Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca

Based on 71 reviews
Travelocity Expedia.com

Bedbugs!

by written on September 12, 2011

I was attending a conference at Cornell with a friend, and booked a room (two queen beds) at the Rodeway for the nights of Friday and Saturday, September 9th and 10th, 2011. We were initially given room 159, but the room had a pungent sweet smell like an air freshener. We requested an alternate room, and got 152, but this room had the same odor.

We were concerned about toxicity, and met some neighbors in the parking lot. I voiced my concern, and he said it was common for hotels to smell like that, and I got him to smell and confirm. It was late, and all other area hotels were booked, so we accepted it, and Friday night went without incident.

During the day on Saturday we opened the windows to air out the room. Upon returning Saturday night, most of the odor had dissipated. We went to bed, and just as I was falling asleep, I felt something bite my wrist. I flicked it off and turned on the light. A bug was slowly crawling across the sheets, so I lightly squeezed it, killing it without mutilating it. I took photos, went on the Internet, and to my horror it was a perfect match for a bedbug. (I would submit photos if I could.) My friend found another bedbug crawling on his sheets.

I put my bug in a styrofoam cup and brought it to the front desk. The guy looked unsurprised and casually told me there are no available alternate rooms. He said he would refund Saturday night only if we checked out then. (He refused to refund Friday.) As we checked out, he said something which drew a sarcastic chuckle from me. He responded, "You shouldn't laugh. You're lucky I'm giving you a refund because it's past the time I'm allowed to do so."

All the area hotels were booked, so we had to drive all night long back home to Canada. I've spent the past two days trying to disinfect my belongings and my car. I hope I didn't bring them back with me. This has been a costly and traumatic experience.

Unique Quality: Bedbugs

The worst hotel of my life

by written on April 2, 2011

I stayed in a single room for three nights, and it was the worst hotel experience of my life. The room was small, with dark blue paint that made it dark 24/7 and even more claustrophobic. The bathroom was miniscule, with a shower stall about the size of a phone booth.

The staff was utterly unhelpful - they do not keep batteries in their smoke detectors, causing them to beep at 2 minute intervals. When I asked for assistance, the man at the front desk told me to come back at 4, which turned out to be after his shift was over. The second person at the front desk was unwilling to even check, so I had to unplug the smoke detector to sleep that night. To add to this legally dubious issue, when I came back the next evening the smoke detector was removed by housekeeping and no replacement was given - pushing legal dubiousness to outright violation of the fire code. The front desk's response to "could you please call me a cab for tomkins airport?" was a wordless gesture towards a disorganized rack of business cards.

A further example of their lack of respect for customers: the comforter in the room when I arrived smelled strongly of urine. When I asked for a replacement, the staff gruffly accepted, without any apology for the unacceptable sanitation. The second comforter smelled faintly like urine in one corner, so I was forced to arrange my posture to avoid whiffing uric acid all night. I doubt they wash their bedding with any frequency.

Speaking of posture, I experienced miserable upper back and shoulder pain after three nights on one of their beds.

Housekeeping places "Sanitized for your safety" tape around toilets after cleaning, which is not only superfluous but wasteful. Beyond that, housekeeping was acceptable.

Dirty and out of the way

by written on March 30, 2010

This place is bad enough to take the time to warn others. Came here from PA to visit family. Disgusting and smelled, dirty sheets, and totally out of the way. Try the Super 8, much better fr the price if you ask me.

Nearby Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca

Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca

• Wonderland Hotel
  • Rodeway Inn Ithaca
  • Ithaca Rodeway Inn
  • Rodeway Inn And Suites
  • Rodeway Hotel Ithaca

Address: 654 Elmira Rd, (formerly Wonderland Hotel), Ithaca, New York, 14850, United States

1 Photo of Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ithaca Travel Forum

Need advice about Ithaca, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Ithaca and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ithaca hotel reviews

The Inn @ City Lights
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
The Hound And Hare

Explore Deeper into Ithaca
Family friendly things to do with kids in Ithaca
Taughannock Falls
Open for the Season
Lost in Delight
Ithaca and the Finger Lakes
Things to Do
taughannock falls - the best view
taughannock falls
Things to Do
Science centre that's centre with an 'RE'
The Cornell Raptor Center
Cornell University
The Historic Clinton House
Gorges and waterfalls near Cornell
Things to Do
The place for vegetarians!
Collegetown