20 Hatfield Lane, Goshen, NY, 10924

GryphonGryphon

Travel Tips for Goshen

ANOTHER GREAT LITTLE TOWN

by moiraistyx

I've just begun exploring all the various little town in this part of New York, but as I drove through Goshen yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised at how cute it was and all is has to offer. There are several little eateries, parks, shops and historic sites to check out. I was here to meet up with Rich and the boys for a walk along the Orange Heritage Trail, which was a great success, I highly recommend this activity. I hope to come back and check out some of the sites this cute little town has to offer.

Land -O-Goshen

by equispetoot

"Harriman and Trotters equal Hall of Fame"

Goshen is the county seat in Orange County, New York. This lovely old town has mananged to blend some modern buildings in with the originals without too much distraction. A great road trip destination. Goshen offers Horse shows and trotters at " Historic Tack" so named by Harriman and his wife.
There is also shopping at eclectic little boutiques and antique stores and dinning at Irish pubs and the like.
For more information go to...

Scenes from the Orange Heritage Trail

by moiraistyx

"The Train Depot"

Along the trail you will find the historic train depot. It really isn't much to see, but it's a nice place to stop and rest along the trail.

Rich and I had to satisfy our morbid curiosity when we came across a very old looking cemetray along the trail. When we examined the graves closer we found that it was a small family grave yard. I googles some of the names, but I wasn't able to find out any further information.

This adorable little pasture and farm house were my favorite sites located along the trail.

We also took the time to stop and look at a couple of old train cars that have been abandoned on the old train tracks. At first we were tempted to climb up on the cars, but reason set in and we decided to just take a closer look.

Another beautiful site was this black dirt farm. The fields seemed to go on and on as far as the eye could see.

Comments