Lake George Hotels

Our Members Say

• moiraistyx profile photo moiraistyx
  • Reviews: 664

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Tiki Resort: Not Planning on Coming Back

Our recent trip to Lake George was last minute so I logged onto a hotel booking website and was able to find The Tiki Resort. I read a few of the reviews and decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I am not planning on coming back. There were several things wrong with this stay including the giant grasshopper that was on my bed, the terrible wifi connection and speed, the garbage found in every nook and cranny along the walkways and stairwells and the fact that they put a coffee pot in the room, but there wasn't any coffee. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and creaked everytime you moved. The pillows were nearly flat and the walls paper thin. We could hear everything on both sides of us. The outdoor pool was freezing, thank goodness for the indoor pool. The have hula dancers as part of some dinner show which you have to pay for, it's not actually part of the hotel stay.

The one positive about this hotel is that you can walk down to the lake and all the shops from here. Watch out for traffic when crossing the streets.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Seven Dwarfs Motor Lodge: My Experience with the Seven Dwarfs

Seven Dwarfs Motor Lodge
Address: 468 Canada St., Lake George, NY 12845
Once upon a time a girl and a boy went on vacation. They called ahead and made reservations, like any responsible people would, so that they could be assured accommodations of their choosing upon arrival to their destination. We called “Seven Dwarfs Motor Lodge” because I was impressed with their website, Honey wanted to get a cabin, and the place was close to town.
We were informed that there were no cabins with queen-size beds, but one with a double bed. We acquiesced, as we sleep on a double bed every night and it is more than big enough for the both of us. We confirmed it was cabin number 15, and so our reservations were made, and the deposit was secured through my debit card.
When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see that our lodgings were incredibly easy to find (right when we got off the highway, you can’t miss it) and were, in fact, only a 5-10 minute walk into town. The pool was of a nice size, and well maintained, and the cabins were quaint.
We were less pleasantly surprised by the strange dip the driveway has as you pull off the main road, causing the back of your car to hit the pavement, if you don’t take it slow. We were even less pleasantly surprised to discover that “cabin” 15 isn’t a cabin at all, but a room off the back of what appears to be a utility building.
There were about a dozen very cute cabins on the property, and had we stayed in one of these, I am nearly positive we would have had a more than satisfactory experience. As is, it certainly wasn’t horrible, but just a bit disappointing.
The good: the location, right off the highway and a short walk to town; the pool is nice and well-maintained; the housekeeping conceded to our request to not enter our room during our stay (Honey is paranoid); right on the trolley-line (we took it only once, though, we like to walk); inexpensive; clean; seems to be family-owned (by a nice Indian family).
The bad: our ‘cabin’ was a room (which I really don’t think should be counted as rentable space); the floor of our room would ‘flex’ when we walked on it; the entry to the driveway dips in a way that makes it dangerous to the bottom of your car; our ‘neighbors’ (the family who owns it?) were loud way into the night (2:00-3:00 am), including something that Honey likened to a duck quacking in the room right next to our bathroom (perhaps it was an especially yappy small dog? I don’t know what it was, except annoying); small room.
If you do decide to go to the Seven Dwarfs, make sure you take the driveway slowly, and be assured before you get there that you are renting a cabin. I wouldn’t write it off as a cheaper alternative to some of the nicer places in Lake George (they can get quite pricey), but next time me and Honey are going to indulge in something a bit more upscale (something with a jacuzzi, perhaps?)
Thank you, I hope this helps you plan your Lake George vacation in some small way. I should be adding more about our trip soon, so check out my other posts.

well-maintained pool, close to town, inexpensive, quaint cabins

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 7, 2008

• Melann profile photo Melann
  • Reviews: 47

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

North Pole Campground and Motor Inn: Didnt stay in LG

We rented a cabin at NP (this was my 3rd time there but 1st without the hubby and kids) We stayed in the cabin Whiteface small 2 room just a mini fridge and tv, one queen bed in main room 2 sets of bunks in back room. Plenty of space for us 4 girls and all of our clothes!!CLEAN!!!!As always NP was spotlessly clean, the cabin and bathrooms and showers have not been dirty one time that I have been there! Staff is friendly and enjoyed watching us girls struggling to get the hang of paddling a rental row boat on the Ausable River!

Great location, far away from the snooty atmosphere of Lake Placid, but not so far that its a pain to drive there. Base of Whiteface right in the middle of the High Peaks region! Always clean, was a bit dissapointed that as hot as it was they wouldnt open the pool which was up and running but it was 1 week prior to their "high season" many guests were a bit annoyed as the temps were in the 90s. We always have a great experience at this campground but the drive to LG is a LONG one if you are going for Bike week we suggest staying closer to LG!!!!!!!!!!

• Written August 10, 2005

• travel-bugg profile photo travel-bugg
  • Reviews: 25

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

THE SAGAMORE: WONDERFUL RESORT

The Sagamore is the premier resort/hotel in the Lake George area. I stayed here for a weekend and am glad I picked the Sagamore over any other property

They have the vey best veranda terrace; you can just sit and relax for hours. It has views of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack Mountains--simply beautiful.

• Written November 11, 2004

• steelstud profile photo steelstud
  • Reviews: 16

On the Lake

I don't recall the exact place we stayed but my tip is to book early because during the summer all the accomadations in the area are packed.Most of the motels on the lake are cottages on pilings and kind of rustic but clean and comfortable and most have dockage/swimming areas and pools.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written March 21, 2004
Tip Photo

• kazander profile photo kazander
  • Reviews: 857

Trout House Village: lovely lakeside resort

I have been to this place many times as a child. We stayed in a different place every time (almost) there are Log cabins suite and little cottages to choose from. The lake is right across the street, and there are tubes and boats you can use.

• Written January 12, 2004

• cruisingbug profile photo cruisingbug
  • Reviews: 370

The Saratoga Rose: A bit of a drive, but worth it

This was only our 2nd stay in a b&b - the first was quite awkward and weird - not what we expected. But this place is more like an inn - more than a few rooms and an integral restaurant. We stayed in the Victoria Room at The Rose - very Victorian if you're into that (I'm not but that's about all you get in Lk. Geo.) However the hot tub was divine on a rainy weekend and the service was EXCELLENT, both in the restaurant at night and for breakfast both mornings. The proprietors make you feel at home without making you feel like you're staying at your Aunt Martha's. There are journals in the room where guests can recount their stays. Apparently our room had been haunted once or twice, which made me antsy the first night, but no spirits (other than those we imbibed) appeared.

UPDATE: Under new management - see web site.

The Rose has a lovely garden with gazebo and koi pond out back - I'm sure it's nicer in the summertime than in the rainy fall.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 4, 2003

The Saratoga Rose Bed and Breakfast, Hadley, NY

• d6676 profile photo d6676
  • Reviews: 90

The Inn on Gore Mountain.: The Inn on Gore Mountain.

There is a restaurant on site. The people are friendly. It is a thirty minute drive from Lake George but it was convenient for rafting since this is where we had to meet anyway.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 7, 2002
Tip Photo

• stopatnothin profile photo stopatnothin
  • Reviews: 192
The Sagamore Resort: The Sagamore Resort

prices here are definately high in the summer months . If you visit slightly off season ( October , November , December , March ) you are bound to find a price to suit your budget .

the resort is on an island - the name of the island , Sagamore Island on Lake George !

• Written August 25, 2002