

by TripAdvisor Member jdsdfm

We decided to spend our New Year's Weekend away from the city and we could not have made a better choice for a getaway than the Cromwell Manor Inn. In addition to the comfy bed and the delicious breakfast, we were met with an exceptional level of hospitality. Jack, the owner, and Rich, the innkeeper, not only made us feel comfortable at the Inn but were eager to suggest places to go, things to do, etc. They were quite attentive to the wants and needs of the guests and they made for a really special experience.

We will certainly be back and we would strongly recommend it for a weekend away.

Don & Joanne Madeo

Best B&B ever!

by TripAdvisor Member sabra2307

We really enjoyed our stay at Cromwell Manor. The room was really huge, clean with a huge bathroom (with a jacuzzi inside!). The service was great, we had a delicious hot breakfast prepared every morning especially for us. The innkeeper was really nice and advised us very well on restaurant for nights and things to see in the area (he lent us a picnic basket full of useful things!)

It was really relaxing especially with the in-room couple massage
Trust me, you won't regret it!!!

When in doubt. . .pick Cromwell Manor!!

by TripAdvisor Member eastcoastkate

When faced with the daunting task of where to stay in the Hudson Valley, the decision process became confusing. I did not know what to
expect from any of the places researched, and since it was my boyfriends birthday, I was picky, and wanted to make sure I chose right. Well, I went with my gut instinct in picking Cromwell Manor. SO glad I did! Elegant and relaxing at the same time. Betty, the innkeeper (a real sweetheart) Merle innkeeper as well (makes awesome breakfasts with your dietary concerns in mind) and Jack (really knows
how to run a business) made our stay a special time. One thing they have which is rare for BandB's is seperate tables at breakfast -to retain the private moments you are sharing with your significact other. Fireflies in the summer evenings combined with the tranquil sounds of the running water fountain, the whispering of the back fields, and the simplicity of the country farm/store down the road, enhances the magic.

Also, they are very organized. We had a problem with directions to a restaurant and certain winery and Jack quickly gave us a paper with an excellant map on how to get there. Most everything is close-by - but if it happens to be more than 10 minutes away, it is actually in your benefit, since the Hudson Valley is so full of history and natural beauty- it makes driving short and sweet. We went hiking up in Mohonk about 30 minutes away, and within no time we were at Cromwell Manor. Since it was my boyfriends B-day I was in extra picky
mode on where to stay. .so trust me, you will NOT regret it. There is a beautiful aura surrounding this place, through its architecture,
history, and the genuiness of the people who own/run it.

Romantic escape at historic inn on lovely grounds

by TripAdvisor Member TravelGirl528

My boyfriend and I made a last minute decision to stay overnight after a day at Storm King (great) and dinner on the Newburgh waterfront (Cena2000, recommend). We called the Cromwell Manor Inn and the owner told us he had one room left. We told him we'd be there in 15 minutes or so. Even with such short notice, everything was ready for us when we arrived. After watching the sun set over the back of the lovely and spacious property, we spent a relaxing evening in the back courtyard, drinking wine and playing one of the games available.

We stayed in the cottage, which was nice and quiet. Our room was spacious and the clawfoot tub was an added bonus. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were high quality.

The next morning, it was hard to get up, but the breakfast made it worthwhile. I hope you're lucky enough to be there for their special french toast!

Jack, the owner, and Bette and Merle, the innkeepers, are all very social and knowledgable about the activities in the area. They definitely want their guests to enjoy their stay and do whatever they can to accomplish that. Their enthusiam is contagious.

I'm looking forward to our next visit to Cromwell Manor. Especially feeding Polly!

Jewel!

by TripAdvisor Member BostonScw

First time staying at an Inn, it was excellent! Personable, attentive, and friendly staff (unlike staying at a hotel). Friendly, private, and cozy atmosphere.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Environment allows for nothing but relaxation and communication. I highly recommend this inn for anyone looking for a romantice or relaxing getaway.

Great Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member specialant

This place is a gem in the Hudson valley and the innkeepers just add to the charm. We stayed two nights (was supposed to be three but we had to leave early due to a family emergency) and everything (especially breakfast!) was fantastic. The innkeeprs were very accomodating to our rigid schedules and were more than willing to help us out with breakfast timing - this was not expected but greatly impressive and appreciated. The surroundings are lovely and relaxing. No negatives at all - great food nearby also.

Comments