2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Adirondack Inn by the Lake

This is our staple hotel, every time we visit Lake Placid for our annual ski trip we stay here. Its always been a great place to stay, although I don't know if it was our fault that maybe we reserved too late, our room in 2002 wasn't that great. I would try it again and ask for a room in the main area and not on the ground level. (You could here alot of noise from the drive in parking lot). Also I remember our past rooms were in better shape and seemed alot bigger/nicer.

Unique Quality: Its super close to the ski mountain and the little town is quite adorable. Nice little shops, cafes and restaurants.

More about Best Western Adirondack Inn Lake Placid

The Mirror Lake Inn, the best place in town

by pchamlis

"A Lake Placid landmark for generations"

For many years, the beautiful and luxurious Mirror Lake Inn has welcomed visitors to the crystal shores of Mirror Lake, and to the friendly and cosy Adirondack village of Lake Placid, New York.

"The hallway to the suites...."

This is walking down the hall to our suite, which was denoted as "The Cascade Suite".

"A room with a view"

Actually, a room with one hell of a view, in my opinion. This is the look at lovely Mirror Lake, taken from our Cascade Suite's balcony porch.

"A great place to relax in the afternoon"

Each afternoon, the inn serves tea and home-baked cookies to guests in the lobby and den areas.

It's a lovely interlude for unwinding in the afternoon. After tea and cookies, one can meander to their room and make their preparations for an outstanding meal in the Averil Cromwell Dining rooms, which (if I remember) opens at 6:30 pm.

"Champagne and roses by the fireplace"

I had the Mirror Lake folks place chilled champagne and roses in our room before our arrival. Also, I ordered some of their trademark chocolate-dipped strawberries, which were wonderful.

My wife is also wearing one of the nifty turkish robes that are placed in the room for the guests' use. Very comfortable on a chilly NY night.

"The lobby fireplace"

There are fireplaces everywhere at the cozy and dignified Mirror Lake Inn. This is the main lobby fireplace. I'd suggest getting a snifter of brandy or cognac for some after-dinner conversation or reflection in this lobby.

"Moose Head at Mirror Lake"

What's an Adirondack inn without a moose head? Well, it's just not an Adirondack Inn, I'd say.

The Mirror Lake Inn's den area has the traditional head and antlers over one of its fireplaces.

Comments