326 Front Street, Greenport, New York, 11944, United States

The Greenporter Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• Ants, Bugs, Overpriced and Rude

To sum it up, ANTS and BUGS, DIRTY, UNCOMFORTABLE BED, UNFRIENDLY STAFF...

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at! My husband and I booked a hotel room for one night, for myself and our two little girls. We booked it for a Thursday night in September and it was still $200. My first mistake was not reading reviews online before going to this awful place.

We arrived only to find out that they scheduled our overnight for the wrong month. They scrambled and were able to give us a room. When we arrived in the room we found ants in the refrigerator. We went to the front desk and told the front desk about the ants ( no big deal right, its happens is what I said to the front desk) She said she would take care of it. We came back from dinner and the ants were gone. We then put our food in the fridge for the overnight. We had bought expensive cheeses from the local cheese shop. When we went to check out the next morning our food had ants on it and so did my daughters clothes in her suitcase.

I complained to the front desk again and they said they would send housekeeping to take care of it. This is as we are checking out. I was furious at this point. We had to throw away food. I wanted pay back for ants being in our $200/night room! That never happened.

They blamed it on us, telling us that we brought food in and that we left food in the garbage cans. We were there for less than 24 hours and we somehow caused an ant problem?????!!!!!!! They said we left dirty diapers in the garbage. Again I reiterate we were there for less than 24 hours! We checked in at 6pm, found ants, complained and then checked out at 10am the next morning and there were more ants!

The management is the WORST! Rude and completely unwilling to admit to any wrong on their part. We visit Greenport often and I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

Unique Quality: Ants

More about The Greenporter

Greenport Hotels

by GlobalGuy about Drossos Motel

Clean, comfortable, and convenient to all the North Fork of LI has to offer. Even though it is on the Main Road, it is away from the hustle and bustle of the summer crowds. It is a great escape, especially for spring and fall excursions (it sells out early for the summer and stays booked all season). The motel is in a park-like setting. For the family, there is an 18 hole miniature golf course, a well-equipped game room, and an excellent roadside snack bar.

are we talking abouth the same greenporter?

We stayed there the same weekend as the one of the previous reviewers and were amazed and wondering if we were at the same property?

Guests should be reminded that they are going to “the country”. The North Fork is a quaint area full of farms, vineyards and fisherman.

If you are looking for opulence of the Hamptons – you should stay home.

If I can say anything about this property – it was the neatest and cleanest hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The grounds – as well as the rooms are very minimalistic so if there is dirt or garbage – you would see it and we sure didn’t.

The pool and the tub were a great treat, and I had a relaxing grapeseed oil massage in my room.

We also dined in the restaurant and had the house mussels along with the steak au poivre which were exceptional. Also, the local wine from the wine list was just great!

It was clearly a holiday weekend and the restaurant was packed so there was plenty of room for mishaps but I would have to say that we were overall – very pleased with our stay.

It sounds like some of my fellow reviewers should have sprung for a much needed massage or some extra wine -- or whatever may make them happy in life.

weekend in the hamptons

A friend and I enjoyed a delightful weekend in Greenport, NY at the Greenporter Hotel and Spa. Our rooms were spotless, the staff was helpful and friendly. We lucked out weather-wise, we had lunch at the pool, sunbathed and shopped around. Activities were in walking distance, which makes for an excellent weekend getaway. Dinner Sunday night was the icing on the cake, our waitress was very helpful, my tuna steak was cooked to my liking and the candle light ambience was exceptional.

Greenport has a Winner

I had the pleasure of spending 3 days/2 nights at the Greenporter Hotel and Spa. The Hotel has a unique design and very modern decor which is not usually my taste. My taste has evolved; the Hotel was sleek and comfortable. The room was inviting with warm colors, an interesting array of photos and furniture that complimented the essence of the hotel.

laCuvee Wine Bar and French Bistro was an amazing experience. Owners Deborah Rivera Pittorino and William Pittorino made everyone in the restaurant feel welcome and like old friends. The staff was extremely friendly and well versed both on the dishes as well as the wines. I had the Steak au Poivre which was cooked to perfection in a delicious cognac peppercorn sauce accompanied by a potato gratin and green beans. The wine list was extensive and the Chef , Deborah Rivera Pittorino was more than happy to describe each one with clarity and enthusiasm.

I highly recommend the Greenporter Hotel & Spa and look forward to my next visit.

A Jewel found!!!!

My husband and 14 month old son just spent a magical weekend at The Greenporter Hotel and Spa on the North Fork of Long Island.
We sold our house in Amagansett this past January and relocated to Greenwich Connecticut from NYC this past spring, and sold our beachhouse in the process.

