153-70 South Conduit Avenue, Jamaica, New York, 11434, United States

HIExpress.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Close to the airport

The rooms are clean but fairly basic, with inexpensive furniture. The bed was very comfortable though, with down pillows and a comforter. The people at the desk are pleasant and helpful. There is no on-site restaurant, but they have menus for places that will deliver.

Breakfast (included in the rates) is available from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. It includes omelets and sausage as well as the usual fruit, muffins, etc.

They run a 24-hour airport shuttle (on the hour from the hotel.) You have to pick it up at the Federal Circle airtrain stop, but it takes you to your terminal when you return to the airport.

I would recommend this hotel for its convenience. I have stayed in it several times when I've had an overnight en route, and I'll stay there again as needed. I paid $86 + tax.

Unique Quality: It only takes minutes to get back to the airport, which I appreciate, and the reception staff printed my boarding pass on their computer to speed up check-in.

More about Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member ccosmos

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express JFK for on a Saturday night last weekend and had a wonderful experience. The hotel shuttle to and from the airport is complimentary and very convenient. The shuttle arrived about 10 minutes after I called them from the airport train terminal. They provided complimentary water and snacks in the shuttle as well as in the room.

The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and allowed me to check in early because my flight arrived in the morning. He even told me to help myself to the complimentary breakfast that morning even though I really should have had it only the next morning, after my night’s stay. In terms of amenities of course I didn’t expect anything luxurious, but I was happy the room was clean and comfortable.

The only complaint I have is that even though I had placed the “Do not disturb” sign on my door knob, the housekeeper still knocked at my door the next morning and asked me what time I was leaving! Well it was about 11:45am already but hey, checkout time is supposed to be noon. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to stay there again next time.

A good bet for a stopover

by TripAdvisor Member libdem

We stayed here for one night before we flew back to the UK.

The place was very clean and the staff were really helpful. We found that the rooms were pretty much what you would expect from an airport hotel...not huge but comfortable enough. The main thing was that it felt safe, which is important when you are staying in this part on New York. We felt quite happy about leaving the car parked there overnight.

The only real criticism I would have is that after a long drive from Boston all we wanted was a cold drink. Although there were plenty of vending machines in the hotel none of them were working and there isn't really anywhere nearby that you would want to walk to at night.

On the whole though, if you are looking for a stopover before or after a flight, it is well worth choosing this hotel.

Mixed feelings

by TripAdvisor Member poodleone

We wanted a decent hotel near JFK (turn in rental car, early orning flight) so read the reviews on this site and took our chance. It was OK for location (the van drivers are total maniacs) and so-so for breakfast and cleanliness. The bathroom towels had some very weird smell- almost like vomit and the shower curtain needs cleaning- smelled sour. The rest of the room was OK. Not too noisy despite facing the highway. Had to walk three blocks to the gas station to buy a Sunday paper. The desk staff varied from disinterested to borderline hostile. The business center is a joke- $3 for 20 minutes of Internet access! Wouldn't stay again but it served the purpose this time.

Great hotel, terrible location

The hotel is great for a layover, being conviniently located near JFK and connected by a free shuttle. Excellent rooms, large, clean linen, super ACs, great bathrooms with excellent shower pressure and coffee machines in the bathroom (??). You must stay here if you land up late in JFK. In the city you will not find this luxury at this price (sub $160). I went out for a walk, but it is not for the faint hearted, specially at night!! Avoid being adventurous.

Understand the shuttle

by TripAdvisor Member DougYWG

I arrived at T4 at JFK, collected my baggage and headed outside following the signs for ground transport. I passed a cab despatcher and asked him where the hotel shuttles stopped. Right here he said. So I waited a few minutes and began to think it was odd that not one hotel shuttle had gone by. I found a phone and called the Holiday Inn. We pick up at station C she said. What's that? I said. Don't know, but we pick up at station C.

The cab despatcher had never heard of it so I headed back inside the terminal, dragging the baggage. Aha! They must mean the Airtrain. My first time on the train, right enough, I got off at Station C and within two minutes the shuttle came around.

Next day, the shuttle will take you to any terminal you want, none of the station C nonsense. Other than that, previous comments apply. Front desk was efficient and friendly.

Excellent for 1 night stopover

5th overnight stopover hotel I've stayed at for JFK and this is by a mile the best. Good value, very friendly staff, clean/tidy rooms and excellent breakfast. Just book this hotel if your staying at JFK and forget the others.

The shuttle could be better and bear in mind that you'll need to get the Airtrain to station C to get the shuttle to the hotel (the freephone is there). Not the hotel's fault, just a change of the policy of JFK. All on-terminal hotels are equally affected.

Beware

by TripAdvisor Member ScottUK

I agree that this hotel is clean, efficient and the shuttle is reliable (as long as you are aware to pick it up at Station C at JFK).

What i cannot believe is that no-one has commented on the rooms at the front of the hotel facing a highway. Unless you are a heavy sleeper the noise of the traffic was constant and disturbed me all night. The rooms at the back may be quieter but when i asked to be moved I was told that the hotel was fully booked. I would only stay here again if I was guaranteed a room that is not at the front - or the hotel upgraded its windows with secondary glazing - as thats all it would need to block out the noise.

hotel fine, allow time to & from JFK

by TripAdvisor Member travelamalia

Stayed last night prior to flight later this morning. I had read all the reviews and agree that the shuttle is the challenging element but if you are patient and allow time, it works out. Getting to hotel from JFK, follow the signs inside the terminal for the Airtrain and make sure to ask which side to board to avoid looping around the airport. You get off at C then phone for the shuttle, which is shared with Comfort Inn, Best Western and Days Inn I think. Some places have their own shuttles and that can make a difference in choices.

The hotel was clean, staff friendly, nice touches like bottled water and cookie pack in room, etc. Stay in the back as front rooms face a noisy highway (thanks to those who mentuioned that before).

For the price, it is definitely a reasonable choice. I'd stay there again given that the others hotels don't seem that wonderful given thier reviews.

Step-Saver Sized

by TripAdvisor Member HouseFairy

For the money, this is an excellent value. If the room were even a little larger, I would have given this property a 4* rating. It offers a free - if loosely scheduled - shuttle to JFK. The shuttle is shared by Days Inn, Comfort Inn, and another Holiday Inn; and you have to wait for it outdoors at JFK (Federal Circle station on the AirTrain).
The expanded continental breakfast includes toaster waffles, muffins, warm cinnamon rolls, yogurt, bananas, hard boiled eggs ...
The bathroom is not one inch larger than it could possibly be, but with the curved shower curtain bar and the NICE shower heads, the shower doesn't feel cramped.
There is HDTV in the breakfast room, and the friendly staff allowed us to watch football there while we ate Italian food delivered from a nearby pasta restaurant. The restaurant, by the way, gets 5 stars - outstanding.

Comments