Doubletree Hotel JFK Airport

135-30 140th Street, (formerly Radisson Hotel JFK Airport), Jamaica, New York, 11436, United States
Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Doubletree Hotel JFK Airport

Terrible hotel!

by ArenJo about DoubleTree JFK Airport Hotel

There are always problems with the plumbing here. So, for that reason alone it makes it not worth the money. The night I stayed, the water worked fine at night. In the morning, the water was barely dripping it out and it was dark brown. I'm a flight attendant, so that is not the shower I wanted to take in the morning before a long day of flying.

Douletree JFK can be Good

by TripAdvisor Member hoodoos

Stayed at Doubletree JFK Airport on nite before departure. Got great deal thru Priceline bid. The room itself was superior. Comfy bed, free internet, flat screen TV. Some noise into room from highway might affect light sleepers. The front desk staff was not very knowledegable and not attentive. They and the shuttle drivers cater to the numerous airline staff that stay there. The shuttle runs only on the half hour, so not always convenient. Business center printer was not working, and no one knew how to repair, so could not print boarding passes.

Just acceptable for an overnight stay

by TripAdvisor Member farawaymum

I stayed here after arriving from Japan and before taking an early flight to Boston the next morning.The hotel shuttle goes from a station that you get to via the Airtrain (free) and not from the actual terminal- this is a bit of a pain after a long international flight with luggage.
I was given a comfortable room on a high floor but there was noticeable traffic noise. Although the room was non smoking, in the middle of the night an overpowering smell off cigarette smoke somehow entered the room and actually woke me up- horrible!
On the free shuttle back to the airport the driver forgot to take me to the right terminal and because it is a 1 way system with lots of terminals it took him a long time to get me back to the correct place.Allow plenty of time if you are using the shuttle-a lot of airline crew stay at this hotel and I observed that you will be bumped from the shuttle to the next one if they are waiting.

1st time in the Doubletree and it WON'T be my last!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sammie4

I am fortunate enough to be a Hilton Honors Gold member so was provided with an upgraded Business Exec Room for my 1 night stay. The Business Exec rooms looked newly refurbished, with warm colours & v.welcoming for us seeing as though we didn't check in until after 2.00am the morning..

We had a lovely wide screen tv (much to the delight of the children!!) and our double beds felt even better then they looked. I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable, inviting bed in all my years of travelling for business or family holidays...

The bathroom was v.clean with white tiles , v.spaceous and with ample toiletries & towels provided.

Due to our v.late checkin we were allowed to have a late checkout which added to our overall enjoyable stay. The free buffet breakfast had ample choice, served nice & hot with a good variety for both adults & children.

The reception staff & other staff members were v.polite & accommodating.

A free shuttle service is provided to & from JFK aiport which, is always an added bonus.

I would have NO hesitation in staying in this hotel again, even for a much longer period next time!.

Good convenient airport stopover

by TripAdvisor Member sarahlm

Stayed one night after arriving on a late flight from London. Very quick check in. Clean spacious room with extremely comfortable beds. Didn't eat at hotel and left fairly early. Shuttle buses to and from airport immediately available. Booked on Priceline for $100 a night.

Rooms nice hotel staff Not so much!

by TripAdvisor Member sheay

Rooms and beds were excellent! The customer service and staff however, not so much. I was not acknowledged when I arrived and just standing there staring at the lady I finally approached her since she seemed to have no customer service and didn't want to be bothered I was told there would be NO early check in ever. She didn't even offer to tell me that I could at least check my bags so we sat in the lobby for over an hour!
The shuttle service sucked from the airport! Going to the airport was fine but when the weather was less than 40 degrees outside freezing wind we did not appreciate standing outside for more than 45min and we called the hotel 3 times for the shuttle!
I will NEVER stay here again just because of the service that was NOT provided to us.

Great Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member genesis1104

I enjoyed the hotel very much. Very nice inside. Excellent service. Friendly staff. VERY comfortable king size bed! I accidentally left my make-up bag and they FedEx'd it to me. Will definitely stay there again. Just minutes from Manhattan at half the price!

Another poor JFK Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wildthing271

Booked in for one night as I was between flights. I always try and stay at Hilton family properties if I can, but if I had clicked that this hotel used to be The Radisson I would probably have avoided it and gone across to the Hilton Garden Inn.

The hotel is OK. Check in was awful. I had used Hilton's e-check in system, which has worked flawlessly in other hotels cutting time at front desk to virtually nothing. But this hotel had no HHonors line, no e-check in line, and when I did, after 20 minutes queuing time, get to the counter, the staff had no idea what e-check in was, proceeded to tell me I did not have a reservation, before finally asking me why I was checking in again. Permisssion to scream please.

Room was excellent apart from the bathroom- the bed was comfortable, wifi internet access rock solid, furniture good, but the bathroom had not been touched. Why don't hotel chains upgrade bathrooms when they make the rest of the bedroom nice?

Checking out was painless, but the courtesy shuttle back to the airport was one of the worst I have encountered anywhere. I was second in line for the bus. When it turned up, it was a 15 seater mini-van. There were about 30+ people in line as it was 7.30am and everyone was heading over for their morning flights. I had to put my bag in the trunk of the mini-van, but by the time I had fought my way through the crowd, everyone else had disregarded the line, bundled onto the bus and taken all the seats. So much for our American friends respecting lines and queues! I ended up standing in the doorway and refusing to move as I had been second in line which earned me a torrent of abuse from the driver and other passengers. Nice!

The frustration was that there were several bigger vans parked in the car park. Surely the hotel must know alot of people leave about 7.30am to get early flights. If I'd have waited for the next bus I would probably have missed my flight. It's not rocket science to work out that hotels at airports need to provide transportation and space for luggage!

Doubletree at JFK

by TripAdvisor Member BCrawley

Great stay at a great hotel with a very friendly staff. The room was clean and comfortable especially the bed. This hotel is conveniently located to JFK Airport, the Belt Parkway and the Van Wyck Expressway. Don't worry, I never heard the sound of even one jet and was able to sleep soundly.

Shuttle

by TripAdvisor Member popeye49

Hotel above average,but the shuttle was a 50 minute wait after a flight and a long day in Buffalo, freezing weather numerous phone calls, cookie on arrival was great, bed excellent, TV was crap in My room.
plse sort out the shuttle and it will be a great hotel.

Comments