200 Tarrytown Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Decent Stay

I needed a stay and this place was close to home so I booked it. The price was decent and it included a gas card for $25 from Shell. The hotel is close to major highways 287 and the Saw Mill Parkway so it is an easy on a off.

The hotel though is undergoing a MAJOR renovation. The lobby is a mess of construction materials and tons of workers. The only thing that looed finished was the actual check in desk. This made us a bit nervous as to the condition of the room. The desk clerk told us topardon the mess downstairs but that the floor we were staying on was recently renovated. Ok, now I could breathe..I was a bit concerned it would be a rat hole.

We has a room on the sixth floor. It seems that most floors have been closed and are currently being renovated below six. I knew this meant the change of my upgrade for being Diamond was slim to none. As we enetered the room I knew I was right. It was two double beds in a regular room. I did call the desk and was told there were no other rooms available; I must have selcted this room but I don't remember why.

The room though was very new and clean. It had a new bathroom with sink and vanity. There were two double beds, dresser, desk, bench, chair and flat screen TV. Liz joked that were had Lucy and Desi beds...but we made the besk of hopping into one together.

Despite our 1950's TV beds we had a comfortable stay and a good sleep (except for our neighbors who were testing the durability of their headboard much to our laughter). I don't think we will ever have a need to stay here since we live in westchester County but if the rate is right and we need a stay we might just be back again.

Comments