110 Vanderbilt Motor Pkwy, Hauppauge, NY 11788

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Wedding Hotel

This hotel was not a bad choice. We had to stay out here for a wedding of a couple close friends.

The hotel has a very nice lounge and check in area. With a restaurant and bar off on the side.

Check in was very smooth. We were given a minor upgrade in that we got the corner room 500. This was a nice room but shows some age. We did get a peek into room 504, which is a suite with a spiral staircase in the corner. Room door was open while being cleaned as we walked down the hallway. But our room was nice. I do wish it had another window in it above the desk though.

A fairly comfortable bed and soft pillows made for a rather restful sleep. TV selection was quite poor. It’s the cable feed capped at 39, which makes no sense to me as most of the channels below 39 are not worth watching and also if you’re giving cable feed and not satellite why not give more.

Readily given the 4pm check out when I asked I got the strong feeling that there are very few elites here on the weekend. Too many corporations around for that to hold during the week probably but I bet a platinum would have gotten one of those suites if they wanted.

• mangpor's Profile Photo

Good Facilities .. Bad Services

This hotel had many good facilities, and I felt safe to stay there. However, only bad thing I feel was about their services (not all, but most)

Bad experiences...
    I had asked my office administrator to arrange the pick-up limo service from the JFK airport to the hotel. I saw an email conversation between her and the hotel sales manager to confirm the schedule of my arrival. However, on the day I arrived, no limo service came. Since I had travelled for a long long flight (total 21 hrs - 1 stop), I feel tired and very upset about that. I had to call the NY Taxi (Yellow Cap) to take me to the hotel. It cost me double of the normal limo service price but I had no choice at that time -_-'

Another bad experience was the ADSL connection in the hotel room. The telephone port was very old and broken and I tried to call the hotel reception many many times - they never come to fix it up.

This hotel was very noisy on weekend. I heard many people walking & running on the corridor at night and it's almost 2 a.m.!!

Good experiences...
    By the way, once I got into the hotel. I felt good about the room facilities especially the bed. I have never felt like this in any other hotels before. I heard that it was exclusively for Sheraton and it's called "Sweet Sleeper Bed". I think I was falling in love with it because the bed and pillows were very comfort. It made me sleep well. In addition to the bedroom, the bathroom was also good.

Not all services were bad as I mentioned earlier. I felt really good with the chauffer of the shuttle van service. They were really nice people and full of service-minded. :-)

Comments