The Georgian Resort & Conference Center

Satisfaction Average

More about The Georgian Resort & Conference Center

eh, just o.k..

by TripAdvisor Member vacationqueen0426

We made a last minute reservation at The Georgian this past Thursday. We arrived Thursday evening and we were happy that they had a room for us at the last minute. The rooms are small and dark, there was hardly any room between the two double beds that we had. The sheets and the bed were very uncomfortable. The room seemed clean, however the whole resort seemed like it needed to be updated. As my husband put it, it was an 80's hotel that hadn't been renovated. There was a drunk man walking through the parking lot and to our surprise he actually removed his pants. I am not talking about a teenager but an old man. He had to be carried through the parking lot to his room by his adult children. We encountered many out of control drunk people during our 3 night stay in Lake George, even though we only stayed at the Georgian 1 night. Kinda ghetto. The pool looked nice enough, although we did not swim or eat at the resort. My husband got a drink at the bar but that was it. I can see this being a good place for a couple, however not for a family with children. I had to explain to my kids what they witnessed first hand in the parking lot and that was not a good thing. I would not return to the Georgian. We hi-tailed out of there as soon as the morning came. The only pro for this resort was the walking distance to the village.

Never Again!

by TripAdvisor Member Value_Traveler

We were booked here for two nights but checked out after the first night. This was our first trip to Lake George and its beautiful but I was pretty disappointed in the Village of Lake George, which is where the Georgian is located. First, there is nothing luxury about the Georgian. Its a very worn motel. We were paying $300 a night for a poolside room. The furniture in the room was very cheap and chipped. The sheets on the bed were very flimsy and that's all there was on the bed - no mattress pad. The box spring and mattress were dirty. There is a public beach in Lake George Village but don't be fooled by the Georgian's website that they have a beach at the "resort". Its a tiny strip of sand. They don't have any chairs out there. The pool looked okay and they did have a lot of chairs around that area. I really felt like I was being taken for a ride. Even given the fact that this was August in Lake George, there was no way this motel is worth the $$ they charge. I definitely don't recommend this place.

Since we had planned to stay in the area one more night, we went North a few miles to Bolton Landing, which is on Lake George. They have a lot of motels on the lake and we found one for $119. The room was very basic but okay for one night and there was a nice area to sit by the lake.

Just a motel ... certainly not a resort

by TripAdvisor Member Duke93UNC97

I was quite apprehensive upon arriving here ... after passing by several low and moderate level motels, I had little hope that the Georgian would be any better. Alas, it was not.

I truly cannot understand how they can call themselves a "luxury resort." It is a classic motel arrangment (rooms are arrayed around the rather loud parking lot.) I felt rather betrayed after researching the motel/"resort" on-line. There is peeling paint outside and old carpeting leading to the rooms. Inside, there is peeling wallpaper and stains in the corners.

I took my children, ages 3 and 6, to the pool while my wife cancelled the remaining three nights. The clientele at the pool fit the setting with several mothers sitting in the shallow end smoking. The lifeguard was nearly asleep ... but I must add that he had quite an impressive collection of body art.

It was quite difficult to sleep ... the air conditioner was loud and there was a rowdy group in the parking lot until late.

On the plus side, though (and the only thing saving this from the lowest rating) was the politeness of the staff. We experienced no problems with cancellation ... and the folks at the breakfast buffet were very accomodating.

My ire over the profound misrepresentation of this "resort" abated some upon my return home. My colleagues at work confirmed that Lake George is somewhat tacky (think Hampton Beach or Myrtle Beach in the mountains) and that I had to expect this to some degree.

If you do choose to go here, go with the full understanding that it is no more than a low to moderate level motel. There is no "beach" to speak of -- unless you count the overgrown algae and there are no typical "resort" activities.

For our part, we transferred to the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and had a wonderful time for the remainder of the vacation.

