Comfort Suites Lake George

Tags

Disabilities Family Travel
See Amenities
LauriS11's Profile Photo

Will NEVER stay there again!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2013

This was the worst stay I have ever had! The owner/manager, George Stark saw me walking my dog on the perimeter of the property and immediately drove up to me and said "Pack your bags and leave!" I was totally shocked and could not understand his aggressive behavior. He said that this hotel was "not pet friendly" and that I was breaking the rules by having my lab there. I told him I had NO idea that he could not be walked anywhere on the property -- of course, I knew animals were not welcome in the hotel and that is why he slept in his dog bed in my subaru. I had promised my son a trip to swim on the way to Grandma's. Mr. Stark called me a liar and said I was sneaking around with my dog to break the rules. He told me to pack up and leave immediately. It was 8 pm and it was snowing and icing (day before Thanksgiving). I told him I booked the reservation online and was not made aware that "NO DOGS WERE EVEN ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY". He called me a liar again and again told me I had to leave. I just couldn't believe it. I explained to him that I am a 1st grade teacher and my husband is a soldier serving in Afghanistan right now - we are rule followers…I simply was unaware of this rule. I then explained to him that I had a 9 year old disabled son in the hotel room who was asleep with my mom and that I couldn't move him. He said he didn't care and that he had kids of his own but, none of that mattered. I told him that I was NOT going to wake up my little boy and move him in a snow storm to an unknown hotel. I went straight to my room and got my computer and printed out my confirmation email and the webpage I reserved through and neither said anything about pets! I had no idea! In fact, I had fed my lab in front of the hotel and my mom had already taken him for a walk around the perimeter once. We were hardly sneaking around! It was a horrible experience. I was called a liar and would have been kicked out if I had not stood my ground for my sleeping son with Down Syndrome. I am appalled and will never stay in a choice hotel again if this is not dealt with in some manner that shows me this manager was completely out of bounds with me. I read the bad reviews that night (on choice hotels.com) and they mentioned over and over how George Stark and his twin brother, Michael Stark, are overly aggressive and completely out of line with customers. I would never have believed these reviews had I not experienced this myself! Some of those reviews are several years old so, since it is still happening I am led to believe that the upper management at choice hotels do not care how their hotel name is being represented. Please contact me to show me differently.

comfort and convenience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 24, 2011

This is a nice hotel.

The furnishings are pleasant.

It's clean, quiet and the staff is friendly.

The breakfast is very good.

The only drawback is the noisy waterslide attached to the pool for the kiddies.
A little tough to take a nice relaxing morning swim with the waterslide noise.

Overall, this place is a very nice place to stay.

Unique Quality: location

terrible

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2010

Yet, when I made my reservation I signed up for a choice priveledges account to earn rewards, and I paid for the hotel online through this site. I entered the cc info online, but, did not check to the box to consent to the storage of my cc information. But, the information was not only illegally stored, but also was shared, and forwarded. Now, choice did not forward me to the local hotels website to input the information, they are trying to say that they are not liable for this security breach. If they don't want to be held liable for this, then they should forward you to the appropriate number, or website to input the information. At the very least they should try to help all of us people with a resolution to the problems that arise out of this practice. They just collect our info, what are their duties as a franchise, is to help all of their patrons, or say it is not our problem, it is yours, so tough luck buddy. I would like to have all problems emailed to me at karamarieoneil@aol.com I have read a lot of stories that match mine, and it sounds like I care a lot more than choice hotels inc. The phone numbers for them I found online are
301-592-5000I am trying to get resolve for all of the people and their families that have had their vacation ruined by comfort suites in Lake George NY. AKA "Stark Enterprises" franchised by the choice hotel group. The choice group franchises hotels such as hilton, quality inn, comfort suites, ect.. in other words, a very large network, one of the largest in the world. The CEO is Stephen Joyce, the chairperson is Ranja Bhana, and Stewart Bainum. I am strongly trying to contact these people to help me out, as well as all of the other people whoh have posted their awful experiences at comfort suites in Lake George NY. I personally have never been talked down to in this way. I have gone through all of the channels like so many others trying to get resolve. I constantly referred to the choice hotels assist line. The only thing they do is tell me that these hotels are independant franchises, and individually owned to contact and work it out through the local hotel.
301-592-5000
and fax line is
301-592-6157
president,CEO, and director Stephen Joyce age 50 866-541-3773
owner= Ranja Bhana
Chairman Steward Bainum age 64
I am not sure but I need to talk to someone who is higher up. Maybe they really do care, but they just haven’t had a chance to hear all of our stories. We will find out, and keep you posted. As you can see I have the names and numbers of the people who can make a difference. I almost had one of the owners of comfort suites in Lake George arrested for theft. He used my credit card without my authorization, and I was assured by my attorney that was definitely illegal. I need to find out first though, who stored the information. Was it comfort Suites, or was it choice hotels. I guess they better find out soon for me. Or, I will have to send a summons, and complaint to both of them. I am not the only person that has had their personal information stolen by these people. We need to ban together to get some resolution. I am losing sleep, and will not be able to sleep until I can be sure that not one more person has a vacation like mine, I work hard, and I only get one vacation a year, only to have it ruined by these people.
I hope we all hear back from choice international soon. Everyone of us should be heard, and should have our concerns addressed. This should have already taken place but, lets hope that we can change this for the future. Many illegal things are taking place at comfort suites in Lake George NY. They are stealing information, stalking their guests, invading privacy with illegal survallience (including in the areas of the pool, and other places you would expect privacy.) (I whole heartedly believe that the manager of this hotel has pictures of children changing their clothes in the pool areas.) They are using these cameras to make a profit with the videos, they stand outside your doors, and try to peep in your room while you are in there. The maids go through your things when you are not there. Maybe all together we can fix this. Let us be heard, I must believe in my heart that the people who run choice do care. They run over 11000 hotels in the U.S alone. They didn’t get to where they are today by not caring about their patrons, or stealing from them. I believe that our stories need to go to the top. That way they can fix what is going wrong in this choice hotel brand Comfort Suites of Lake George NY. A couple of bad apples is all it takes to ruin the bunch.

Unique Quality: The owner works at the front desk

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lake George Travel Forum

Need advice about Lake George, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Lake George and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lake George hotel reviews