31 North Main Street, East Hampton, New York, 11937, United States

More about East Hampton

getting darkergetting darker

looking landward from the pierlooking landward from the pier

lighthouselighthouse

harborharbor

Travel Tips for East Hampton

Ruggers

by iaint

Autumn and spring, Montauk Rugby take to Herrick Field (its the baseball park right in the centre of town). For those unfamiliar with local conditions, the season breaks at the end of November as the winter is too severe for rugby!
I played in the autumn of 1978. Great way to get to know local people. For playing, all the usual stuff (including beer money). To watch, sunscreen in September; warm clothes in November!

unique?

by iaint

"the saga"

I lived here from July 1978 until February 1979. I visited frequently before that.

I worked in Riverhead - the end point of the LIE (Long Island Expressway) and the place where the island splits into the North Fork and the South Fork.

Most people only see the East End in the summer season, when it is swarming with city people, especially at the weekends. Autumn there was wonderful. So was winter.

For me it has bitter sweet memories - some real highs and some real low points as well.

"the good bits"

I loved the town itself, once the summer crowds has gone. The surrounding places too - Amagansett, Sag Harbor etc. Plus you have the woods, the potato fields and the beaches!

I played rugby there for Montauk (they play in East Hampton, not Montauk) in the New York metropolitan division 2. Friendly bunch, and we had some good times after the games! Trips to the city, and Connecticut once as well.

"the rest"

Of course the Hamptons have the reputation as the summer playground for the rich. All the towns have their own character, but the same theme runs through it. East Hampton sees itself as the classiest, and most "establishment".

I'll need to find some photos (in the attic, maybe!) Try these websites -

www.easthampton.com
www.easthamptonvillage.org
www.easthamptonstar.com

A Few Years of My Life

by WillAntoniou

"Relax"

Now, I have to be honest, I never enjoyed living in the Hamptons. Thankfully I only lived there for a short time, but nonetheless, it is a nice vacation place.

"How to get there"

If you live in NYC, the quickest way to get there is the Hampton Jitney. If you live in Connecticut, you can take a ferry from New London to Orient point, and then a few small ferries to the south fork of Long Island.

"Beaches, Surfing etc"

In the summer, the Hamptons are very crowded. Everyone goes to the beautiful beaches and they do surfing and boogie boarding and stuff.

My first, but not Last...

by GoodGirl16

"East Hampton, NY"

You might have heard of The Hamptons--but maybe not. It's where i was born and have lived since about last year. New York City is my home as well but during the summer and weekends since i was BORN i've spent in East Hampton. Its a little town on the beach with a big rep. When people ask me what its like to live in both NYC and The Hamptons i tell them, honestly, its not all that exciting...but i probably would have a different view if i was born and raised somewhere else...like lets say...Kansas?!?
I must admit though...im very lucky to have both the beach and city at my disposel. But now, because of complicated family issues (my father and i dont get along very well) im lucky to call Malibu, California my home for the past year now. Most children my age lived in the same house in the same town in the same sate their whole lives...i pray to God to thank Him/Her/It that i have 3 places to call my home and go to whenever i want. But im hoping my luck doesnt stop there and many other wonderful places will become as close to me as the places i remember most.

Comments