The Greenporter

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 242 reviews

Ants, Bugs, Overpriced and Rude

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 26, 2010

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at! My husband and I booked a hotel room for one night, for myself and our two little girls. We booked it for a Thursday night in September and it was still $200. My first mistake was not reading reviews online before going to this awful place.

We arrived only to find out that they scheduled our overnight for the wrong month. They scrambled and were able to give us a room. When we arrived in the room we found ants in the refrigerator. We went to the front desk and told the front desk about the ants ( no big deal right, its happens is what I said to the front desk) She said she would take care of it. We came back from dinner and the ants were gone. We then put our food in the fridge for the overnight. We had bought expensive cheeses from the local cheese shop. When we went to check out the next morning our food had ants on it and so did my daughters clothes in her suitcase.

I complained to the front desk again and they said they would send housekeeping to take care of it. This is as we are checking out. I was furious at this point. We had to throw away food. I wanted pay back for ants being in our $200/night room! That never happened.

They blamed it on us, telling us that we brought food in and that we left food in the garbage cans. We were there for less than 24 hours and we somehow caused an ant problem?????!!!!!!! They said we left dirty diapers in the garbage. Again I reiterate we were there for less than 24 hours! We checked in at 6pm, found ants, complained and then checked out at 10am the next morning and there were more ants!

The management is the WORST! Rude and completely unwilling to admit to any wrong on their part. We visit Greenport often and I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

Unique Quality: Ants

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Greenport Travel Forum

Need advice about Greenport, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Greenport and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Greenport hotel reviews

Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Explore Deeper into Greenport
Harbes Family Farm and Vineyard
Off The Beaten Path
Looking at Shelter Island...
Off The Beaten Path