4069 Route 14 South, Geneva, New York, 14456, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle

do i really want to be a member of this team?

I recently went to belhurts to fill out an application. I thought that the idea of being emplyed by such a classy place would be an honor and pleasing to go to everyday. the receptionist was very rude and actually turned away from me after telling me to "go sit down over there". might i add through out this irritating greating she didnt even look at me.

A Huge Disappointment!

We have been to Belhurst Castle many times and this time was the last! The service was terrible. Our friends' room was given to someone else. The front desk and restaurant hostess were rude and snobbish! The food is very expensive and not good. The chicken was bland and the veal tasted like pork, not veal. The supposed free wine spigot never seemed to be working, even after we complained repeatedly and we finally had to strongarm the staff into giving us a free bottle of wine. The service at dinner was atrocious. We spent 4 hours sitting, mostly waiting for the waitress to come serve us. The new part of the castle looks more like a Holiday Inn than a castle at 3 times the price. The hot tub was not hot and it was loud. The supposed free continental breakfast turned out to be a scam..... We will Never Go There Again!!

Our Belhurst Experience

by TripAdvisor Member CosmoC

My wife and I stayed in the Nicholas Suite in the White Springs Manor on Friday, February 18th. Unlike some reviewers who mentioned an unpleasant check in experience, we found the person who checked us in to be very pleasant and helpful. The same was true with the (different) person who helped us check out. The White Springs Manor is a very nice historic building, perched at the top of a hill looking down over Seneca Lake and the surrounding valley. Our room was very spacious and well-appointed. We had a gas fireplace, jacuzzi, minibar, separate sitting room, and a large bathroom with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. I admit that the room was only slightly rough around the edges (spotted carpet, slight odor, drafty windows), but we agreed that the Nicholas Suite was a good value for the money spent. We didn't eat in the restaurant at the Castle, so I can't comment on that. In short, we enjoyed our stay at the White Springs Manor and will likely stay there again.

White Springs

We stayed in the Lewis Suite at Belhurst's White Springs Inn, about 1 1/2 miles from Belhurst. $300/night. White Springs is a beautiful colonial building on a hill, an old mansion. The room is dark wood, 2 gas fireplaces, jacuzzi. The room was not overly clean. The curtains were atrocious, looked like sheets, and with small orange flowers, did not match the mauve room at all. The TV stand was a Sauder piece, the 2 chairs in front of the fireplace were very uncomfortable, and no staff person is present at this site. You have to call over to the Belhurst if you need anything. Definetly not worth $300. Staff at the Belhurst was not very helpful as far as attractions in the area. The breakfast buffet was mediocre, but the waitress was wonderful. I probably would not stay there again.

great get away!

by TripAdvisor Member phillygirl12

Stayed at the Castle for two nights and loved it. We stayed in the Garrett room which was nothing special (small with old looking wallpaper but had character!) The wine spigot and friendly staff made the trip. The grounds are beautiful and right on the lake. We ate at the hotel pub for dinner and thought the food was excellent. I would definitely go back.

Belhurst The Best

My boyfriend & I where in New York visiting my family in November of last year & we wanted some very special place to spend our 4th anniversary & we chose the very beautiful romantic Belhurst Castle to celebrate our anniversary. The sevice was excellent & the food was very outstanding , the portions were very filling , so you didn't leave the table hungry . The atmosphere was very cozy , charming & romantic . We hope to return & celebrate our 5th anniversary.

Not very good....

We spent two nights at the Belhurst recently. We stayed in the Vinifera Inn, on the third floor. My overall impression of the place is that it tries hard to be upscale, but with very limited success. Not that they did not spend money on it, quite the contrary. All the rooms face the lake, King size bed (ours at least), are really spacious, fireplace, jacuzzi, two head shower, two sinks, minibar, etc. But you have to wonder who designed an upscale hotel in the 21 century where you have to close the bathroom door not to hear your neighbour flush the toilet, and with such a dull, Hampton Inn design. Anyways, the main reason for my dissatisfaction was the service. The place is family owned, and it must be family run....otherwise change the manager ASAP. Clueless teenage employees, who try hard to do a job they could not possibly have been trained for were all over and it showed every time. Such a dull presentation for the very cheap breakfast buffet that we cancelled the dinner reservations. But the best one was calling to request to stay until noon instead of 11.00 AM for check out on a Sunday, and be told I can stay as much as I want, provided I pay 20 dollars for every hour after 11.00 AM. Now THAT is what I call to keep the customer happy!!! You don't get that answer not even in Motel 6, and it does not cost 200 dollars a night!!!

Nice stay

Stayed in the Butler's Quarters, which included a small bedroom and a sitting room. It seemed much larger than the very cramped Garret, which was also available at about $20 less.
The room was clean and comfortable, with a decent view and good bath amenities. Only complaints are (1) the bed seemed too small for two, but the sofa in the sitting room has a roll-out bed and (2) lighting is inadequate.
The room had very easy access to the great all-you-can drink wine spigot, although nobody else seemed to be using it - the desk clerks seemed pretty bored and may be on orders not to tell you about it. Otherwise, the service was cheerful enough, if not particularly informative.
The Castle itself is interesting and unique, with great ambience, right on the water. Food in the bar was good and cheap. A free but very limited continental breakfast was offered, as well as an inexpensive buffet.
Definitely recommend.

A Romantic Gem

My husband & I stayed at Belhurst Castle for two nights and we loved it.

The atmosphere was simply delightful -- from the knight at the bottom of the stairs.....to the breathtaking grounds...to our room, which looked like it came out of a classic novel from days gone by. We also dined at the restaurant which featured excellent service and incredible food.

My husband & I both lead very stressful, busy lives and needed to get away from it all. If you are looking for an escape, Belhurst Castle is a true romantic gem.

Expensive

by TripAdvisor Member greentea822

We checked in to our room in the castle to find that it was incredibly small, but very clean and charming. Within minutes however we realized that the water pressure in the shower was awful. To make a long story short, within the hour we were moved over to the Vinifera (a significant upgrade) where a HUGE room with a jacuzzi awaited us. It was a generous upgrade, though I know it was only because we stayed on a Sunday night. I wonder what the outcome may have been if it were a crowded Saturday. Regardless, the room was indeed spacious and nicely appointed, though much less charming or quaint than the castle room. It was decorated like a chain hotel room.
Edgars, the on-site restaurant was incredibly over-priced, and aside from brunch, the menu was not very appealing. StoneCutters, the bistro/bar eatery had delicious sandwiches and burgers - good for lunch. The views from the hotel are spectacular, and the grounds are perfect for walking and lounging while admiring the view.
Overall, I would have been disappointed if we had paid full price for what we got, but having paid $140 for the better room, I was very satisfied.

Comments