Hampton Inn Geneva, Ny

Alazzo1's Profile Photo

Hampton Inn Geneva a Great Place to Stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 27, 2008

I have to post positive on this property. We were in town for a wedding on Friday so we were here Thursday night I wanted to stay the whole weekend but when I tried to book it over six months ago they were full.
Our check in at the Hampton Inn, Geneva, NY was fast and friendly. We entered the lobby at 4pm and were greeted with a smile and a "Welcome to our property."
I handed her my confirmation page and was given two keys to room 314 which fit our HH Silver level profile, high floor away from elevator. We knew in advance that a king bed was not available so two full bed were just fine. The room and bathroom were clean, we had plenty of towels and pillows, four pillows for each bed. . The Internet connection was a cable and it worked fine. The vending and ice machines were just down the hall. The vending room was clean and the ice machine worked properly.
There is a Wegmans just two minutes away so to save money we bought our dinners there.A nice looking Italian restaurant Nonna's just across the tracks within a very short walk. Oh the tracks! Yes the rail line runs right next to the Hampton. We saw and heard three rather long trains go by before we went to bed. Each time they came to the crossing the sounded the rather loud horn. I was a little concerned that we would be awakened at night. If one went by when we were asleep we did not here it.
The full bath was of average size a plus was that it had a night light so we did not have to leave the bathroom light on and "crack the door." The shower head was variable and there was plenty of hot water. Of course there was a coffee maker, an iron and board in the large closet.
The usual USA Today and our bill greeted us in the morning. We went down to breakfast a were impressed by the quality and service. Three types of coffee, four juice choices, a wide variety of cereals, muffins, toast, bagels, breakfast pizza, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt's all aptly taken care of by the very pleasant breakfast attendant.
Overall this Hampton meet our expectations and the Hilton spirit was noticed in the staff. The only lapse in complete customer service was we were only able to get a one hour extended check out because the hotel was full the next day. We had wedding at 3pm on Friday and I asked if we could stay in our room until 2pm. We were told that they could only allow us in the room until 12. I told them ok, we would hang out in the lobby and I was told that would be fine.

Unique Quality: The third floor view of the lake was nice. I had requested a free upgrade when making the reservation and I guess it was the view. The built in desk was a bonus. It had plenty of electrical outlets for my computer, cell phone and camera. It was very nice not having to crawl on the floor looking for outlets

Directions: Exit 42S of off of the Thruway Rote 14 into Geneva on the left.

Nearby Hampton Inn Geneva, Ny

• Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Geneva Travel Forum

Need advice about Geneva, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Geneva and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Geneva hotel reviews

Chanticleer Motor Lodge
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Ramada Inn Geneva Lakefront (41 Lakefront Drive )
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review