Its ok.

by TripAdvisor Member cher81

I have stayed at this resort 3 times. The last time was 6 years ago. I would say then that i would not stay anywhere else. But this year i think the resort could use a little work. The beds are comfortable, carpeting is in good shape but the flooring under the carpet felt soft in spots and in some areas of the room the floor squeeked really bad i felt bad for anyone under us. The lighting in the room really bad very dark. I could not see to put my makeup on in the bathroom. The room was clean but wallpaper was falling off the walls in bathroom. and the shower head had pink mold on it. But really just a little work and the resort would be great i hope they put a little money into it i would hate to see it get any worse.

The pool area is very nice with a great view of the lake. The pool was very cold my 11 year old would not even stay in i quess they don't heat the pool in the summer. I did not eat in the restarant but had a drink at the bar very nice bartendar. He made a very good cocktail. I was told the resort was sold about 3 years ago I really hope the new owners keep it up. But from what i saw this year i feel they may let it go. I did have a great time and yes i would give this resort one more shot before i go down the street.

Ouch...

by TripAdvisor Member BearDown77

This is a pretty run down hotel on the seedy strip of Canada St. in Lake George. If you're a "local" - i.e., know what to expect of Lake George area, you may not be too disappointed... However, the hotel has lots of deferred maintenance, white plastic chairs on the balconies - sign says "luxury resort" - but the place leaves you with an overall tacky feeling. If you're part of the cooler crowd - everyone seemed to be dragging a cooler full of beer around the hotel parking lot, then you may feel right at home here. Otherwise - caveat emptor!

Not worth the money @ Georgian Luxury Resort

by TripAdvisor Member LGBound

Just came back from the 3 nights at the Georgian with a 15 & 11 year old boys. The good and the bad are:
GOOD;
1. Nice pool and area arond the pool
2. Bar by the pool was a plus
3. My room had a great view of the lake(Lakefront room)
4. Hanging out in front of your room for R & R
5. Room was cleaned daily
6. Everything worked (Refrig, blow dryer, A/C, TV)
7. Close to town
8. Breakfast was good and reasonable
9. Activities were good outside Hotel (ie: Parasailing, Jetski, Water sking, White water rafting, Go cars, Mini Golf, Arcades, Entertainment in the center of town every night, Steamboat ride, Rent a boat)
10. Looks like a great place for a wedding

BAD;
1.THE PLACE IS DIRTY!!
1A. Cigarette butts everywhere. Even when we complained they still didn't do anything about it.
1B. The beach is small and not kept. A little closer to town, at Marine Village there was a much nicer beach.
1C. Shower was gross. Rusty pipe and midew shower head.
1D. When I came out of the shower and the pool I felt like they were using Lake water
2. THE PLACE IS DATED!! Needs renovating.
3. Nothing there for kids. Most of the places next to the Georgian had boats shuffle board, ping pong, swings(Park Lane, Marine Village, Surfside)
4. We heard, from a person who had been going there for six years that they changed owners 2 years ago and the place has been deteriating ever since.
5. NOT WORTH THE MONEY!! MANY PLACES CLOSER TO TOWN AND MANY PLACES NOT WALKABLE TO TOWN (FURTHER NORTH ON ROUTE 9) FOR LESS MONEY.

Over Priced Motel On A Lake Thats All Folks!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BAS724

Just returned back from the Georgian "Luxury" Resort. First of all the only "Luxury" this resort has is the deceiving "Luxury" name on the sign when you drive in. The sign has probably been there since the 60's when maybe it was a luxury resort at that time. What this place is is basically a standard "MOTEL" that happens to be close or near Lake George. We booked a "Courtyard" room which should actually should be called a "Parking Lot" room cause thats really what it is. Your only view in these rooms will be pickup trucks and cars of which you need to keep one eye open all night with hopes one does not enter your room if someone happens to acccidentally press on the gas pedal. Whew! we survived that. The room is as standard a small smelly motel room as you will find anywhere. Easily compare this room to any $35 per night room you'll find anywhere in the country. This motel feels that could charge a OVERWHELMING $200+ per night which is a COMPLETE RIP OFF. They feel they can charge this much cause of the peak season and also the lake which you need to go thru the restaurant/lounge to see. You cannot see it from the "PARKING LOT rooms" (bad). The only good here are the staff in the restaurant who are nice people and the breakfast which is fine. I read the reviews here before the trip but I figured I would take a chance anyway. Wrong move.

