400 Granite Road, Kerhonkson, NY, 12446
Hudson Valley Resort and Spa
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Lexington At Hudson Valley Resort

loved hudson valley resort and spa

I have stayed at the resort on at least three separate occassions and was very pleased with the service and atmosphere. My only complaint was when it rained there were leaks in some of the lobby passageways. There was also some renovations underway during my last stay. The dining room accommodations were above average and the staff very polite. The spa services are average and not extensive, but the real beauty of this resort is the outdoor location.

Really didn't like the Hudson Valley Resort and Spa

by TripAdvisor Member JMB_7

Our room had a moldy smell and no windows that would open. Every public room we were in in the hotel , other than the lobby,did not have windows that opened and each room was more musty and moldy smelling than the next. Asthma suffers beware.

Food is the worst we've had other than on the airlines, however they do have great dessert. Wine with dinner? Forgetaboutit. We were finished with dinner one night before we ever got the wine list. The second night, we got the list, but dinner was over an hour late. It seems you can either eat or drink but not both, speaking of which my rum and orange juice served in the bar was made with canned orange juice..really nasty.
The entertainment however is great, and the facility has some promise but is so run down that it requires a very different vision to bring it up to passable standards.

Horrible, awful, disgusting!

by TripAdvisor Member Allybeth

My family checked in to this resort yesterday. WE DIDN'T STAY THE NIGHT! At 2am we checked out, yes that is 2am in the wee morning hours. We are now at a Quality Inn in Kingston. The Hudson Valley Resort & Spa is nothing of the sort. It is a run down disgusting hotel, if that. They don't tell you that there IS NO FOOD TO EAT. They offer meal plans on-line, but Hello, there aren't any. My husband & I inquired before going to sleep about breakfast & were told that we aren't ALLOWED any access to the food. There was a large group that booked a block of rooms & they had a buffet spread & drinks into the night. HUH?? They were there to enjoy the weekend also for Mother's Day, & had tons of food available, but we couldn't join them. We were told we had to be in their group. It wasn't as if they had prepaid for this! AND, There wasn't even room service! Also, there is a pool. But the amount of chlorine is very strong. Also, it has paper covering ALL of the windows. This is for privacy. WHY??? There are certain times for men & women to go swimming seperately. The elevators don't run properly, & they are on a sabbath schedule which means they stop on every floor. We felt strangely unwanted by the other patrons & unheard by the staff. That's when we took ourselves & small child at 2am to a different hotel. The Better Business Bureau should investigate this place. Did I mention the mold in the bathroom? GROSS ; (

Living in Colonial America

by grandmaR

When we lived in Philadelphia in 1969, I visited Winterthur Museum. When this country was first settled, much of the quality furniture was imported from Europe, and most of the furniture collectors collected European antiques. But much elegant furniture was also manufactured in the colonies. H. F. duPont had an epiphany where he was struck with the idea that American antiques were equality deserving and he bought a massive collection of pre-Revolutionary American furniture.

He not only bought the furniture, but he bought the walls and surroundings right out of the house and displayed it as it would have been when it was new.

The first picture is of the parlour in the Hardenbergh House c. 1762 in Kerhonkson NY. Note the powder horn over the mantle and the wrought iron candle stand next to the fireplace. In addition to the fireplace and the furniture, the paneling and beams also came from the original house.

Other pictures depict the Richie House in Tappahannock VA c 1740 with crewel bed hangings, Blackwell Parlour from Philadelphia c 1740, A Maryland bedroom from Cecil County c 1730 also with crewel embroidery, and a Queen Anne japanned highboy from Massachusetts.

Winterthur Museum is worth visiting if you are interested in furniture. They had specialty tours, and I took two of them - one of them was about decorating with textiles, which is why I bought the slides with the crewel embroidered linens pictured.

Family-friendly tours are open to all ages. Adults, $20; students/seniors (age 62+), $18

Even if you can't visit Winterthur, there are many sites which have original furnishings which will give a visitor a good idea of how it was to live in the days when this country was a colony.

I have obtained permission from Susan I. Newton, Photographic Services Winterthur Museum and Country Estate to use this picture. The original slide has become red with age.

Quiet and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member MrsDeeb

Place was very quiet, there were a group of about 30 men on a golfing trip and one other group. Other than that the place was empty. The staff was caring, the spa was excellent, food decent. Great for a quiet get away close to home!

Do not go

I was attending a conference at the hotel this weekend. Before we arrived, my friend and I were quite excited because the website passed it off as some great place of relaxation and tranquility. It was HELL.

Here's a rundown of what our room was without:

Adequate lighting
An iron
An alarm clock
A table, but no chairs
Insufficient working electrical outlets

We went down to ask for an iron some time after we checked in. The front desk attendant said he would have someone bring one up to our room. We walked around for a little while and then went to dinner. After dinner and a drink, we found that we still had not received the iron. I went to the front desk and politely, but firmly requested another one. This time, he made the call to have someone bring us one. By the time we got back to our room, someone was there with an iron.

