156-08 Rockaway Boulevard, Jamaica, New York, 11434, United States

Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

A great stop over spot

We booked this for our NY layover on our way to Dubai.
    When arriving at JFK you take the AIRTRAIN to Federal Circle. Then you see the phone for all the Hotel shuttles. We were told it would be 10 minutes for the shuttle but the bus was there when we went outside.
    Its a short 15 min or less drive from the JFK .
    Check in is fast and friendly .We room is small ( typical of NY) but comfortable and clean. Nice KS bed and big breakfast at 6:30AM .
    We had dinner in the hotel restaurant , we enjoyed the pasta and a glass of wine .
    Wifi is included and there is a business center where we found it convenient to check in for our next flight.
    We would definitely stay here again.

More about Fairfield Inn Long Island JFK Jamaica

OK

by TripAdvisor Member HarryfromLA

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn based on the glowing recommendations from TripAdvisor and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed after my stay. I arrived in late from a west coast flight on my way to Europe and the cab driver had no idea where the hotel was which I suppose is understandable given the newness of the property. It's a tougher neighborhood than I expected for an airport hotel and when we checked in at midnight, we had to walk down the street to get something to eat. I requested an upper room because of what I heard from earlier reviews and received one, and I agree with other reviews that the staff was helpful and the room was good - clean, large enough, good bathroom, premium channels on TV, etc.. I also liked the free internet in the business center on the ground floor. The shuttle back to the airport only runs once an our which is not the norm for hotels of this type, and our shuttle driver was out of control - all of us on the shuttle called it Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - we told him we were going to American International and he took us to American Domestic and then we all got off the shuttle and the sky cap told us to go to other terminal so we all got back on the shuttle and the driver had to go around again. All in all, a few to many hiccups for what I would expect for $175, but it was a good night's sleep so that counts for something.

good for an overnight

by TripAdvisor Member EthelSue

We stayed here overnight between our flight from Europe and one to Chicago. The shuttle service was at station C right away. Our room was ready (top floor as I requested) and was clean. However, it was very small. We had only two suitcases. I am sure that many travelers here have more. There was no place to store them so they did not block access to something (bed, bathroom, dresser). However, the room was very clean, the bathroom large, the shower hot and powerful. The room was also very quiet.

The food in the restaurant was filling. The breakfast was adequate. However, after Norwegian hotel breakfasts, this American continental breakfast seemed skimpy!

The shuttle only goes back to JFK once an hour on the :30. That met our needs, but could be problematic for some.

I did learn that the hotel has a policy of always giving a room to someone who walks in and is a member of Marriott premium club (or some such group). Around midnight the night before, they had no rooms left and had to find other hotel accommodations for people with guaranteed reservations since they had given rooms to two groups of walk ins. Had I arrived at midnight and not had a room waiting for me with a guaranteed reservation, I would have been very angry. I am sure I would have been charged had I not showed up. This is a nice service for their regular customers, but is not one to endear a hotel to those with guaranteed reservations. It makes me wary of staying at a Marriott property in the future if I am not planning to arrive early in the evening.

Except for that policy, I would stay at this hotel again if I had a connecting flight out of JFK. I would certainly not use it as a base for seeing NY City. It is a good overnight stop; but there are far better choices for a visitor to the city.

Nice stay, nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member mopehead

I had to go to New York on business and after finding that most of the affordable hotels in Manhattan were booked I decided to stay in Jamaica since I was flying in and out of JFK. From what I read (on Trip Advisor) this hotel was the only one that not only had free internet, but free shuttle to and from the airport as well as free one way rides to the subway. I didn't realize just how far away Jamaica was from Manhattan, but the front desk staff and the manager made it simple and easy to go into Manhattan. I did have a problem with my room, but they gladly handled it immediately far beyond my expectations. The entire stay at the Fairfield was nice. Room/bed was comfortable. No noise. Very clean. I did not have any breakfast there, but did have a chance to take advantage of the ride to the subway (quite a drive). They staff inquired about whether or not I needed a wake-up call when I returned from being out for the night (which I thought was very nice of them). Overall I would stay there again if I couldn't find a place to say in Manhattan or if I had a long layover for a flight out of country. The staff and manager there was tops!

Friendly, clean, and reasonably priced

by TripAdvisor Member leisurist

I chose this hotel for an overnight stay based on reviews in Trip Advisor. They were on the money! Reasonable price for a JFK stayover before an early morning flight. Limited menu restaurant on the premises. Free continental breakfast. Free hotel shuttle to JFK terminals.

Just Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member hapitrvlr

My stay was on 10/14/07, overnight to catch an early flight at nearby JFK. The location, hotel, room, staff ('kudos' to Achischa & Elliott) & food were all perfect! Loved everything! They have free internet & computer access (pleasant surprise!). The Deluxe Continental Breakfast was more than expected & definitely appreciated! Free prompt shuttle service to the Airport. I could just go on & on! Just perfect!

Good JFK hotel

by TripAdvisor Member teachers_on_tour

My review endorses the previous comments. This is a clean and pleasant hotel close to JFK. Peter on the front desk - a manager I think - was extremely helpful. We were able to check out a couple of hours late without cost. The restaurant hasn't got a lot of atmosphere, but the food is good. The area is a bit dodgy, but we had no safety concerns while in the hotel.

There's an elevator quirk - if you have a lot of luggage & have to use it you need to change elevators, unless you're in a room on the bottom floor. Not a big problem - just a small hassle. Parking is reasonable and the security seems fine - although the previous comment about not leaving valuables in the car is good advice (and not just for this spot). It's very easy to drive to JFK from here.

Good price, very clean, friendly management. Don't bother with the other JFK hotels.

Good JFK Airport

by TripAdvisor Member j2bfisher

We stayed at this hotel the night before an early flight out of JFK. The hotel was nice and surprising quiet for being so close to the airport. Rooms were basic but clean. Free airport shuttle leaves every hour on the half hour. You can also get a taxi to the airport for about $12.

Inexpensive AND fills your needs

by TripAdvisor Member IdahoKaren

We stayed here for two nights before flying out and then one night when we returned. Had a really nice stay! Guys on night shift are wonderful- so helpful and polite. Set us up on an EXCELLENT city tour since we had only one day!

Rooms- Nothing fancy but comfortable beds, clean and quiet.
Dining- Morning continental breakfast was great- more than just muffins and coffee. We had to leave at 4:00am to go to airport and it was already open with coffee, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, juice etc.

this place is nothing fancy- there is nothing to do around it or anywhere to eat except on site but if you are looking for some place reasonable and clean and safe to stay when coming or going to JFK this
really fits the bill!

Brilliant JFK hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Natalie41

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night prior to a early flight and really enjoyed the stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great (lots of variety) and the free shuttle bus was prompt and left every 1/2 hour.

The room had everything you needed and was very clean. The bed and pillows were lovly, very comfortable. There is nothing around this area however a taxi from Manhattan only cost us $40.

If your looking for a hotel to stay in near the airport this is the one. I dont have one bad thing to say about this hotel.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MINSTRELMUSIC

My family and I drove to New York to attend a wedding and we stayed at the JFK Fairfield Inn in Jamaica, New York. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice, but somewhat small, a New York king room, I suppose. Valet parking was available, so there was always someone watching the cars. The hotel provided a very nice deluxe continental breakfast with make your own hot waffles. We felt very safe staying there and had no problems at all. The hotel is right off of the beltway and 5 minutes from JFK. It was very easy getting to the hotel and provided easy access out when we left. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Comments