162 Saint Josephs Road, Forestburgh, New York, 12777, United States

More about Inn at Lake Joseph

A Wonderful Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member andique

My wife JoAnne and I thoroughly enjoyed our all to brief stay (arriving
monday evening and departing the following wednesday afternoon) at
picturesque Lake Joseph Inn. From the moment of our arrival, when we were
assured by the Innkeeper, Ivan Weinger, that we were now in heaven and were
free to enjoy ourselves practically as we pleased, we had a wonderful time!
The furnishings and acoutrements of our suite (The Redwood) were everything
we had been promised in the online advertising, and more. We explored the
grounds, went boating on the lake and availed ourselves of the convenient
barbecue facilities outside our room to prepare filet mignon and seasoned
vegetables for our evening meal, partaken on the tree shaded deck outside.
As we sipped our wine and watched the sun set over the pristine woods that
started at our back door, we felt that Ivan had been correct in calling this
place, 'heaven'. That night, after frollicking in a whirlpool bath big
enough for two (like a couple of reborn teenagers!) we curled up in front of
the living room fireplace, left the t.v. off, and felt like we were on a
second honeymoon. The only drawback to our stay was that it was over all too
soon. As we pulled away down the winding driveway that led back to
civilization, and looked for the last time at beautiful Lake Joseph Inn, we
promised each other that when we returned to 'heaven' our stay would be much
longer. Thank you, Ivan and Ru, for providing the perfect place for a
wonderful vacation!

Andy & JoAnne Cunningham, Cape Coral, FL

Loved the Inn at Lake Joseph

by TripAdvisor Member jenn4234

We had a wonderful stay. The Inn was a quiet place for my husband and I to relax. The rooms were beautiful, a home away from home. We can not wait to go back during the winter!

Great Time!

by TripAdvisor Member strtofdrms

We stayed at the Inn at Lake Joseph for 4 nights. The stay was wonderful and quiet, the way I wanted it. When researching hotels near the new amphitheater on the site of the original Woodstock festival, I came across their website and booked the stay. We rolled in and were surprised at how nice it was. There is a massive main house and extra suites in the 'carriage house'. We stayed in a suite and were thrilled with the size of the room for the money and the amount of extras that come with the stay. Breakfast every morning was ample and made to order...a classic hungry man's breakfast, and as much as you want. There are also lunch foods in the main house so you don't have to go on your own for lunch. Dinner was not provided, but we ordered in most nights....which was fine, as the room was nicer than most restaurants anyway! The concert was fantastic, although I would avoid the Great Woods Center, as the parking situation is hilariously terrible. The great extras at the inn are the free...I said free...kayaks and paddle boats on the lake, bikes for the trails and grills (for those adept at cooking on vaca!). Overall, a wonderful experience. I am planning to take some time and head back in the winter. Enjoy!

a great stay at the inn

by TripAdvisor Member namasteNamaste

The inn was a very hospital,serene,beautiful stay. the grounds are
beautiful,the lake was great ,i even caught a bass. coming back soon
with
the pets..it felt very spiritual for me

Hmm....

by TripAdvisor Member Senona

I spent 4 days/3 nights at the Inn at Lake Joseph and stayed in the 'Dogwood' room. The room looked exactly like the pictures, however... looking closer the furniture was outworn and the carpet dirty and ugly to look at. I would not be critical with these things, but by paying $300 a night I expected much more. The three buildings are nested in a very nice location, close to the lake (less than 5 minutes walk). It must be a pleasure for dogs, however, lots of deer’s and even the (night) appearance of a bear made my dog go crazy. Lots of activities are possible, I only wanted to sit at the lake and relax, but unfortunately due to lots of gnats and bugs it wasn't possible. The area is very clean and well maintained. Several hammock and sky chairs invite for relaxation and are really comfortable. The people are friendly and it is a family like atmosphere. Would I go back? Yes - but only for 1/2 the cost.

Loved the Inn at Lake Joseph

by TripAdvisor Member ARChina

We had a great time just relaxing and being together. The atmosphere was very nice and the rooms - cozy and pretty. We loved the older style rooms complete with current amenities -- fire place, jacuzzi and steam shower. We also enjoyed the breakfasts and the boats on the lake. It was a perfect place to relax after wedding craziness. I wish we could've stayed longer. We will come again, I'm sure.

PERFECT Weekend at Lake Joseph!

by TripAdvisor Member indigogal2

We absolutely loved everything about the Inn. The main house was beautiful, romantic, and quiet. The grounds and lake were stunning, we loved taking the row boats out...most times we were alone on the massive lake which was nice and relaxing. The breakfast was great, especially that you could
choose whatever you like basically (many B&B's do not give you an option). And the lunch food was much better than expected, especially the hot chili and soup. Oh, and the baked goods were delicious and available at any time of the day!!

A wonderful and warm experience

by TripAdvisor Member bennyfilm

A wonderful experience. It was the first trip me and my girlfriend have taken together and we loved every minute of it! Everything met or exceeded expectations. The Inn had a wonderful warm feeling and everything had a personal touch to it. There was so much to do and next time I think we would choose to spend a little longer so we could relax at Inn more since it was so comfortable. Would highly recommend.

Recommend Lake Joseph

by TripAdvisor Member DrSusanNewJersey

Carefully run, graciously hosted inn offered a rare and attractive
combination of privacy and interesting company in a peaceful setting.

Quiet & Peaceful Setting Near NYC

by TripAdvisor Member Fredkayak

Our stay was very relaxing and we felt very comfortable in all public areas. Use of the computer in the pool room was really apprciated.

Comments