The problems did not stop there. I tried to turn the heat on (which is in the wall in an air conditioner unit) and it started to smell like fire. NOT GOOD. I spent the rest of the night half scared because this hotel had indeed experienced a fire not too long ago.

The next morning we came back from a session to find that our coffee pot was mysteriously on and an ash tray sitting on our desk. We were fired up especially when the staff blew my friend's complaint off. After quite some time, the maid came up and apologized saying that she had went to the wrong room which is funny because it wasn't like there was a 1 digit difference in the hotel room number, it was 15.

Overall, the food was horrible and bland. Most of the hotel staff was rude and unaccomodating. To top it off, I accidently left my cell phone charger there and they haven't a clue where it is.

Bottom line: Too much money for a hotel greatly lacking the value. My advice is to not go. A cheap $35.00 per night hotel would be better than this.

A lousy experience that caught us completely off-guard...

After reading the most recent review of Oct. 3, I knew I was in familiar company. My wife and I too had a attended the same wedding and where met with a similarly poor experience.

But I can do one better.

First the quality and condition of the room and the establishment in general was right on the money. Paint chips and peeling everwhere, stains on the rug (both hallway and room), dents in the door (from being kicked in!?), bathroom doorknob detached from its casing and basically inoperable, open vent in bathroom exposing air ducts. Hot water - not here! Both mornings! Views? of what? the parking lot. And all this for $150/night!

The real horror occurred during the night of Oct. 1 when there was a brawl by four men (no kidding!) directly outside my hotel room. Leading up to this malay we were "treated" to a whole evening of loud music, hallway loitering, slamming doors, constant commotion, yelling and what appeared to be unsupervised teenagers treating this "resort and spa" as if it where a dorm room. Apparently the hotel rents to anyone with a credit card and a pulse and sets them free on the hotel grounds to carryon at will with no restraint.

Oh yes, we complained about the noise 2x. No security was dispatched. Nada.

It was the worst night that I've had at a hotel. Hands down.

Even better, after attempting to explain my situation to the manager the next morning I was met with apathy and disintest. The manager didn't even appear to be listening, insinuating that I was making up the events to skip payment. Unreal!

She was severely mistaken.

I am currently in dispute with my CC company for the amount of that night.

by the way: the hotel requires that you pay in advance for the first full night. In advance! We made our res. 4 mnths prior and where billed $150 - 4 months in advance !! I travel a lot for business and pleasure and I've never had to commit this type of deposit. have you? Just another shady way to buffer their bottom line.

do yourself a favor and find a campground. it'll be worth it....

The Worst

My husband and I were booked at this hotel through Biss Tours for a week at a cost of over $1000. Thankfully we drove ourselves instead of taking the tour bus. We had to leave after one night. Room was shoddy and air conditioning never worked correctly; mattresses are old and lumpy; staff was totally unresponsive to guests' needs or complaints; the food was inedible; meal serving staffs were condescending; gift shop was never open when we went there; there is no place to get a light lunch if you arrive at 2 pm as we did; lounges by the pool are dirty and falling apart. We have written hotel and tour company many, many times and have phoned also and the response we've received is "zero." We'll have to chalk it up to a $1000 bad experience.

Will never book here again

by TripAdvisor Member mms01089

My girlfriend and I planned a relaxing weekend, pampering ourselves with spa treatments. We chose April of 2006 since that was the first anniversary of my husband's death and I needed to get away. We booked our room and went with the package that included dinner and breakfast. My first surprise came when I received my credit card bill and found that they had charged the room already, a couple of weeks before we were to arrive. My next surprise came when I called the "spa" to set up appointements for treatments. I was informed that the person (only 1) that does facials doesn't work on Sunday so we couldn't have facials. I had never heard of a spa with only one person to do a certain treatment and thought that odd. Luckily I asked what time dinner was since I didn't want to arrange a treatment Saturday evening and miss dinner since we had already paid for it. Imagine my surprise when I was informed the restaurant was closed that Saturday night. When I finally talked to someone from the hotel about that I was informed that a planned banquet changed their date and had to use the restaurant. When I told Mary Ann that we had the package that included meals, she told me they could send to our room whatever the banquet had. That was not what we paid for. My only other option was to cancel and book another weekend. When I told her I wanted a credit to my account and that I never intended to do business with them again, she said I'd get my credit and didn't seem in the least bit bothered by the fact that I was upset. My question is, what would they have done had I not been told by the spa that the restaurant was closed. They already charged me for my meals and it didn't appear that they were going to inform us ahead of time that we wouldn't get them or if we did, we'd be stuck eating in our room whatever the banquet people decided they wanted. I will be contacting my credit card company daily until that credit arrives.

Unnaceptable

After arriving, late in the evening, unpacked, settled in, we found out to our great surprise, that we were unable to have breakfast or any meals in the hotel, unless we were part of the
seminar, convention or group that was there. I cannot understand how a hotel as large as this
does not have facilities for their "other guests"! I found it somewhat fraudulent advertising as well as discriminatory. The rates are high and the services nil. They told me they do not have room service either. We repacked, and checked out in the middle of the night and found a more accomadating and traveler friendly hotel.

Comments