Scottish Inns Lake George

Five Canada Street, Lake George, New York, 12845, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• compound92's Profile Photo

Accommodations from Hell

This property represents the most digusting accommodations ever experienced as I travel extensively. This was my first stay at a Hospitality International property and if this is typical, will be my last. This was also my wife and my self's first visit to Lake George which required a search via Internet for accomodations prior to leaving home. This property was grossly misinterpreted via pictures, etc., compaired to the status actually experienced. For example: bathroom floor filthy, little bathroom window screen torn, all soap/shampoo dispensers empty, bathroom floor constantly wet from leaky toilet, room furniture damaged/dirty inside, floor of room "spongy" in various areas, acoustic ceiling tiles damaged/poorly patched, TV remote control held together with duct tape as was the area around the "air conditioner", bed sheets directly on matress without pad, the room smell was attempted to be covered up by an air freshener, etc, etc, etc. Granted this is located in a resort area, there is no excuse for the deplorable conditions we found. There is obviously no "pride" on behalf of the property owner. Unfortunately we were commited to stay because of our very late arrival time and the fact that our credit card was debited immediately upon making the reseverations. We wonder if the town of Lake George, NY checks up on places like this as this is a representation of the area.

Unique Quality: We can not and will not recommend this accommodation to anyone, any other well know chain would be recommended as an alternative.

Directions: Exit # 21 from I-87N, onto state route 9N, less than a mile on left

• Scottish Inn - the worst place I almost stayed in

My sister, niece and I tried checking into this hotel with my service dog after making sight unseen reservations from the internet. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! When we arrived, we had to wait like 15 minutes for them to unlock the office and check us in.

We then went to our room.... we opened the door and were greeted with such an overwhelming smell of airfreshener that my sister started wheezing. Next we go to close the door and the chain lock was broken, and the panel looking door that connected us to the next room, well my 4 year old niece could have broken the door open with that so called lock. Then we turn the beds down, and the pillows smell of body odor!!!!!! Yuck!!!!!!!

And it doesn't end there..... I go into the bathroom, and the tub has hairs all over it!!!!!

Needless to say, we left, found another hotel, the Lyn Aire that set us up with a beautiful, clean, secure room with pool, jacuzzi, breakfast, playground, etc, etc.

When we went back to Scottish to check out the manager told me he KNEW THE ROOM WAS CLEAN!!!!! I had to laugh at that one. He did however, agree to let us check out and refund our money.

Unique Quality: No Tell Motel doesn't even begin to describe this horrible place.

Directions: on Canada between past The Great Escape on the way to Lake George Village

Comments