Edelweiss Lodge

27 Jefferson Street, P.O. Box 593, Ellicottville, New York, 14731, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• JSTRAITIFF's Profile Photo

Not much for the $$$$

We stayed in the main lodge not one of the cabins. The room was on the larger side and clean enough. The room was really cold and the door opens to the porch which cools it off even more in Feb. The room was furnished pretty much like a days inn or similar chain.

Directions: In town.

• Nov 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Let me start by saying I’ve stayed at the Edelweiss on and off for over 20 years and this year was the last. The one and only reason I kept going back is location, it certainly wasn’t because of a friendly, helpful welcoming staff/owner. It is set up like a compound with the main house, which is the newest, in the middle. Over the years we’ve stayed in several different buildings. Every year we put up with the rude treatment from the owner and attitudes from the staff when we asked for extra towels or toilet paper. The way it works for Fall fest weekend is once you book a room you can have it every year as long as during check out you tell them you want it the next year. We arrive in Ellicottville early on Friday and usually leave first thing in the morning on Sunday. This year we loaded the car early Sunday except for some leftovers in the refrigerator and my purse and went for breakfast. Before we left we straightened the room up and put all the dirty towels in the tub and packed up the garbage. My daughter was still in the room getting ready to leave when the owner came to the door and told her she had to leave because check out is at 10 and it was 10:10. He stood in the door tapping his watch until she walked out. Because we weren’t back yet she had to walk 3 blocks with her luggage to her car because you only get 1 parking spot and any other cars have to pay to park wherever you can find space. When we got back from breakfast at 10:50 the owner was standing outside the office scolding us because check out was at 10. We apologized because we didn’t know what time we had to check out because we’ve always left first thing. I wasn’t like someone was waiting to check in. We went up the stairs and our door was wide open and they began to clean but no one was in the room and on the table sat my purse. So the owner/cleaning crew left the door wide open with my purse at easy reach for anyone walking by. When we went to officially check out we said we wanted the room next year and the owner said oh he’ll have to see about that. When I asked him what that meant he said the clerk in charge of that was working on it. On our way home we decided NOT to stay there next year because we’ve had enough of his unprofessional rude treatment. Out of curiosity I called the next day to see if we had the room the next year and the clerk told me we didn’t and the reason was because I talked back to the owner. He also refused a room next year for the other couple we were with. This was the last bad experience I will have with this man. It’s a shame that he doesn’t care how he treats his patrons because he knows that there will always be a waiting list for his hotel for that weekend due only to his prime location and certainly not because of the quality of his business.