We were looking for a weekend getaway close to home and wanted to try something different from the Hamptons. What a find!!! The hotel and town are sophisticated yet there was no pretense that we usually find at other hip boutique hotels. The restaurant was delicious and we especaiilyt liked the Indochine mussels as an App and the fish special for an entree.
We both had delicious massages in one of the Spa rooms and our son had a great time in the pool and hot tub.

We will definitely be returning soon!!!! We are reluctant to spread the word so it doesn't become too crowded but had such a wonderful time we had to give our kudos!!!!

Perfect Weekend Getaway

I stayed at The Greenporter last weekend and I enjoyed an incredible weekend getaway. When I arrived with my friend, the staff was very friendly and quite helpful. They showed us to our very large adjoining rooms which were furnished in a clean, modern, sleek style. I was especially impressed with the bathroom and the comfortable bed, two things which I am usually very picky about in a hotel room. I loved being able to relax by the pool and enjoy the sun and great weather. The restaurant staff let us know that we would be able to have our meal poolside as well, but we decided to sit on the deck outside to take in the neighborhood as well. The atmosphere in the restaurant at dinner was just as pleasant with the lit candles everywhere- and the food was amazing. It was hard to decide on just what I wanted to eat since everything on the menu sounded great, but the Asian style mussels I finally chose, were absolutely delicious. The Greenporter is also in the perfect location. A short walk led us to all kinds of shops, a movie theater, and the dock for amazing pictures- we were even able to get to the beach for the best view of the sunset. I can't wait to plan my next little getaway to The Greenporter and have already started telling everyone I know about the hotel!!

A Glorified Motel with Terrible Service....

by TripAdvisor Member DMR-7

I went to the Greenporter with my boyfriend, looking for a clean, quiet place to spend the weekend. As soon as we arrived, we noticed the lobby, pool and walkways were littered with used cups and various pieces of trash. Our $229 a room was minimalistic to a fault... no closets, tables next to the bed, and only one towel for two people. The bathroom and shower area was NOT clean, including a large spider web behind the door and someone else's hair on the bathroom floor. The bed itself was full sized, though we paid for a queen, and the linens were torn and tired looking. The first night we were there, we were woken up repeatedly by the people in the room next door banging into the walls, further aggravating us on what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend.
I went down to talk to the manager the next morning, and was told they are 'in between managers'. The receptionist tried to call the owner, who was in the restaurant across the driveway, and I could hear the owner yelling at the poor girl for bothering her. Needless to say, there was no follow up from the owner, as promised, and the problems were never fixed. When I stopped back into the lobby to ask the owner's response to our complaints, the receptionist told me there was 'nothing they could do for us.' I could think of a dozen ways they could have addressed the situation!
STAY AWAY from the Greenporter Hotel and Spa, there is no value in what they offer for the prices they charge, and the customer service leads you to believe they take no stock in customer satisfaction.

Horrible Experience

My bad experience with the Greenporter started months ago when I made my reservation. Long story short -- they incorrectly charged me for 2 rooms and assured me I was being refunded right then and there. Needless to say 2 months later the charge was still on my credit card. I had to ask for a manager (which could not be found) and get upset with the person on the phone in order to get my refund that was promised to me. Upon check-in, the hotel was not what I thought it would be for $229 a night! The room was NOT nice, the bathroom was dirty (had hairs all over the floor) and they left us 1 bath towel for 2 people. They also do not provide bars of soap for the sink! We had to run out to the store and purchase our own. The next day when they made up our room, they left us NO towels at all. We had to call and ask only to be told they ran out!! "Continental" breakfast allegedly goes until 11 however if you go downstairs at 10am, you will find just crumbs and they DO NOT replenish the food supply. We felt like things couldn't have been worse and our experience was not a good one. The staff didn't help either as they were not friendly OR helpful.

Don't let the name "Hotel & Spa" fool you

by TripAdvisor Member NYbeachmom

Stayed at the Greenporter for an overnight to visit wineries in the area with my husband. Not anything I would expect from a place called a hotel and spa. Entered room, sleek, modern, minimalistic decor very uncluttered, walked over to bed and noticed hairs on pillows. Clearly the cases had not been changed from previous guests. Asked for new ones and got them quickly. Bathroom was small with sink outside of it, but noticed hairs on floor (I have issues with hair) and not sure if bathroom floor behind the door ever gets cleaned (but needs it). Definitly glad I brought flip flops to walk around in. Shower and sink were clean, countertop around sink, questionable. My complaints were not about the room (reminded me of a college dormroom) and comfort(bed and pillows were cozy), mostly had issue with housekeeping stuff. Restaurant looked nice, only had continental breakfast there. For one night, after getting clean pillows, the place served its purpose, was a short walk to restaurants, docks, etc. , but for a longer stay I might look into the new Harborfront which looks beautiful and immaculate.

Comments