bike week hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jmb327

this was my third time staying at the georgian. this is not a luxury hotel. The rooms are no different than a hotel room in a motel6 or super 8 type of cheap hotel. This hotel is very exspensive due to the fact that you can walk to town. We did have a lot of fun at the hotel and the people who work here are very nice. the place is pretty clean and there is a underground parking garage for your bike. The pool and outside bar are great and the breakfast buffet is good also. the waiters at the buffet really go out of their way to make you happy.

Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member cher1wyou

I never would have stayed here based on the reviews and pictures. Friends had booked it for a group of us. We stayed for three nights. I have good & bad to report:
BAD:
The price of a poolside room was $279/night! I got it down to around $251/night with AAA. Some of the poolside rooms have a slight musty smell, our friends had to move their room closer to the road to avoid this. There is old and dirty carpet in the walkways, looked like they never vaccuum or clean it...you wouldn't want to walk on it in your bare feet. This place calls itself a luxury resort hotel, but it's little more than a simple motel. The beach was nothing like the picture....it was super small and somewhat dirty, entire thing was dark wet sand so no desire to use it. The breakfast buffet was a nice spread, looked impressive, but much of it had no taste, but the price was very reasonable. Starting to show it's age....door was warped and difficult opening it, some rust on door, looked like 1985 phone in room. Several of the plastic lounge chairs at the pool had numerous cracks on the seating area...had to be careful that my 5 yr. didn't sit on those and get her skin pinched in there. the walls are thin and you can hear lots of muffled noise from the room above. Also, they have lots of weddings there, so beware of some late night party people, especially loud in the rooms right next to the pool. Probably want to stay away from the honeymoon suite area if there is a wedding there that night.
Good:
One of the nicest pools on the strip, overlooking the lake. Pool was clean. Rooms were adequate and clean, new carpet, new bathroom tile, new wall-paper. All rooms have fridge and you can request a pack-n-play for little ones. They offer breakfast & dinner in the onsite restaurant as well as entertainment. You can also order lunch & drinks poolside...which was great. There service at the pool was good. We ordered a pizza and it was excellent. They also have a lifeguard and towel service. If you have to have the awesome outdoor pool and be able to walk to the village, don't require luxury and don't mind the price, then this might be the place for you. But next time I am staying at one of the numerous other better options.

Georgian Back Pain

by TripAdvisor Member Occams_Hammer

This hotel calls itself a "Luxury Hotel" but it is far from it.

Front desk staff were very personable and polite but they need some training on Dining and activities in Lake George (don't expect a concierge as you would normally find in a luxury hotel. The Rooms were clean. However, he beds and mattresses are old. They use a very cheap bed frame that causes the mattresses to bow in the center. In addition, the beds do not stay in the frame. If you have a good back going in, you may not have such a good back going out. There are some do-it-yourself repairs in the bathroom. They should hire a professional next time.

There are 4 small (around 16 inches wide) drawers for clothing (3 in the entertainment center and 1 in the night table).

On the bright side, the rooms are clean. The Dining room is well kept and looks like a small banquet room. I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food. The pool area is extremely nice with gazebos and a bar. The pool can use some updating in the sense that the edges are concrete and should be modernized. Otherwise the pool itself is very nice. The pool isn't too big but it’s also not crowded. A waitress comes around to take your drink order. They have a small marina area with bats and a tiny piece of shoreline which isn't used much by the guests (No lifeguards in the pool or beach area. They supply the towels (pool and rooms). I called for extra towels, twice, and they were very prompt in delivering the towels (quicker than any real luxury hotel that I ever stayed at).

The beds being the worst part of this stay and also the most important part, I would not recommend you staying here unless you incapable of feeling any back pain.

Sunset from The steam boat deckSunset from The steam boat deck

Comments